Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala Thunderbowl Quad Flattrack Sat June 24  (Read 82051 times)
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2006, 07:28:37 AM »

I brought my Son to the Race lastnight and he really enjoyed it!!  I got a chance to meet the folks from ECP great folks!  My Son also got to meet Justin who was racing an Eton 70 I think...  He really wants to try the Mini racing, does anyone know if a mini 90 4 stroke would be legal???  (I'm not much on 2 strokes...)

Oh and my 7 year old was officially thrown out of his first bar!!!!  (missunderstanding on everyones parts.)  :-)

Hibrass
  A 90 4 stroke is fine. The white Suzuki in the Mini class I was told is a 90 2 stroke.

Nope its a LT80 bored once over but other than that its a stock eng. with the proper tuneing not bad for second time on the track. My daughter was on the red xtreme  w/flames on the fenders that is a 90cc stock eng. also. both of them just turned 7. I personaly thought all the kids did awsome win, lose or draw aslong as they are having fun thats all that matters.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2006, 07:42:22 AM »

you couldnt have said it any better!!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2006, 08:10:23 AM »

Hey hillbrass,

I think that was your kids giving my boy a little extra room.
Let them know i said "thank you"
Justin doesnt get to ride that much so im a little worred when hes out there. Everyone gave him room and was appreciated.
Last saturday was the fastest he has ever riden out there... hes getting better though.
Justin did a great job. What matters is did he have fun.

Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2006, 08:18:49 AM »

To change the subject, We had an awsome time with the minis racing. We met some great new faces allong with the great ATV FLA. crew. Everyone shown great sportsmanship (I thought?) we had two new friends race in the beginers class that are now hooked on flat track racing even though one of them took a bad spill in turn 2.They commented on how great all the people were at this event. Which means alot to me because I tell them how awsome the people are on this site. Lets keep the sportsmanship that way and have fun, safe racing.

Hey worm,  was good to meet you guys. The minis were alot of fun. Yall brought out some quik lil machines. Tell your buddy not to feel bad about the spill. As you and everybody else saw i took a couple spills myself. He slid around just as i was roundin the turn, just on his outside. I didnt realize he went over until i got about half way down the back stretch, and looked back. Somebody said he got hit after he rolled.
Superstar, awsome meeting you and your son, we had fun talking with you and your dad. Glad your son came and raced he is an great boy with alot of drive.
   My bud is ok but his bike took a beating, in the accedent his bike got hit by another YFZ but he just supermaned into that nice soft clay lol. He complains about his wrist but says he is ok. I hope the other guy was ok.

2013 polaris ranger camo
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: June 12, 2006, 08:21:04 AM »

Hey hillbrass,

Justin doesnt get to ride that much so im a little worred when hes out there. Everyone gave him room and was appreciated.
Last saturday was the fastest he has ever riden out there... hes getting better though.
Justin did a great job. What matters is did he have fun.

He did have fun, his little 180 spin scared the crap out of him!

derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: June 12, 2006, 08:38:15 AM »

all I saw was a great race, with 2 really good riders fighting for a position.  I think the problem lies in the fact that all the guys who do this every weekend just can't stand the fact that a motocrosser came in and handed you your butts on knobbies.   How cool was that.

Well now lets take a good look at that comment shall we? I think I came from dead last and handed it to him on his knobbies with my flatrack tires and I did it without rubbing anyone... Grin

I'm with all of you who want to move on and just race. As far as the "click" comments...huh?Huh I spend alot of my night at the track just walking around talking to riders I have never met. There wouldn't be "clicks" if everybody broke away from the huddle they stay in and walked around. I met someone in the RTR camp (black 250R) who was nice as hell and if everyone mixes it up this little flattrack deal will stay cool and not so cut throat like most other racing...it may sound corny but so what.

Derek and Scott: Thanks for getting me out of the fuel issue with your "ghettofix" and everything else. It's been 3 or 4 months since I've seen a checkered. Feels good for a change! 

tell'em dave!! Wink i seen a blue banshee pass everybody down the straight!! ...... any ??'s
no problem dave, we helped a man in need!!   and you won without touching anyone despite that fool (i'm not going to say any names yet) that cut down on you in turn one. you stuck it to him and thats the way it should be!!
o.k mabey i will say a name j.t.!  come to think of it there whole crew was riding really agressiveand over there head! need to slow yall's role a little! if your bike does not handle well then dont just go out there and ride bonzi !!! thats how people get hurt and get into arguments!!!  Wink but i guess most people have to learn the hard way!! !!

