Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala Thunderbowl Quad Flattrack Sat June 24  (Read 82010 times)
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 11, 2006, 12:54:37 PM »

6/24 earlier start time? Possibly 6pm. Keep checking this thread, I will post as soon as I know. Rumor is Tim Farr will be racing the Open class 6/24.
Last night obviously was a big turnout, 36 entries:
5 in the Minis
14 in the Beginner
10 in the Intermediate/Junior
7 in the Open/Pro
 Alot of new faces, glad the RTR crew made it out.
   There's a new flagman and some new rules. EXCEPT for the second heats which were extremly dry, the track seemed pretty good, I thought it was awesome in the Main. Post your comments. For those of you still on knobbies, nows the time. If you don't want to buy tires new, flattrack tires are on ebay often or www.ronniesmailorder.com

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Yamaha-Banshee-hoosier-flat-track-tires-drag-raptor-450_W0QQitemZ4647152916QQcategoryZ43983QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Knobbies will make you hate flattrack racing and you'll never get faster unless you run with faster guys...just my opinion.
  Valdosta July 15: I talked to alot of you who said you'll be there. The track is 20 miles over the Ga/Fl line and 2 miles off 75. There is a campground and hotels 1 exit south of the track. The track is fast and smooth but remember no knobbies front or rear. Part of the reason the track goes away at Ocala is the knobbies cut all the goody off the top. The track owner said he would run all the quad classes first so if anyone is driving back home that night you'll have a good start. Spectators pay $7, racers $20. Depending on the turnout, the track may payout cash to the winners.   
   Here's a shot from Ocala 2nd heat Open class...

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 11:07:23 PM by HillKiller » Logged

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2006, 01:03:13 PM »

Other than some of the rough driving that was going on... I only have 2 complaints..

1, The track was way to dry!
2nd, TAKE A HOT LAP AFTER THE CHECKERD FLAG!! out of the whole intermediate class only myself and 1 other took the lap. I just about nailed a guy because  as i was turning left into turn one and he decided to cut right to get off the track..
It seems no one pays attention to the drivers meetings.

Also, Did I get first in the A main? someone told me because of the "bump and run" he was black flagged and thats why the flag main pointed the checkard flag at me after the race..

can someone find out?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:06:42 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
mudmonkey
Supreme Member

can you keep up??

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2006, 01:15:40 PM »

my sister and jason were both in the mini runs. jason came in 2nd in all three heats and my sister came in 3rd in all three heats. its a shame that the trophies hadnt come in yet. they were looking forward to getting them. i really only have 1 complaint:
when we were registering, the lady said that the practice runs had been at 5 pm and that they werent doing them before the races (because they changed it or something).....but nobody from there told us that, so by the time we got there, they had already done the practices....the problem is that we had friends along that were racing and had never been on the track before, so it was harder for them.

myspace.com/atvracer9210

MY 2010 SPONSORS
East Coast Performance
Modded Motorsports
Presision services of Jax.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 11, 2006, 01:24:52 PM »

I agree on the communication issues... alot of the time my brother gets a call from the track wanting to make some sort of a change...there is no way he can call the 30+ people and spread the news on RACE DAY. if they are going to make changes they need to post it on thier web site days in advance. For some reason it gets dropped on him..

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 11, 2006, 01:27:19 PM »

my sister and jason were both in the mini runs. jason came in 2nd in all three heats and my sister came in 3rd in all three heats. its a shame that the trophies hadnt come in yet. they were looking forward to getting them. i really only have 1 complaint:
when we were registering, the lady said that the practice runs had been at 5 pm and that they werent doing them before the races (because they changed it or something).....but nobody from there told us that, so by the time we got there, they had already done the practices....the problem is that we had friends along that were racing and had never been on the track before, so it was harder for them.
 You are definately right about the practices. I just happened to get there very early to hear of the earlier practice times so since you brought that up, all practice starts at 5 and I am told ends about 6:15 and then track prep and the drivers meeting and green flag at 7pm. We didn't get our trophies either, first time thats happened so my mini rider was disappointed. The minis put on a great show, I heard alot of crowd response. Hope you can bring them next time.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 01:29:15 PM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2006, 01:52:53 PM »

Hey Dave,

Congratulations on your win last night. As far as the 24th race, I sure hope I can get it together I would love to race Tim Farr.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
Hibrass

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 11, 2006, 04:51:02 PM »

I brought my Son to the Race lastnight and he really enjoyed it!!  I got a chance to meet the folks from ECP great folks!  My Son also got to meet Justin who was racing an Eton 70 I think...  He really wants to try the Mini racing, does anyone know if a mini 90 4 stroke would be legal???  (I'm not much on 2 strokes...)

