Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Any Ford Dealer Emoloyees?  (Read 21186 times)
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 14, 2006, 08:44:26 AM »

Is there any truth to the Boycott on Ford Motor Company for its support of the homosexual lifestyle? I read about this from a newsletter online from the AFA (American Families Association). They claim that their boycott is working and Ford's sales have fallen as well as a decrease in stock values. They also claim that all Ford Motor Company  employees have to attend mandatory "Diversity Training" to help them understand the gay lifestyle. Is there any truth to Ford's position on this??     

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2006, 10:38:41 AM »

WOW, I hope this is not true.. I am not an employee of ford but buy alot of trucks from the fleet sales and will check with my salesman about it, just my opinion but im a firm believer that a relationship should be between a MAN AND A WOMAN!!!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2006, 05:56:32 PM »

I remeber a huge disscussion awhile back about that. If I remeber right, it is true that they support homos... I'm not even a Ford fan, but come on, why the hell would you want to come out and say "WE SUPPORT GAY PEOPLE!!!"? How good could that be for sales once your normal customer base becomes to embarased to buy the product? Do they think they can replace all there current customers with homo's and it will be alright?
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2006, 07:08:46 PM »

yes it is true they advertise heavily in gay publicatiosn and support gay events, im not sure about the training though.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
gatorjohn

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2006, 08:57:56 PM »

Look at Disney "Gay Days"... They are huge suppoerters. They just want the bucks!
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2006, 10:01:34 PM »

yes it is true they advertise heavily in gay publicatiosn and support gay events, im not sure about the training though.

Myself and Bigworm can vouch for the training. For our Service Manager masters there is a course that is set up for GLBT(gay,lesbian,bisexual and transgendered) it is a 950 Billion dollar market that they are after accordig to the statistics Subaru has the lead in the area. Is it afftecting us as a whole 2% nation wide is a pretty good drop overall for a 1 month total and I believe that they are down a least 15% year to date. we have our good days and our bad days it has been slow just about everywhere in the automotive repair industry. The last week has been rough. 

Look at Disney "Gay Days"... They are huge suppoerters. They just want the bucks!
The only problem I have with that comment is this. If an outside organization says show up at Disney on this date at this time for our cause without coordianting with the theme park then it looks bad for the theme park for supporting them. Are they going to close their door to the revenue, not hardly
« Last Edit: June 14, 2006, 10:08:08 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2006, 10:13:35 PM »

I have never seen such a homo-phobic group.  In most cases the people that  complain the loudest have the most to hide, so what are you guys hiding?   TskTsk TskTsk
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2006, 11:06:22 PM »

I have been in the auto industry for 19 years and yes Ford has lost market share with thier support of gay's and lesbians. Thier stand is the world is evolving and becoming more open minded, they want to be the trail blazers so to speak for the future. I dont care about anyones belief on this matter it is an abomination in the eys of GOD..... and that is good enough for me.
FLCat

The Cat is where it's at!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2006, 11:11:30 PM »

I have never seen such a homo-phobic group.

Now that's funny.  Having Christian beliefs about what is morally right makes us homophobic?  Please!

I have my license to chill. 

05 Arctic Cat 650 V-Twin
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 15, 2006, 12:00:09 AM »

What is morally right in YOUR eyes, and what is morally right are two different things.  Morally I don't think I am better than anyone else and so I won't judge them for their beliefs.  Morally, you think it's ok to discriminate against a certain group because they are not heterosexual.  50 yrs ago there were groups just like you that thought it was morally right to keep blacks from voting and now you look back on those people and think how narrow minded of them to do that.

We don't live in the dark ages anymore so it's time to come off your high horse and accept people for who they are, who are you to judge?   If these people were criminals then that is one thing but just because of their sexual preferance you want to deny them equal rights, come on.   You should worry more about your salvation and let everyone else live their lives.

I have said it before and I'll say it again you holly rollers are exactly what are troops are fighting against, the only difference is you worship a different god.  Muslims want to kill all the infidels you guys just want to deny them their dignity, their rights and the freedom to live their lives as they see fit. 

I don't know the exact quotes but lets try these,

"Judge not, yet ye be judged."
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
"Mind your own business."
« Last Edit: June 15, 2006, 12:01:52 AM by FishaHallic » Logged
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 15, 2006, 05:49:17 AM »

It seems that your judging the forum members for stateing thier opinion and trying to find out the truth about a company policy that just happens to be about homosexual individuals.

As far as denying equal rights thats just not true. The majority of America could learn to get along with the gay people if all they wanted was equal rights, it seems to me that they want a special set of rules written just for them. And I bet if you were to ask some troops what they're fighting for, I'm willing to bet freedom of speech would be one of those things.
I think fishaholic doth protest to much.
 "The Empty Can Rattles The Most"

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 15, 2006, 07:01:54 AM »

It seems that your judging the forum members for stateing thier opinion and trying to find out the truth about a company policy that just happens to be about homosexual individuals.