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: June 12, 2006, 08:49:20 AM »

JT was there!  i didnt even see him....I would have like to talked to him, its been a while since ive seen him, What was he riding?

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: June 12, 2006, 08:51:08 AM »

all I saw was a great race, with 2 really good riders fighting for a position.  I think the problem lies in the fact that all the guys who do this every weekend just can't stand the fact that a motocrosser came in and handed you your butts on knobbies.   How cool was that.

Well now lets take a good look at that comment shall we? I think I came from dead last and handed it to him on his knobbies with my flatrack tires and I did it without rubbing anyone... Grin

I'm with all of you who want to move on and just race. As far as the "click" comments...huh?Huh I spend alot of my night at the track just walking around talking to riders I have never met. There wouldn't be "clicks" if everybody broke away from the huddle they stay in and walked around. I met someone in the RTR camp (black 250R) who was nice as hell and if everyone mixes it up this little flattrack deal will stay cool and not so cut throat like most other racing...it may sound corny but so what.

Derek and Scott: Thanks for getting me out of the fuel issue with your "ghettofix" and everything else. It's been 3 or 4 months since I've seen a checkered. Feels good for a change! 

Yeah never mind the guy who builds your motors.... Yomama

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: June 12, 2006, 09:34:45 AM »

tell'em dave!! Wink i seen a blue banshee pass everybody down the straight!! ...... any ??'s
no problem dave, we helped a man in need!!   and you won without touching anyone despite that fool (i'm not going to say any names yet) that cut down on you in turn one. you stuck it to him and thats the way it should be!!
o.k mabey i will say a name j.t.!  come to think of it there whole crew was riding really agressiveand over there head! need to slow yall's role a little! if your bike does not handle well then dont just go out there and ride bonzi !!! thats how people get hurt and get into arguments!!!  Wink but i guess most people have to learn the hard way!! !!
[/quote]
I dont know who the rider was but if you look in the picture I posted the bike is a red 450 #9. I'm not sure if he was intentionally blocking or just pressured but eventually he left a hole...it's all good no foul here. Grin
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 09:39:28 AM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: June 12, 2006, 09:41:15 AM »

Its amazing how a little poke can get everybody so wound up, especially from people didn't even race the race in question.  WHATEVER!!! Roll Eyes  If you can't stand some s!#t talking you are in the wrong sport.

Oh and by the way Chris I was the one, along with Mike,who help you gather your senses at sand mountain when your spindle sent you airborn.  

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2006, 09:53:41 AM »

Hey worm,  was good to meet you guys. The minis were alot of fun. Yall brought out some quik lil machines. Tell your buddy not to feel bad about the spill. As you and everybody else saw i took a couple spills myself. He slid around just as i was roundin the turn, just on his outside. I didnt realize he went over until i got about half way down the back stretch, and looked back. Somebody said he got hit after he rolled.
[/quote]
  SuperStar,
 You must have nine lives out there!! Smiley

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2006, 10:00:35 AM »

no problem dave, we helped a man in need!!   and you won without touching anyone despite that fool (i'm not going to say any names yet) that cut down on you in turn one. you stuck it to him and thats the way it should be!!
I dont know who the rider was but if you look in the picture I posted the bike is a red 450 #9. I'm not sure if he was intentionally blocking or just pressured but eventually he left a hole...it's all good no foul here. Grin
[/quote]

naw its cool i'm just talkin smack!! if it was not jt, sorry man..... i was told thats who it was...
i agree with blind if you cant take the heat get away from the fire foo!! !! Shocked
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 10:04:24 AM by derek330 » Logged

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
Hibrass

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2006, 10:03:55 AM »

Hey hillbrass,

Wareracing07,

My boy was just watching...  :-)  He spoke to yours prior to the first heat.  He really wants to try it himself so it looks like Dad will be changing out his Z50 for an Eton.  I was going to talk to you about your experiance with the Etons but you were pretty busy getting everyone ready so I decided to spare you the newbie questions...  LOL

Hibrass

"If you don't know the Dog, don't yank his chain!"
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2006, 10:07:33 AM »

Hey hillbrass,

Wareracing07,

My boy was just watching...  :-)  He spoke to yours prior to the first heat.  He really wants to try it himself so it looks like Dad will be changing out his Z50 for an Eton.  I was going to talk to you about your experiance with the Etons but you were pretty busy getting everyone ready so I decided to spare you the newbie questions...  LOL

Hibrass

Well not to pat myself on the back.... but i did tylers and justins "magic" on thier motors...   Ok so maybe i did pat it... Wink   next time lets all park together so all the kids can hang out.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 10:10:25 AM by WareRacing07 » Logged

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: June 12, 2006, 10:08:54 AM »

Its amazing how a little poke can get everybody so wound up, especially from people didn't even race the race in question.  WHATEVER!!! Roll Eyes  If you can't stand some s!#t talking you are in the wrong sport.