Oh and my 7 year old was officially thrown out of his first bar!!!!  (missunderstanding on everyones parts.)  :-)

Hibrass

"If you don't know the Dog, don't yank his chain!"
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 11, 2006, 05:50:49 PM »

the track was the same old ocala i know!! not that great!! dusty as hell.. now they are changing the starts and where we start. i dont like it. it was perfect the way it was!! dave pulled one off last night squeaking out tim. And remember he did it my style. went from last to first!! !! Shocked  thats how its done dave!!  Wink
the rtr crew didnt do as good as they expected!!  i think they got 5th and last. hey rtr you were right! your 450R is faster than your 400R!! Undecided  i told you they were pretty damn fast. so next time you will have a little more respect for the racers! enough said......  you guys got a ways to go to catch the front runners....
congtats on the win dave! i told you man all it needed was a little tuning and tlc!
now to get to the 2 vs. 4 stroke battle!  THE 2-STROKES ARE BACK BABY!! !! !! Grin
SOON YOU WILL SEE 2-STROKES WINNING BOTH TOP CLASSES!!  we even got doug on a 2-stroke !!
doug man i am telling you if you can get that lt250 running good you will be way faster than you are on the 450R!! and you know this man!! !! !! Roll Eyes  once the 2-stroke guys get there bikes running good the 4 bangers are gonna be in BIG trouble!!  mark my words!! !! Cool

and yes dave you were haul'in when you passed that 4-poke!!  Shocked
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 05:53:47 PM by derek330 » Logged

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 11, 2006, 06:09:55 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,15072.0.html

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2006, 07:22:10 PM »

Scooter,

I hear what your saying but only 2 people from my "click" (which i thought you were a part of) said something. the other 10 people were from other groups and several of them i dont even know. It seems 90% of the spectators (not racers) thought it was wrong.

Bumping i can understand, but intentionally raming someone isnt racing thats poor sportsmanship. I can speak first hand for Steven if he got into you im sure it was an accident hes NOT a dirty racer, but from your own mouth your buddy is a dirty racer.
I know your coming to your friends defence but even last night you told me you thought it was a cheep shot.. I raced him clean the whole time, and i could have "moved" him but im a better racer than that.

Why do you think the flag man was looking for him after the race?
Like i told you at the track, im not that concered with it but i would like to know the outcome.  i wasnt making an issue out of it in my first post but the "If you wanna race and not get bumped Guess You need to Race Playstation!" comment was a little uncalled for.
your a better racer and a better person than that Scooter..
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 07:30:47 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2006, 07:34:13 PM »

I brought my Son to the Race lastnight and he really enjoyed it!!  I got a chance to meet the folks from ECP great folks!  My Son also got to meet Justin who was racing an Eton 70 I think...  He really wants to try the Mini racing, does anyone know if a mini 90 4 stroke would be legal???  (I'm not much on 2 strokes...)

Oh and my 7 year old was officially thrown out of his first bar!!!!  (missunderstanding on everyones parts.)  :-)

Hibrass

Yep! that was Justin, Tyler races and Eton 70 as well. Justin has his name on his bike...
Justin can make it to all the races but hes there for a few. Tyler is there for all and is always willing to race.

z400chic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

Doug was one of the ones that commented about the guy slamming into Chris and i agree. Its not a "CLICK" thing its about the safety of everyone on the track! Lets see i recall GASGAS had a crash out on the track by himself, umm Gary had a spil by himself at Sandmountain. They were both bad recks now lets take 2 bike going 55-65 mph crash umm i dont believe that would be good someone is bound to get hurt or even killed. This isnt some motocross track you ride in 2nd or 3rd gear bubba this is a flat track going 55-65 wide open where guys only let out in the corners and some stay wide open the whole time. I can see if you bump into someone yes that happens but dont ram into someone on the track on purpose it just uncalled for and its DIRTY racing. So cut the "click" crap and think about safety we all have to go to work on Monday morning and there is no reason for anyone to race that way. just my opinion think what you want but Chris I got your side on this one. Megan
LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2006, 08:17:35 PM »

Well No one was hurt and when i talked to My Friend he said he let off to try and avoid it but it happened anyways,And then your B/f Wants to come get loud with me about it? Dont come disrespecting me for something i have no control over,Next time instead of running that Rattle Trap how about comming to the person that You have the problem with instead of sittin around talk sh!t behind their Back

Be a man!