Some are using the bible,not their opinion, as a reason to hate. There are some immigrant and illegal residents in our country that want special rights too. Lets hate all of them too. You guys are unbelievable.

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
dreth

« Reply #12 on: June 15, 2006, 07:28:46 AM »

Some are using the bible,not their opinion, as a reason to hate. There are some immigrant and illegal residents in our country that want special rights too. Lets hate all of them too. You guys are unbelievable.

no one said anything about HATE! we just dont support what they are doing. do you support the illegals that come over here and take advantage of the system and speak spanish?HuhHuhHuh??
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 15, 2006, 08:20:51 AM »

I'm not judging these forum members, that's not for me to do, I'm just stating MY opinion.  The members in question would like to pass laws and force companies (by organizing a boycott of a company) to discriminate against a group of people.  Lets face it your practicing hate and that's just how it is.  What's next, religious police walking around whipping people with canes for violating your views on how we should live.

Yes our soldiers are fighting for our freedom of speech, they are also fighting for our FREEDOM.  Our freedom to live our lives as we see fit ( within the boundaries of the law) without being persecuted for our religious beliefs.   Seems to me, you of all people should not be speaking out about what our great soldiers are fighting for.  There is a group in Kansas with views very similar to yours that protest at our soldiers funeral saying that they deserved to die because they are fighting for the homosexuals.  Maybe your not that radical but you are very, very close. 

In closing I just want to say I don't hate you for your beliefs nor do I want to pass laws to force you to live by my beliefs.  You christian Mullahs think that you should be able to force people to change their lifestyles but as long as they are not hurting anyone leave em alone.  And while your at it all of your type should be adapting all these kids that are wards of the state because their mothers didn't want them and couldn't have abortions, but that is another topic.
Flea_Jumper
Supreme Member

Finally, a place to meet other riders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 15, 2006, 08:27:58 AM »

I support and respect Fishaholics opinion, live and let live.  What I dont agree with is the seperation or special classification that they are looking for.  I am spanish and I dont see Latin days or any other day anywhere else for that matter.  I dont see Ford or any other company giving language lessons to thier employees or celebrating hetorasexual, bisexual, necrophiliacs, or any other sexual prefrences publicly.  ITS YOUR PERSONAL BUSINESS, NO ONE WANT TO KNOW!

Be what you want to be, but keep it to yourselves.  What happens in the bedroom is no ones business but yours. 

Corporate America is just after the dollar, NOTHING ELSE! 

And one more thing, that AFA is a bunch of crap.  I have never seen a more opinionated organization anywhere.  I have asked several times to take me off of thier email list with no response. 

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2006, 08:42:12 AM »

What is morally right in YOUR eyes, and what is morally right are two different things.  Morally I don't think I am better than anyone else and so I won't judge them for their beliefs.  Morally, you think it's ok to discriminate against a certain group because they are not heterosexual.  50 yrs ago there were groups just like you that thought it was morally right to keep blacks from voting and now you look back on those people and think how narrow minded of them to do that.

We don't live in the dark ages anymore so it's time to come off your high horse and accept people for who they are, who are you to judge?   If these people were criminals then that is one thing but just because of their sexual preferance you want to deny them equal rights, come on.   You should worry more about your salvation and let everyone else live their lives.

I have said it before and I'll say it again you holly rollers are exactly what are troops are fighting against, the only difference is you worship a different god
.  Muslims want to kill all the infidels you guys just want to deny them their dignity, their rights and the freedom to live their lives as they see fit. 

I don't know the exact quotes but lets try these,

"Judge not, yet ye be judged."
"Let he who is without sin cast the first stone."
"Mind your own business."

I am not sure that my belief in GOD makes me a terrorist but that if your opinion and you are welcome to it. No one said anything about hate, I have people I work with, ride with and eat lunch with that are GAY....I do not hate them in fact I consider them friends. I do not judge them for who they are and they do not force their lifestyle on me. I do pray for them and their soul just as I pray for mine, for we all will have to answer for our actions. All anyone was trying to say was they do not believe in the support FORD is giving the Gay community despite loss in market share because of it...NOT good marketing!!!! FACT Ford had the #1 selling truck 28 years in a row and has now lost that title to Chevy last year and will loose it again by a larger margin this year. You seen to have allot of the hatred in you hart you speak so much about for Christians. Since you are so fond of quotes how about this one... "Sometimes it is better to let someone wonder if you are an IDIOT than to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2006, 08:49:51 AM »

I agree with everything you said Flea_jumper, but let me make two points.  First when the gay groups organize the big Disney gay day, that is the group that is doing the organizing not disney.  The ford thing is just the company trying to be politically correct, I don't think it has anything to do with the gay community pressuring them.  Let me state this also, I am NOT gay, I just think it's wrong to be so filled with hate that you have to attack a certain group just because you don't like their lifestyle.

