Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Welcome back to Hurricane Heaven  (Read 4913 times)
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« on: June 01, 2006, 05:53:14 AM »

Well folks, it's that time of year again. This year I'd like to offer my assistance to anyone that is forced to evac out of the south end or west coast of the state. I'm in Brevard, which is very much on the coast and still a dangerous place to be but it is about halfway up the state and I'm close to I-95 in a house with underground wiring and only a few trees. Anyone forced to evac is welcome to stay till it's safe to return home.
Other than that, get you're supplies and keep your head down. Good luck this season everybody.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 06:17:02 AM by jwscroll » Logged

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2006, 07:30:14 AM »

I tell ya what, you won't meet a nicer bunch of folks here. Props to you jwscroll Clapper

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2006, 09:08:39 AM »

I have to agree, I've ridden with the family before and they would give you the shirt off their back. Props to ya JW.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2006, 09:29:54 AM »

I am in Tampa area and we never get hurricanes here so if anyone needs a place to evac to, I have plenty of space for haulers, etc...Remember, the government cannot help you for up to 3-4 days AFTER  the storm so you are on your own until then.  Believe it or not, it takes that long to mobilize supplies from out of the area and TRY to get it to a staging area to be distributed to individual staging areas for different parts of your town. Also, if there is a grocery store open within FIVE miles of where you live, FEMA will not be visiting you this year after a storm.  You are on your own!!

Sorry about the bad news but that is what they told us at the hurricane conference last month... Huh Cry
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2006, 09:47:15 AM »

That was an awesome gesture , it is nice to know there are people out there like JW and family. I really hope I do not have to evac.....I pray we come out of this season with some good rain...and no damage....we have had our share of damage. With any luck they will blow around in the Atlantic with no land fall.In the event we get bashed again count me in to help , I am always willing to help someone in need so you know where to find me.

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2006, 10:41:28 AM »

I will keep these options in mind for my family, the only downside is that I have to leave my wife and son behind because I would  have to fly one of the 2 helicopters out for evacuation and for insurance reason's, they can't be covered Undecided. The good thing is that the wife is able to drive the t/h about as good as I can and she'll have 3 days worth of generator fuel on board. Thanks again.

07 Eiger
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2006, 10:53:39 AM »

I will keep these options in mind for my family, the only downside is that I have to leave my wife and son behind because I would  have to fly one of the 2 helicopters out for evacuation and for insurance reason's, they can't be covered Undecided. The good thing is that the wife is able to drive the t/h about as good as I can and she'll have 3 days worth of generator fuel on board. Thanks again.

If you have to leave then you know I'm here for you, We're only 20 minutes apart so you let me know what she needs help with and I'll be there.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 10:55:34 AM »

I really appreciate that Mike, thanks. Toast

07 Eiger
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 01:00:39 PM »

I'm a little further inland and can offer up a bit of space as well,,,,,no garage, but I do have an entirely enclosed backyard so if you need to bring the toys you can.

and if for some ungodly reason the JWScroll family needs to evacuate,,,I'll bring some extra oil ;-)

inside joke.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2006, 01:58:02 PM »

REMEMBER to restock the liquer closet    Smiley Grin   O wait need to do that after every weekend   LOL

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2006, 02:08:33 PM »

oh great, hurricanes, well i'll be without power for two weeks minumum. Gotta stock up on gas, migth as well ride the z for those two weeks, cops have much bigger problems then to stop a 16 year old putt puttin down the street.

this is gonna suck, no power for two weeks, i cant take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cry Cry Cry
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2006, 02:33:01 PM »

im right by da-mtg-man and willing to help anybody i can. also have 4wd so i can go alittle farther then most. if anyone wants my cellie to contact me on pm me. im not to into puting it on a public page.  ill do what i can to help in a time of need.

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 05:18:28 PM »

I guess this hurricane season i might going lake city alot if
one comes my way.Don't pref go to storm sheters in live oak they don't have
a live weather system there it's nigthmare there with screaming mexcians kids there.lol

I'll be hitting deck at my dads ceo over in lake city the big bellsouth building,when one thoses
hurrcaines hit here from jax or near perry or coming into over by cedar key.
I have done it during second hurricaine hit over near gainesville area in 2004. Wink

I guess alot people are going do alot hitting down on decks and running away
from these hurricanes on highways.I don't even trust living in my parents mobile home during
big super cells thunder storms when they come about 20miles way on live dopper on net .
And i always run out of house to get ahead of storm when i go into lake city to ride out storm
and wait for hour and go home. Angry

I have my weather radio set for this year!!! Smiley

So good luck out there and pray hang on!!! Smiley

Oh you guys are right about fema thing they won't help you out for 3 or 4days
and i went threw samething with hurricane andrew down in homestead long time ago and it took week half
to get fema down there, and 3weeks with out power.I know what katrina victims went through last year
and i know it's going be long time the gulf coast will returned back to normal maybe in
3or 4years from now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2006, 05:59:53 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2006, 05:30:32 PM »

oh great, hurricanes, well i'll be without power for two weeks minumum. Gotta stock up on gas, migth as well ride the z for those two weeks, cops have much bigger problems then to stop a 16 year old putt puttin down the street.
this is gonna suck, no power for two weeks, i cant take it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Cry Cry Cry

Yeah, thats what I thought too, but I got pulled over after the last hurricane. I was moving branches out of the street but the way the cop acted you would have thought I killed someone.
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2006, 05:36:25 PM »

Yeah, thats what I thought too, but I got pulled over after the last hurricane. I was moving branches out of the street but the way the cop acted you would have thought I killed someone.
that sucks, sweet z rode all the way to the gas station, and the cops told him that was an awesomeidea.
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2006, 08:00:58 PM »

I am in Tampa area and we never get hurricanes here so if anyone needs a place to evac to, I have plenty of space for haulers, etc...Remember, the government cannot help you for up to 3-4 days AFTER  the storm so you are on your own until then.  Believe it or not, it takes that long to mobilize supplies from out of the area and TRY to get it to a staging area to be distributed to individual staging areas for different parts of your town. Also, if there is a grocery store open within FIVE miles of where you live, FEMA will not be visiting you this year after a storm.  You are on your own!!

Sorry about the bad news but that is what they told us at the hurricane conference last month... Huh Cry

Tampabay has been lucky for awhile...........but we were hit in the 60's.....................awesome offer sir.....................

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com