Scooter

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2006, 08:35:21 PM »

Chris,
  Let me get this cleared up right away.

The rider your referring to is one of my riders, David Bohnstadt. I can assure you or anyone else that the accident you are speaking of was just that, an accident. ATP does not employ dirty riders to represent our company and the last person on the planet that would ride that way is David. As the old saying goes, rubbing is racing, and that will happen from time to time.

This was the first time we have been up to the track, and we had a great time. We plan on being back some time in the future. Maybe we will get a bike actually set up to run the pro class instead of the worn out mx practice bike, lol, that was some great racing.

Hope this will clear things up,
Mike
ATP Racing

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
z400chic

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2006, 09:13:26 PM »

Scooter all Doug asked you was if that was one of your buddies.

Derek & Scott- hey guys good to see yall. Doug has the bike all the torn down to the frame getting it ready to send off to powdercoating. We will see hopefully he can get everything for it and have it ready for the july race.
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2006, 09:29:50 PM »

Chris,
  Let me get this cleared up right away.

The rider your referring to is one of my riders, David Bohnstadt. I can assure you or anyone else that the accident you are speaking of was just that, an accident. ATP does not employ dirty riders to represent our company and the last person on the planet that would ride that way is David. As the old saying goes, rubbing is racing, and that will happen from time to time.

This was the first time we have been up to the track, and we had a great time. We plan on being back some time in the future. Maybe we will get a bike actually set up to run the pro class instead of the worn out mx practice bike, lol, that was some great racing.

Hope this will clear things up,
Mike
ATP Racing

Mike,

No offence. but YOU are the ONLY one who sees it that way.
The tower, flag man, other racers and the spectators saw it different...
Maybe you guys just dont know Flat Track etiquette its not like MX by any means.
I "heard" he was talked to about "rubbing" in the open class as well. I dunno, wasnt there just what i heard.

and I will say again, I wasnt making an issue out of this i just wanted to know if I got 1st or 2nd. You guys are making more of an issue out of it than me.. Yall are going ape sh1T over it...Its Ok im not upset by any means. I will say this, David might not want to make his style of racing a habit. From what the flager said, he will be told not to come back if he does something like that again...
I dont think ATP would want that either...

Also, if it was truly an "accident" he should have come up to me after the race, I know i would have...character says alot...
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 09:41:30 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2006, 09:55:28 PM »

"David might not want to make his style of racing a habit. From what the flager said, he will be told not to come back if he does something like that again...
I dont think ATP would want that either... "

Does something like what?  all I saw was a great race, with 2 really good riders fighting for a position.  I think the problem lies in the fact that all the guys who do this every weekend just can't stand the fact that a motocrosser came in and handed you your butts on knobbies.   How cool was that.
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2006, 10:58:11 PM »

To change the subject, We had an awsome time with the minis racing. We met some great new faces allong with the great ATV FLA. crew. Everyone shown great sportsmanship (I thought?) we had two new friends race in the beginers class that are now hooked on flat track racing even though one of them took a bad spill in turn 2.They commented on how great all the people were at this event. Which means alot to me because I tell them how awsome the people are on this site. Lets keep the sportsmanship that way and have fun, safe racing.

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2006, 11:13:08 PM »

Nightbreed, RTR380, and all the ATP gang,

Sorry I didn't get a chance to meet you. I hope you guys will come down again when I have my 250R back together. I would have liked to raced RTR380 and the other guys on your team in the Open Pro class. Sorry that Chris and your rider tangled in Intermediate class, but everything turned out O.K. and I hope everyone can remember that there aren't that many of us ATV lovers out there and let things go. Sometimes things happen when you are riding as hard as you can on a dry, slick track.

Chris I see your point, and it did look intentional from my perspective, but let it go man, it could have been much worse. I hope there is no bad blood with your group and ours ( I say that and Derek and I have only just met everyone 3 months ago). I hope you guys keep coming to race. I want to race with a good turnout. I remember the days of MX in the early 90's when there would only be 5 or 6 quads show up at Reddick. It sucked.