Can't we all just get along!

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 15, 2006, 08:56:43 AM »

Swamp Donkey, my you are so angry, why?  We are discussing something in a calm and rational way why do you have to take it so personal.   This is why alot of people are leaning away from the right wing christian which you are because they are hypocrites.  They preach compassion and understanding but when someone disagrees with them they attack.  What happened to turn the other cheek, you have issues that only you can solve, open your heart and stop hating and maybe you will feel better.  Good luck

I know I will be attacked for my view but if you can't stand up for what is right what good are you.  Ok Mullahs come and get it!
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2006, 09:04:37 AM »

Swamp Donkey, my you are so angry, why?  We are discussing something in a calm and rational way why do you have to take it so personal.   This is why alot of people are leaning away from the right wing christian which you are because they are hypocrites.  They preach compassion and understanding but when someone disagrees with them they attack.  What happened to turn the other cheek, you have issues that only you can solve, open your heart and stop hating and maybe you will feel better.  Good luck

I know I will be attacked for my view but if you can't stand up for what is right what good are you.  Ok Mullahs come and get it!

Your inability to comprehend what people are trying to say combined with your willingness to twist words deserves no further response. GOD BLESS
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2006, 09:19:46 AM »

I agree with everything you said Flea_jumper, but let me make two points.  First when the gay groups organize the big Disney gay day, that is the group that is doing the organizing not disney.  The ford thing is just the company trying to be politically correct, I don't think it has anything to do with the gay community pressuring them.  Let me state this also, I am NOT gay, I just think it's wrong to be so filled with hate that you have to attack a certain group just because you don't like their lifestyle.

I wish that you could stay away from spewing what you do every time a "controversial" subject comes up,,,,,do you post anything else?

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
2ndtime04gt

buythisatvstuff is my B-WORD!!!!! crybaby!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2006, 09:37:13 AM »

no one said anything about HATE! we just dont support what they are doing. do you support the illegals that come over here and take advantage of the system and speak spanish?HuhHuhHuh??

I dont support illegals, or legals for that matter, that take advantage of the system and speak spanish or creole or french etc. You guys want, or support, a boycott because of someones sexuality. Sorry boys but thats hate. I was born and raised in Dade and have seen what that place has become, with advertising signs and municipalities making a requirement for jobs to be bilingual, but i wouldnt boycott them. You are boycotting because they market to gays and do sensitivity training, would you do the same if they marketed to women and held sexual harassment training, no. The AFA and organizations like them are as much the problem as not.You are taking food from the mouths of families by doing this and forcing more and more jobs out of the USA.

I was raised by a man who taught us to hate. He hated blacks, jews, cubans and everyone else who was not like him. I chose not to live like that because it is a terrible way to go through life, always angry. Let people live their lives without all this bull$hit and maybe we wouldnt be so divided as a country.

Im a redneck and i vote. Racist rednecks give us all a bad name. I love the USA and will fight and defend it any way possible.

Its all Clintons Fault!! WAHHHHHH!!<<<< Reps cry during the bush Admin, Suck it d-bags !!!!!HAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2006, 09:48:36 AM »

Disney does support Gay Days no matter what they say. In 2003 before the Gay Day events Disney sent an internal memo to all their supervisors and managers telling them that "Gay Days" was coming up and to schedule their "homosexual" staff on that week if possible. They wanted as few heterosexual staff members as possible. They also said in the memo to give "Special Treatment" to the homosexual visitors to make them feel more comfortable so they continue to return.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2006, 10:07:30 AM »

I work for service at a Ford dealership in Orlando and if a gay, bi, trans, whatever wants to support my family and my cause by spending $10,000+ by dropping a 7.3L complete engine assembly into a vehicle I don't give a 'f' what they do behind closed doors.  This is a dead subject and any company would be stupid if they didn't want to tap into this group of people willing to spend money.

GAY MONEY/ STRAIGHT MONEY-IT SPENDS THE SAME AND ALSO LOOKS THE SAME WHEN ADDED TO MY BANK ACCOUNT--------------

GET OVER IT

Cry
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2006, 10:08:13 AM »

I normally do not get involved in the religious  conversations that happen in this forum , I have my beliefs in God...They are Mine. BUT as an observer the mood does change in the threads when someone  posts something that may differ from the Moral majority. I am not calling anyone out , just making a statement.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2006, 10:11:34 AM »

............me and jenny was like peas and carrots.
                                                     FORREST GUMP Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com