Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "Chipped" 6.0L Powerstroke  (Read 8806 times)
KAMSVCS

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:29:56 PM »

Just looking for opinions on the available "chips" or programmers available for the 6.0 poweerstroke.  I currently have a '05 F-250 with an Edge Juice chip and Attitude controller with the exhaust and air intake.  I am very happy with it.  I just got a new F-350 and getting ready to purchase an Edge A2 Platinum, dual exhaust, and air intake.  Just wondering if anyone has any personal experience with more than 1 system that can give some feedback/comparisons between the different ones available.  Hope this doesn't turn into how bad the powerstroke sucks and I should have bought a duramax or cummins.
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 10:02:32 PM »

well i am no pro but i have read in a magazine and watched on trucks the "BULLY DOG" its a great towing chip, also the "HYPERTECH" aka "hyperpac" but for the ford 6.0 power stroke with this hypertech system u gain +115 HP, +200 torpue, 84005 hyperpac, and power programer 41044, and you even gain a 2-6 mpg while towing a heavy load

you can go to www.hypertech.com

in my magazine the title says "AN INCREASE OF 100 MILES-PER-TANK OF FUEL."

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 10:09:49 PM »

but for the exhaust you can get the moster exhaust kit it can be single or diesel dual pipes-cuts backpressure up to 98%

here i got some info from banks power on the moster diesel system

Banks presents a very fitting option for '03-06 Ford Power Stroke pickups. The new Monster Diesel Duals 4" exhaust system gives owners two killer-looking, mirror-bright 5" double-wall, rolled-edge tailpipe tips—one on each side—that deliver the signature throaty Monster sound in stereo. While some split-dual exhausts can deteriorate the spare tire, crowd the brake lines and boil the brake fluid, or jam up against the shocks and melt the shock boots, Monster Diesel Duals exhaust is engineered to safely accommodate the Power Stroke’s spare tire, shocks and brake lines. The system is made of 100% stainless steel for durable, long-lasting quality.

Banks Monster Diesel Duals exhaust improves mightily on the stock system, starting with an increased-diameter mandrel-bent 4" turbine outlet pipe*, intermediate pipe and 3-1/2" tailpipes that open the way for the exhaust to zip through. The dual tailpipes increase flow area 52% over a single 4" tailpipe. Banks banishes muffler strangulations, too. To exit the stock muffler’s restrictive chambers, the exhaust is re-routed around several baffles, creating large amounts of backpressure. By contrast, the polished-stainless 4" Monster muffler has a straight-through path that more than doubles the stock flow, and an exclusive expansion chamber that dissipates the irritating mid-range drone that other straight-through mufflers are known for Banks Monster Diesel Duals exhaust system flows 76% better than stock and virtually eliminates backpressure. As a result, the 6.0L Power Stroke engine delivers more power to the rear wheels with a lot less work and lower exhaust gas temperatures, which extends engine life.

The bolt-on system is covered by a Banks lifetime limited warranty.

*Not available for '06 Power Stroke with manual transmission; T.O.P. for '03 Power Strokes has built-in resonator that eliminates the screechy turbo noise common in that particular model year.

i thinks it awsome!!!!!

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2006, 10:12:15 PM »

I sell the bullyDog @ my work...look on the page and get the part #'s you want and call me..I will hook you up on the price if you want....
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:20:22 PM »

**SNIFF** SNIFF** Whats that I smell? Coolant burning? That wouldnt be the headgaskets leaking would it.... Honestly until Ford gets their act together with that 6.0 I wouldnt hop it up to extreme unless you want  to except the responsiablity for the Repair. Then it is Game on. The Job is about $10k to complete.
$500 programmer
$500 propane ket
$700 Exhaust

The face of the guy who was just told that his Head gasket repair is not warranty  because of aftermarket bolt on's & Modifications

Priceless

Bad anology I know, but ask me if it doesnt happen. I see it all of the time at work.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:22:06 PM »

Get an SCT. The Edge "boxes are known for tearing up the trannies in the Fords. I have researched this to the extreme and I'm leaving mine alone, the 6.0 is a touchy motor and mine pulls great stock. I didnt buy it to race, I bought it to pull my toys to the races.  When the head gaskets go and it pukes coolant all over the place dont say you weren't warned.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
foreman1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 10:32:11 PM »

I'll second Chillin's comment.
I would avoid any "upgrades" with the exception of exhaust and intake mods.
Stay away from fuel boxes , you'll eventually regret it.
I've heard of way too many catastrophic failures with the 6.0 and boxes.
Enjoy it stock, its fast enough.

My$.02.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 10:42:10 PM by foreman1 » Logged

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
KAMSVCS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 10:40:03 PM »

**SNIFF** SNIFF** Whats that I smell? Coolant burning? That wouldnt be the headgaskets leaking would it.... Honestly until Ford gets their act together with that 6.0 I wouldnt hop it up to extreme unless you want  to except the responsiablity for the Repair. Then it is Game on. The Job is about $10k to complete.
$500 programmer
$500 propane ket
$700 Exhaust

The face of the guy who was just told that his Head gasket repair is not warranty  because of aftermarket bolt on's & Modifications

Priceless

Bad anology I know, but ask me if it doesnt happen. I see it all of the time at work.

