Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Croom- Where to ride w/ 1 ATV & 2 people??  (Read 2657 times)
giles45shop

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 07, 2006, 07:10:23 AM »

First Time Poster Here -
I am planning on going to Croom for the first time in ~ 17 years.  I have an 87 Warrior and will be taking my 13 YO daughter.  Since we only have 1 ATV, and we can't ride double, I need to ride in an area where we can park and I can watch her at all times.  As I recall, there are some bowl-like areas that would be good for this, but it may have changed since I was there last.  Any suggestions on areas to go or other tips about Croom would be appreciated.  I will have all the paperwork necessary to get a new sticker to replace the 1989 one that's on the quad now  Grin

Thanks,

John
Bigboybruin

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2006, 08:50:11 AM »

There's an area in the back section of Croom designated for kids to ride, fenced off area. Not sure what the age limit for riding in there is but I think it's about 12-13 yrs of age. Not usually anyone riding there for very long periods of time. Have Fun!
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2006, 09:10:45 AM »

If you take the main road all the way to the back, there is an area fenced off that she can ride in.  It will be on the left side on the way in it's right before the picnic shelter on your left.  The area is nice and shaded so that's a good area to park and ride.  Good luck
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2006, 11:17:44 AM »

After you enter the place, take the first left at the parking area there. It's a big sandy bowl like area, even has water in the center in the wet season. Play there, then load up and move to the back areas spoke of above for some shade.
The kids area is mainly set up for the little ones, at 13 I don't think she'll like it very long.

You will most likely see others riding double, at least until they're caught. The Rangers don't like to see it, and really hate it when they find someone riding double after being warned. You might get a free ticket to leave.

It's a mad house there, so tell her to keep her eyes open and be careful.

It's a good place to ride, but even 2600 acres gets small with 50 quads or so.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
giles45shop

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2006, 12:06:49 PM »

Thanks for all the input!  Sounds like I'll try that first area to the left, I think that's the area I remember from long ago.  I'll check out the kids area as well, but I'm guessing she'll get bored as mentioned and she's riding a non-typical ATV for kids.  She rides almost every day on our 4 acres and is a decent rider.  I'm going during the week so hopefully there won't be much of a crowd.
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2006, 03:31:58 PM »

This area that everyone is speaking of that is fenced off. Are you all taking about the big circle area that says kids day use or is this another area. My 6yr old gets bored after about 10 mins in that area. 

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com