Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2007 Yamaha Banshee & Blaster  (Read 3976 times)
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 28, 2006, 07:41:00 PM »

Well I was at the store with my mom and spotted the last June edition of DirtWheels (www.dirtwheelsmag.com) and about 10 pages in I hit a page and says 2007 Blaster and Banshee.  This gets my attention.  I look at the pic they are guessing its going to look like i Guess ..... itsbased off a snowmobile  Shocked.  I will take a pic once the digital camera charges.  Heres the info that the article had, gotta type it all  Roll Eyes

2007 Yamaha Banshee and Blaster

This modified picture of Yamaha's new Fazer FX snowmobile may just resemble what the next generation Banshee will look like (Pic will be up later).  The Phazer is powered by a twin cylinder, 499cc, liquid cooled four stroke engine.  When we dissected the Phazer further, we noticed that the engine is actually two YZF250 dirt bike motors put together.  From there power is transferred via an automatic transmission.

The fuel injected power plant, surrounded by a YFZ chassis, mated to an automatic or manual shift five-speed transmission, would make a perfect combination for a new Banshee.  Split the motor in two pieces and the Blaster can be reborn also as a four stroke.  We'll keep you posted on future development
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2006, 07:47:52 PM »

you actually believe them?
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2006, 07:49:34 PM »

They were right when the YFZ came out.  They said they predicted a straight-race-style quad from Yamaha, and it happened.  So yeah  Undecided
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2006, 07:56:12 PM »

They were right when the YFZ came out.  They said they predicted a straight-race-style quad from Yamaha, and it happened.  So yeah  Undecided
I predict yamaha will come out with a new 4 wheeled off- road vehicle. Gee i wonder if im right....
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2006, 09:25:08 PM »

I doubt they'll ruin the name of the 2-Stroke Banshee with a Twin Cylinder YFZ450 Engine and 50cc more power. :/ Just the fact that the engine is a four stroke makes me think it won't happen.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2006, 09:32:30 PM »

Theyll use differnt names for sure, that engine would be pretty cool for a blaster, like a mini yfz  Cool and who knows about the banshee, I say the retire it and bump the 350 raptor to a 400

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2006, 09:38:46 PM »

Theyll use differnt names for sure, that engine would be pretty cool for a blaster, like a mini yfz  Cool and who knows about the banshee, I say the retire it and bump the 350 raptor to a 400

I agree with you. Then they'd have bikes that could actually compete, the the new blaster would probably be the best 250 four-stroke out there with the 5 valve design of the YZ250F engine. Heck, I'd buy that if they made the rest of the bike just as good. Would actually give some presence to the 250 four-stroke class, at 13,500 Revs.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2006, 09:39:11 PM »

i saw that article, it said the engine uses two yz250f cylenders and heads on it

i dont no if i belive them or not but...

that would be kinda cool

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
Brad500

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2006, 07:57:00 AM »

That was just a filler article. Something to take up space. It was a photo-shop job of a snowmobile with a-arms & tires instead of trax & ski's. Just something to make you say "HMMMM That would be cool."

2004 Predator 500 Dale jr. edition.              Pro-circuit T-4 silencer                            K&N filter                      &nb
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2006, 08:15:13 AM »

I like the idea of the yz250f motor in the blaster that would be a great improvement to the 250 class in quad racing and some frame and suspension work. yall have something going here but the 2 fourstroke engines together would be to costly i would think.

dynodon
Supreme Member

Ocala racing team

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2006, 03:14:43 PM »

The Banshee`s are now a thing of the past !, Yamaha would never re-use the name
 on a four stroker. The Banshee was and still is a legend in the atv world, but I really dont think they will call a "new breed" by Banshee, possibly something different with some similar looks. But thats just my opinion.
 I also saw the article, I thought that it was a joke as well, Just like if any of you remember the " street" quad with a crotch rocket motor in it with big azz slicks. I just dont think its gonna happen ! we have too many issues off road, let alone on the road.

P.S , Dont believe everything you read, its not all TRUE Wink

The " Black Pearl "
No, you dont want NONE of it
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com