Oh and by the way Chris I was the one, along with Mike,who help you gather your senses at sand mountain when your spindle sent you airborn.  

Oh than i owe you a big fat thank you too! i cant remember to much about that day.. All i saw was sand, air,sand,air,sand, air, then black.....    Help!

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: June 12, 2006, 10:38:37 AM »

I  guess  Im  gonna  have  to  get  Derek  and  Scott  to  help  me  dial  in  my  zilla  after  what  I  saw  The  Head  of  my  Dave  do.  Man  was  skinnin  it !  Get  it  Rags ! Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: June 12, 2006, 11:17:51 AM »

the track was the same old ocala i know!! not that great!! dusty as hell.. now they are changing the starts and where we start. i dont like it. it was perfect the way it was!! dave pulled one off last night squeaking out tim. And remember he did it my style. went from last to first!! !! Shocked  thats how its done dave!!  Wink
the rtr crew didnt do as good as they expected!!  i think they got 5th and last. hey rtr you were right! your 450R is faster than your 400R!! Undecided  i told you they were pretty damn fast. so next time you will have a little more respect for the racers! enough said......  you guys got a ways to go to catch the front runners....
congtats on the win dave! i told you man all it needed was a little tuning and tlc!
now to get to the 2 vs. 4 stroke battle!  THE 2-STROKES ARE BACK BABY!! !! !! Grin
SOON YOU WILL SEE 2-STROKES WINNING BOTH TOP CLASSES!!  we even got doug on a 2-stroke !!
doug man i am telling you if you can get that lt250 running good you will be way faster than you are on the 450R!! and you know this man!! !! !! Roll Eyes  once the 2-stroke guys get there bikes running good the 4 bangers are gonna be in BIG trouble!!  mark my words!! !! Cool

and yes dave you were haul'in when you passed that 4-poke!!  Shocked

First of all, let me say that I never expected to do really well!!  You need to go back and check my posts.  Once again, I was trying to be very humble.  The 400 had clutch issues!  And as far as respect for other racers and their abilities, you need to go back and check the posts i made!  I gave praise to Tim and others all night!  But, before you go and make me look like a chump and say I have a ways to go to catch the front runners, I thought I did fairly well on my first time there!  What else do I have to say to try to come off humble!  I knew I wasnt going to go blow anyone away.  Long travel suspension, not geared properly, never rode the track, etc;
Give me a couple more races, and dont chump me like I deserve it, cause I dont!  Come run with us on the tracks we usually ride and I can promise you that you yourself would not fair near as well as I did my first time at your track!!!

Now, as far as next time!  I need some of those front tires that you guys were running!  My front tires kept pushing me out of the bottom groove that I was trying to hold! Cry  By the time I would get straight, people were making time on me on the bottom while I was pushing towards the wall coming out of the corners!  Any suggestions on what size and brand would be helpful!!  Being that we NEVER RACE FLATTRACK, I could use some help! Undecided

Chris- You rode your tail off coming from the rear to get up front!  Good job brother! Wink

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: June 12, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »

"David might not want to make his style of racing a habit. From what the flager said, he will be told not to come back if he does something like that again...
I dont think ATP would want that either... "

Does something like what?  all I saw was a great race, with 2 really good riders fighting for a position.  I think the problem lies in the fact that all the guys who do this every weekend just can't stand the fact that a motocrosser came in and handed you your butts on knobbies.   How cool was that.