I guess all I am trying to say is I hope this can be over and I hope this isn't the last time your guys will come to thunderbowl especially since Derek and I haven't gotten the chance to race any of you yet.  I want to race that 400 Polanda and your baddest 450R with my 330R and see how it turns out. I'm sure it will be a blast.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2006, 11:18:03 PM »

all I saw was a great race, with 2 really good riders fighting for a position.  I think the problem lies in the fact that all the guys who do this every weekend just can't stand the fact that a motocrosser came in and handed you your butts on knobbies.   How cool was that.

Well now lets take a good look at that comment shall we? I think I came from dead last and handed it to him on his knobbies with my flatrack tires and I did it without rubbing anyone... Grin

I'm with all of you who want to move on and just race. As far as the "click" comments...huh?Huh I spend alot of my night at the track just walking around talking to riders I have never met. There wouldn't be "clicks" if everybody broke away from the huddle they stay in and walked around. I met someone in the RTR camp (black 250R) who was nice as hell and if everyone mixes it up this little flattrack deal will stay cool and not so cut throat like most other racing...it may sound corny but so what.

Derek and Scott: Thanks for getting me out of the fuel issue with your "ghettofix" and everything else. It's been 3 or 4 months since I've seen a checkered. Feels good for a change! 
« Last Edit: June 11, 2006, 11:37:28 PM by HillKiller » Logged

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
superstar
Supreme Member

YALLMINEHAULS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: June 11, 2006, 11:35:22 PM »

To change the subject, We had an awsome time with the minis racing. We met some great new faces allong with the great ATV FLA. crew. Everyone shown great sportsmanship (I thought?) we had two new friends race in the beginers class that are now hooked on flat track racing even though one of them took a bad spill in turn 2.They commented on how great all the people were at this event. Which means alot to me because I tell them how awsome the people are on this site. Lets keep the sportsmanship that way and have fun, safe racing.

Hey worm,  was good to meet you guys. The minis were alot of fun. Yall brought out some quik lil machines. Tell your buddy not to feel bad about the spill. As you and everybody else saw i took a couple spills myself. He slid around just as i was roundin the turn, just on his outside. I didnt realize he went over until i got about half way down the back stretch, and looked back. Somebody said he got hit after he rolled.
HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2006, 11:44:53 PM »

Hibrass
  A 90 4 stroke is fine. The white Suzuki in the Mini class I was told is a 90 2 stroke.

WareRacing Engines

5 gal pails 110,112,116
Hibrass

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2006, 06:42:12 AM »

Thanks HillKiller,

That is just what I was hoping to hear..!

Hibrass

"If you don't know the Dog, don't yank his chain!"
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2006, 06:53:36 AM »

Blind,
   first off, i dont race every weekend maybe once a month IF that. Second, we dont care who comes out as long as they come.  Third, no one handed anything to anyone...last that was the first time my bike has been on a track anytime, anywhere...   your post is nothing more than trying to start trouble between the groups... thats not cool... everyone has been friends with everyone and it need to stay that way! as a matter of fact if he would have taken his hot lap like he should have I was going to stop on the back strech and shake his hand. Thats what we do. Thats how we are...

Now,  Mike Walker knows Im his friend, i dont think he doubts that. as a matter of fact Mikes son played in the motor home with my son and my brothers boy. So there is no MX/Flat Track rivals here.
 after my spill at Sand Mountain, he gained HUGE respect from me because he was the first one there as i "woke up" making sure i wasnt dead...  Dead

Scott and everyone,

As i have said over and over and over... I dont have a problem i just wanted to know the outcome. I even told Scooter, Doug, my Dad, and Dave and all the others who came up to me at the track I wasnt worred about it.

Im NOT i repeat NOT making an issue out of anything. i wanted to know the OUTCOME. Everyone else is heating this up NOT ME! Can i make this any clearer to anyone? Everyone please read ALL the post before you post...  everyone else keeps fanning the flames and I get the finger pointed at me? Im not tring to be an Azz here, i just feel like i have repeated myself enough times..
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 08:23:07 AM by WareRacing07 » Logged

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2006, 07:04:34 AM »

Hey hillbrass,

I think that was your kids giving my boy a little extra room.
Let them know i said "thank you"
Justin doesnt get to ride that much so im a little worred when hes out there. Everyone gave him room and was appreciated.
Last saturday was the fastest he has ever riden out there... hes getting better though.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com