Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I heard the Prairie in Okechobee is ILLEGAL now!  (Read 5801 times)
Raptor660R

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 05, 2006, 09:32:08 AM »

I heard a girl rolled over her buggy or something out there and died so now even to land owners there is no riding allowed! Is this true. My friends cousin has land out there and he got a notice in the mail stating that there is no riding out there anymore. Is this true to land owners and did this really happen?

02' Raptor 660R
CT Racing Full Exhaust System & Jet Kit
UNI Air Filter
Maxxis Razr 2's
bud2928

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2006, 05:15:02 PM »

I checked my mial this morning, as of yet I have not been notified of this. Will let you know if they do. I know there have been officers around.
Bud
swamp doctor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2006, 02:49:30 PM »

i know they put up sings everwhere out there i know someone who works for ocso they said no riding then they said a long as you are not tearing up the roads they mean all the road not only peavine or five mile but all of them my brother has land out there and we are thinking of buying up at rr
punkiepie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2006, 11:34:04 PM »

It's now late July - any further word on being able to ride?
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 10:45:09 PM »

I just thought I'd throw down what I've heard.

I heard a girl did get hurt and was suing the water management district (I haven't heard about anyone dying though) and since then the water management district has outlawed riding on their parcels.

Not long ago I came across a Sheriff officer and all he said is that my daughter (a minor) needed a helmet to ride out there. He didn't care if my wife or I had one. He was cool about us riding though. I've always heard "no riding on the paved roads" for the prairies. I don't anyway...tires cost too much.

We ride utility atv's so we don't run fast anyway or hot dog around on them. We save that for the back woods.
561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2006, 03:55:33 PM »

this why riding areas are so hard for us to get. people being idiots ride and get hurt and find the person with money to sue. YOU RIDE GET HURT SSUUCCKK IITT UUPP. it only hurts until the pain goes away..

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2006, 04:17:12 PM »

OK People The "Prairie" Viking Estates HAS BEEN CLOSED/SHUT DOWN SINCE 01/11/05
You may ride on "YOUR" Property only .....just like anywhere else in this state  Sad

If you get caught ...I'm sorry but don't come here and B1tch about it ...You have been warned....again...again and again Huh

Newbie's don't believe me? do a search. or ask the sheriff on the way in...BTW Yes they monitor this website.  It was spoke about at the last Homeowners Meeting.

Can you here me NOW?  Angry

561rincon

dont get stuck. get buried!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2006, 05:11:40 PM »

why is it so hard for everyone to go to LEGAL places. this girl who got hurt is prime example. some places may be a little drive but thats part of owning one. I for one have alot invested in my bike so i dont go unless i know i can ride.

05 rincon 28'' mud bugs type 7 black wheels,2'' lift,dyno jet kit, 2500lb warn , K&N, snorkel kit, TORC exhaust.

04' 24' keystone tailgator toyhauler
06' F-150 stx
76' F-250 2.5 ton running gear 16.9x24 tires 360c.i
Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2006, 05:29:48 PM »

why is it so hard for everyone to go to LEGAL places. this girl who got hurt is prime example. some places may be a little drive but thats part of owning one. I for one have alot invested in my bike so i dont go unless i know i can ride.

The obvious is because alot of these places that are now illegal used to be regular riding spots for years and some people just don't listen. They have it in their mind that this is thier riding spot and no one call tell them different...at least till they get arrested. Plus there are fewer and fewer places to ride and the places that are legal are a good trip away. I drive a good 5-6 hours round trip every few weekends to go riding. Between fuel for the truck, atv, generator, camping supplies for the weekend I spend a good $200-250 (minimum) just to go riding in a legal area. Most people are use to just putting a few gallons of gas in the ATV and riding out of their back yard but those days are over in South/Central Florida. For me I also have a lot invested in my ATVs and I'm not about to give them up to state for riding in the wrong area. Some people will never learn...right sbripple?

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »

there you go trying to put words in my mouth again .Wow I finally got my own stalker.bleeds blue you need to switch to decaf and get a life.You dont need to stalk me.I will be at underhills sunday on a red rincon.Say hi if you are still in a stalking mode.I cant wait.
jgdorado

Just give me some land to ride on.......

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 08:15:21 PM »

Hey Kawgirl...did you mean 1/11/05 or 1/11/06 ??
Just curious
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:24:35 PM »

1-11-2005

Bleedsblue

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 10:51:13 AM »

there you go trying to put words in my mouth again .Wow I finally got my own stalker.bleeds blue you need to switch to decaf and get a life.You dont need to stalk me.I will be at underhills sunday on a red rincon.Say hi if you are still in a stalking mode.I cant wait.

Don't flatter yourself there pal it's just funny watching you get worked up and bashing cops for your problems. I don't drink coffee. Oh and sorry I was out at my property legally riding all weekend no time for underhills.

2008 Ford F-250, 8" Fabtech Lift, 38" Kumho MTs
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, 27" Mudbugs
sbripple

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2006, 06:16:23 PM »

what problems are you referring to?  I dont think I have any.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com