Hopefully Im not stepping on toes!  But, this was Davids first flattrack race ever I believe!  I know where he is coming from in his style of racing!  I never run flattrack as well so I can understand that it was a huge adjustment!  He would come in extremly hot into the corner and sometimes get a little crazy going through it!  But that is just the learning curve that he had!  When I missed a gear on the back stretch and he passed me, I came into him pretty hard as well!  He was just being aggressive and was trying hard to win but not hurt anybody!  He said several times before the race that if he couldnt compete with you guys that he would love to follow you guys around and learn.  It just so happens that the guy is a bad azz rider!  I think that he and I both learned alot that race! Huh  He is a stand up guy and very humble rider!  for what its worth!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: June 12, 2006, 11:41:34 AM »

[/quote]
Thank you very much! No, I was not intentionally blocking, just racing! I didnt see anyone there until he got beside me!  Then it was too late, he passed me like a bag of hammers!

Derek,  I dont know your problem with me but you dont know me!  I am not a FOOL by any stretch of the imagination! I dont ride over my head! And I dont remember mixing it up with anyone where I would need to apologize!!! Not trying to take anything away from the track or the riders that go there, but, I tried hard to compete and do it ethically!  Dont question my integrity or intentions!  Im friends with ALOT  of people in here and am trying to keep it that way!  Those that know me, know that I will and do whatever it takes to help others and have a good time!  Tim Sisson was helping me out with several pointers and advice all night.  I was doing my best!  I will get better!  Sorry it wasnt good enough for you! Evil

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: June 12, 2006, 11:49:16 AM »

JT,

what were you riding? i guess Im blind.. i didnt see you...

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: June 12, 2006, 11:56:00 AM »

JT,

Are you out your mind! Cheesy  I was asking you why you were not lined up with us in the expert class when we were at staging!!!  You probably didnt recognize me on a 4-stroke! Cheesy  Great race brother!  I learned alot watching you guys!  Ill get better and faster!  I was on the red #9 450r!  I was the "fool that rides over his head"! Wink  Anyway, good seeing you!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: June 12, 2006, 12:00:57 PM »

dont try to turn this on me fella!! !! i remember you saying when i posted that video of the 13th that quote " i will be faster than those guys you raced on the 13th" and if i'm not mistaken you got wooped! you are trying to play both sides of the fence! talk crap but then try to say you wernt!! it doesnt work that way you can be one or the other, not both!! Shocked you are taking me the wrong way! take your frineds advise dont get upset on the crap talkin!! i was not calling you a fool it was a foo which was supposed to be funny! sorry if you cant take it i wont say anything else becasue it sounds like i hit a nerve!!
i am just picking about your 400 man dont take it personally!!!!!! if you think i can not fair racing with you, well you just need to ask around bubba!! !! !! besides i tuned the banshee that passed everyone!!
went from last to first but i will say you gave him the most trouble!!  it looked like ya'll were riding twice as hard as anyone else and you didnt look like you had full control! how could you when you just pitch it sideays and slide through the corner!! ??  when you do that you slide to the top coming out!!
being a safe rider is holding your line not going bonzi !! !! !!

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2006, 12:02:34 PM »

JT,

Are you out your mind! Cheesy  I was asking you why you were not lined up with us in the expert class when we were at staging!!!  You probably didnt recognize me on a 4-stroke! Cheesy  Great race brother!  I learned alot watching you guys!  Ill get better and faster!  I was on the red #9 450r!  I was the "fool that rides over his head"! Wink  Anyway, good seeing you!

hey you said it yourself!! !! next time i will make a video that way there will be no question!!

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2006, 12:31:15 PM »

JT,

i gotta quit smokin that crack!  what were you doing on a 4 stroke? Went over to the other side huh?  No. No. TISK...TISK

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2006, 12:32:14 PM »

Not once did I say that "Ill be faster than those guys"  Go back read all the posts!  They were as light humored, mildly trash talked, and as humble as could be!  Sorry that not everyone can ride as well as you obviously can.  Not being 2 faced or playing both sides of the fence.  All this attack coming from someone who made no attempt to even come talk to us or get to know us at all!  But do me a favor, next time we are out there- Dont!  Have no need for it or desire to! Get whatever video you want,  all you will see is a rider that raced there for the first time trying to race his best race and learning his way around the track, while getting beat by better riders who made it a point to come talk to us and thank us for coming!  Dont need your pointers or care to hear them!  

As for the rest of you guys! thanx for showing me the way around the track!
Hillkiller- Awesome, awesome race brother!  Sorry if I was blocking you, but I was trying to find my line and didnt know you were there until you pulled by me.
Probably wont show up again if I need to deal with this much grief just to race!  Not fun when your being hammered by strangers! Sad

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com