Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Confoosed  (Read 5325 times)
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 25, 2006, 12:09:52 AM »

Yeah well I am newer to quads.  I still dont have one yet, and I need all of your opinions.  I don't know to get a sport or utility quad,  I live on a lake that ahs recently started drying up from lack of rain and now is muddy and slippery, and I was thinking about a 4x4.  Then my friends all have sports and stuff and the4x4 couldnt keep up they said.  Now I dont know what to do, what do you all recommend?
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 01:06:37 AM »

It depends how deep in the slippery stuff you want to go. You could manage with a sport, but if you're going through more than about 8 inches of the slop you may want a 4x4. Otherwise as long as you aren't hitting the bottom of the floorboards a sport should be fine.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
dreth

« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 07:07:25 AM »

totaly different worlds! 4x4 are usually a slower pace through water and mud. sports are usually doing wheelies, jumping, and high speed trail riding. the question is what type of riding is closest to you? if there is alot of mud and water then go with the ute, if not...............
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 09:28:48 AM »

http://l0ck.effex.us/Lake.php

Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  Wink
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 09:38:07 AM »

Theres a video on it I made about 1 week ago, the deepest place for water is probably 1 1/2 feet.  Best part is I was filming from my backyard.  Jealous?  Wink

jealous,,,nope, I already got two quads, a utility 4X4 and a sport  Cool

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 09:47:45 AM »

i have a dog! Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 09:52:07 AM »

i have a dog! Grin

and a pain in the butt son! Grin
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 09:54:17 AM »

This is my opinion, if all your friends ride sport get sport.  A friend of mind had a sport traded it for a ute and now he rides with other utes and us sports just ride together and meet with them later.  Unless it's strickly trail riding where everyone just cruises.  Also, you might look at something like the new 400 wolverine, it has 2 and 4 wheel drive capabilities.  You have some sport and a little extra something for the mud.  I know my bike gets stuck in about 4" of muck, so I just stay away.  Also utes are sealed better for the mud and water, I just had to replace the bearings in my rearend because of water damage.  Hope this helps, Good luck.
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 10:00:34 AM »

jealous,,,nope, I already got two quads, a utility 4X4 and a sport  Cool

Id@

I was referring to the vid, I have riding area access out my back gate, not quad wise
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 10:02:32 AM »

This is my opinion, if all your friends ride sport get sport.  A friend of mind had a sport traded it for a ute and now he rides with other utes and us sports just ride together and meet with them later.  Unless it's strickly trail riding where everyone just cruises.  Also, you might look at something like the new 400 wolverine, it has 2 and 4 wheel drive capabilities.  You have some sport and a little extra something for the mud.  I know my bike gets stuck in about 4" of muck, so I just stay away.  Also utes are sealed better for the mud and water, I just had to replace the bearings in my rearend because of water damage.  Hope this helps, Good luck.

But behind my house is all mud and I dont have a trailer right now to take a sport to croom or n e thing.  So a utility would make more sense?
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 10:09:57 AM »

i could tell you this. if your young and your friends have sport bikes, get a sport bike.
you can ride up and down the enbankment(sp). what will happen is all your friends will be haulin up and down doing wheelies while your cruising a big heavy bike.

again it all comes down to the type of riding you like.

good luck.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 10:26:35 AM »

I also see other peoples homes next to this lake, they might not be too happy with you messing with their views.  One thing you will find out is that people love to complain when they see a youngone having fun.  I lived on five acres and the neighbors complain about the noise.  Also had a jet ski and the old people along the river complained about the noise.  Other things to think about.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 10:36:32 AM »

I'd probably get a sport just to keep up with your buds. A ute will by grinding away trying to keep up. :/ Besides, that looks more like water to me than muck, do you know if the dirt got all muddy underneath? Either way you should be good enough, just gon't go through the deepest parts. :\

IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 11:57:01 AM »

I also see other peoples homes next to this lake, they might not be too happy with you messing with their views.  One thing you will find out is that people love to complain when they see a youngone having fun.  I lived on five acres and the neighbors complain about the noise.  Also had a jet ski and the old people along the river complained about the noise.  Other things to think about.

Well the fact is I know almost everyone on that lake.  Plus none care cause about 50% also have ATV's lol.  Just as long as you dont ride everyday for about 2 hours, everyone usually pics the same day and goes out and rides.
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 11:59:11 AM »

I'd probably get a sport just to keep up with your buds. A ute will by grinding away trying to keep up. :/ Besides, that looks more like water to me than muck, do you know if the dirt got all muddy underneath? Either way you should be good enough, just gon't go through the deepest parts. :\

Actually that vid was taken about a week ago, and with the lack of rain here, it has dried up into mud mostly, to the right i has very little water and all the alligators are mad lol.  But yeah its muddy and crap, but around the corner to the right is an island about 300 feet ahead that has sandy trails and a sand bowl made by someone along time ago which is where the sports go, but they are limited.  Utility wouldnt be as limited.  Maybe I can talk my dad into buying himself a utility and me a sport, and I can choose between the too lol
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 12:31:22 PM »

after seeing that vid, i say get a sport, look at all that free space, 2x4 terriroty, and even then you would have to drop alot of money into a 4x4 to get across that lake.
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 12:35:22 PM »

Actually, depending in how deep that goes, I've been in deeper lakes with my recon. I should get a good pic of it, but I have a pic of the recon upto the racks in the middle of a lake/pond about 200 feet from land. My dad had to pull me out from 50 feet away.. in the water.

greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 02:36:17 PM »

"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! Wink BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 02:39:03 PM by greenmachine » Logged
rubicon500kid
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: May 25, 2006, 02:58:47 PM »

i got a sport (well had one ) and a 4x4 too but now i sold my 400ex to my friend and im selling my 4x4 for a brute froce 750  alot of my friends ride at the track and ride sports but thats not me yea i love riding sport bikes but every time i ride i get muddy lol so iv decied to go with a brute
its all up to u ur friend might ride sport but if u dont like to then theres no point cuz you wouldnt be having fun

DROP & DESTROY
87 s10 2/3 soon to be bagged
85 honda 110 atc(22" bearclaws & snorkeld)
01 kx 125 (pc pipe,tag bar's,pro racing rear rim,some lil other stuff
I hate it when you microwave something, then you start eating it, and it's cold in the middle...makes me wanna punch a
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2006, 05:58:28 PM »

"Confoosed" I was thinking this was a thread about "Overhaulin" or something to do with Chip Foose? Start tearing up that property with any type of quad & see how happy all your friends on that lake...errr mudpit are. You better check & see before you go ballzout & buy a quad to ride out there, the only one jealous will be you when you are ticketed & paying fines out the azz!!! Wink BTW, jealous of a 15yr old who cant spell confused??? Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

No, I hate Chip Foose.  And the thread titled is supposed to go with thread smartone.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 06:20:43 PM by IneedPOWA » Logged
klutchbuster400
Supreme Member

Cuz the chicks dig it.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2006, 06:52:11 PM »

No, I hate Chip Foose.  And the thread titled is supposed to go with thread smartone.
not too sound like a smart @ss, but what does conFOOSed have to do with the thread?
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2006, 06:55:22 PM »

not too sound like a smart @ss, but what does conFOOSed have to do with the thread?

No clue Cheesy
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2006, 11:22:19 AM »

Your post really says a lot about you. You are new to the forum & start a thread bragging about your "lake/track/view from backyard". Get a quad then talk smack, until then go play with your shovel & pail in your dried up lake young one.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com