This is the info I am looking for.  The extra HP/Torque is extremely nice to have when hauling a load, especially one reaching/exceeding MAX rating.  I only use the tow mode, level 2 on the Edge, and economy mode, level 1.  I put it on 5 when I first installed it for about 30 seconds and that just seemed ridiculous.  I definitely see the increased fuel mileage.  What is your opinion on just exhaust and the air intake?  Do you think I will see enough difference to justify the money and is this possibly bad for the motor?  I know the 6.0's are touchy, both my '04 and '05 have had problems, but I bought another one anyway...
foreman1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 10:56:47 PM »

Believe or not those monster exhaust systems yield little if any gain .
I've read some test done on different makes and the dyno results were not impresive.
They do seem to lower EGT's at WOT.
I've heard that the Airraid filter system seems to give a noticeable improvement in throttle response and seat of the pants feel.

Good Luck

NRA BENEFACTOR LIFE

WarRifles.com
Live Free or Die
"When there is no way out - Find a way further in."
Continental E-185
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 10:57:23 PM »

You don't feel much gain from exhaust, and the stock intakes on the 6.0's are the way to go, as most aftermarkets don't filter as good. I put an exhaust on mine just to hear my turbo scream, didn't feel any gain though. The only programmer to go with is an SCT, they seem do do the best for reliability and power.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 25, 2006, 05:43:02 AM »

I have an 03 f-250 superduty with the hypertech and airrade intake system . I run it in the tow and economy and ive never had any problems. I tow a 24 ft inclosed to races all over fl and georgia and to ocala just about every weekend.

Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2006, 12:03:41 PM »

Jody Tipton @ dptuner.com.  Go to dieselsite.com and just ask around. 

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 25, 2006, 12:29:08 PM »

the only thing permanent I will ever put as an engine modification will be the programmer because it is easy to return it to stock if I ever have an issue before I take it to the dealer.

I'd say go with a programmer if you want to modify the engine performance.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 01:23:15 PM »

wrong site.  www.thedieselstop.com is the site that has alot of information on anything you need.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2006, 01:47:41 PM »

the only thing permanent I will ever put as an engine modification will be the programmer because it is easy to return it to stock if I ever have an issue before I take it to the dealer.

Id@
Ida, diesels are a whole different ball game. A tuner on a gas vehicle MIGHT give you 15hp. A tuner on a diesel can give you 200hp and cause MAJOR $$$$$ damage in the wrong hands. A stock diesel is designed to run at full load continuisly, a "hot rod" diesel is not. Exhaust gas temps must be watched closely and all that power is hard on trannies and torque convertors.  With all that said, modified diesels are COOL and I love them. Just do your research and know what you are getting into.
  I'm getting ready to head out the door and go up to my place in Ocala for 4 days. I'm hooking up to my 26ft. enclosed trailer w/ 4 quads, Rhino, lawn mower, 2 generators, tool box, aircompressor, tire changer, spare tires,20 gal. gas, 40 gal. water, 4 gallons of beer, 1 bottle of tequila, 2 coolers, etc. Yes it is packed. In addition in the truck will be my wife, 3 kids and dog. I'll set the cruise on 75mph get 12 mpg and know that if my POS 6.0 dies on the way there that when it is towed to the dealer my warranty wont be denied. I've got 18,000 miles on mine and it runs great.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2006, 02:18:56 PM »

i agree chillin....there is one thing though.  custom tuners can actually change things that help your tranny.  Mine 7.3 has 4" exhaust and AFE intake with 105k miles on it.  Tomorrow i will hook to a 30' 12k lbs travel trailer and set my cruise on 75 mph and know that if it breaks, my A$$ will be paying for it cause it is out of warranty.  LMFAO...

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
KAMSVCS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2006, 04:19:47 PM »

Id@

One thing I can say is my '05 6.0 went to the Ford dealer with the new intake, exhhaust and the chip.  It was a fuel problem and they did all the work and never questioned the mods.  It was all warranty.  They actually told me that the new 6.4 that is supposed to be coming out in the '07's is actually pretty close to what the edge is turning on the level 2.  said it should even have the 4" exhaust.  How much of that is true, I don't know.  I still can  not find any definite specs  on the'07 superduty.
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2006, 10:01:57 PM »

Id@
Ida, diesels are a whole different ball game. A tuner on a gas vehicle MIGHT give you 15hp. A tuner on a diesel can give you 200hp and cause MAJOR $$$$$ damage in the wrong hands. A stock diesel is designed to run at full load continuisly, a "hot rod" diesel is not. Exhaust gas temps must be watched closely and all that power is hard on trannies and torque convertors.  With all that said, modified diesels are COOL and I love them. Just do your research and know what you are getting into.
  I'm getting ready to head out the door and go up to my place in Ocala for 4 days. I'm hooking up to my 26ft. enclosed trailer w/ 4 quads, Rhino, lawn mower, 2 generators, tool box, aircompressor, tire changer, spare tires,20 gal. gas, 40 gal. water, 4 gallons of beer, 1 bottle of tequila, 2 coolers, etc. Yes it is packed. In addition in the truck will be my wife, 3 kids and dog. I'll set the cruise on 75mph get 12 mpg and know that if my POS 6.0 dies on the way there that when it is towed to the dealer my warranty wont be denied. I've got 18,000 miles on mine and it runs great.

OK, so I don't know jack about deisels ;-_)

alls I gotta know is how to drive the 24' box trucks at work.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com