Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Off-Highway FLORIDA Stickers?  (Read 6832 times)
The Quad FaJa
Supreme Member

05 KFX 440 "4 Sale"

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 24, 2006, 09:04:37 PM »

when I got my title for my 1986 250R..they gave me a green and yellow sticker for the quad...and was told I needed to be on the quad @ all times...its kinda big and real ugly...does any one else have this one there quad...and where did you put yours?...Post pics if you know now..
-Paul
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 09:11:15 PM »

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/OHVGuide.pdf

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 09:41:02 PM »

dunno about you, but I bought mine in early '02 ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2006, 06:54:36 AM »

The law went into effect last July 05 or Jan 06 and it's required for all OHVs, no matter when you bought.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2006, 12:17:16 PM »

<----covers ears and yells, LALALALALALALALA

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2006, 12:26:50 PM »

I just got mine last week. I have a Rancher 350 ES so I put mine up on the speedo cover on the front side. If they can't see that they're blind. I'm replacing my plastics soon and didn't want to have to buy a new sticker. I hear the $$$ is being used that we spend on these things. Time will tell.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2006, 05:07:57 PM »

The law went into effect last July 05 or Jan 06 and it's required for all OHVs, no matter when you bought.

Well the pinellas county tag office has no knowledge of this .................................. Shocked

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
Scramdaddy

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 25, 2006, 05:17:14 PM »

They should have a few more places to ride before they charge taxes like this. Undecided

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
stacktester
Supreme Member

Proud of our servicemen and women

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2006, 08:05:55 PM »

Well the pinellas county tag office has no knowledge of this ..................................

You know why they don't? Because they're idiots. I went into Duval County's main office downtown and the chic was like duhhhhhhh. I just said forget it. I went to St. Johns County annex in Ponte Vedra with that brochure I got at Big Scrub and the lady couldn't believe I couldn't get it in Jax. She immediately took my info and I was gone in 10 minutes or less. Believe me every office has that decal and can do this.

Honda Rancher 4x4 ES
Newmembers good friend
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 25, 2006, 09:44:11 PM »

Pasco County Govt. center on Little Rd. did mine with no problems. As far as I know it doesn't matter what county you go to in relation to what county you actually live in.
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2006, 05:57:35 AM »

I got one with my Title too.  I put my on the right rear fender.   It doesn't look that bad but it's still ugly. Angry

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
logger

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2006, 06:09:28 AM »

This was in another thread, if you click on the link on the bottom and go to the right handside box that says OHV the information this will give you everything you need. The phamplets are also available from any of the rangers and from the information center in Salt Springs Ranger Center. Copy this and bring it to the tag office, and you will get you sticker. You are probably going to need a sticker when the trail system goes into effect in Ocala. The sticker supposefully keeps you from having to carry your title and paper work on your rides, it is also a way to identify stolen vehicles or ATV's.

INFORMATION AND INSTRUCTIONS FOR TITLING OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLES

It is the intent of the Legislature that all off-highway vehicles purchased after the effective date of the "Florida Off-Highway Vehicle Titling Act" (July 1, 2002) and all off-highway vehicles operated on public lands be titled to allow for easy determination of ownership.

An "off-highway vehicle" is defined as any all-terrain vehicle (ATV) or off-highway motorcycle (OHM) that is used off the roads or highways of this state for recreational purposes and that is not registered and licensed for highway use pursuant to Chapter 320, Florida Statutes.

An "ATV" is defined as any motorized off-highway or all-terrain vehicle 50 inches or less in width, having a dry weight of 900 pounds or less, designed to travel on three or more low-pressure tires, having a seat designed to be straddled by the operator and handlebars for steering control and intended for use by a single operator and with no passenger.

An "OHM" is defined as any motor vehicle used off the roads or highways of this state that has a seat or saddle for the use of the rider and is designed to travel with not more than two wheels in contact with the ground, but excludes a tractor or a moped.

"Public Lands" means lands within the state that are available for public use and that are owned, operated or managed by a federal, state, county or municipal governmental entity.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN SHOULD AN OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE BE TITLED?

HOW DO I OBTAIN A FLORIDA CERTIFICATE OF TITLE FOR MY OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE:

New or Used Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased Prior to 07/01/02
Used Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased in Florida, 07/01/02 or after
New Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased in Florida or Out of State, 07/01/02 or After
Used Off-Highway Vehicle From Out of State, 07/01/02, or After

WHERE DO I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF TITLE?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

WHEN SHOULD AN OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE BE TITLED?

Any off-highway vehicle purchased by a Florida resident on July 1, 2002 or after.

Any off-highway vehicle purchased by a Florida resident, prior to July 1, 2002, that is operated on unrestricted public lands of this state.

HOW DO I OBTAIN A FLORIDA CERTIFICATE OF TITLE FOR MY OFF-HIGHWAY VEHICLE

New or Used Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased Prior to 07/01/02

ONE of the following must be submitted as proof of ownership:
A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.
A bill of sale (must include the year, make and vehicle identification number of the off-highway vehicle).
An affidavit of ownership (must include the year, make and vehicle identification number of the off-highway vehicle).
A form HSMV 82040, Application for Certificate of Title, accurately completed by the applicant.
NOTE: If a lien is to be recorded, a lien date MUST be shown.

A lien satisfaction(s), if applicable.
NOTE: If a lien is shown on the proof of ownership, submit the proper lien satisfaction or if the lien has not been satisfied and there is no change in ownership, place lien information on an accurately completed form 82040, Application for Certificate of Title.

Proof of payment of sales tax is not required for an off-highway vehicle purchased prior to July 1, 2002.

Title fees in the amount of $33.25 ($29.00 title fees & $4.25 service fee), payable to The Division of Motor Vehicles.
NOTE: Off-highway vehicles will NOT be issued a license plate or decal.

Used Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased in Florida, 07/01/02 or after

ONE of the following must be submitted as proof of ownership:
Florida certificate of title.
A bill of sale (must include the year, make and vehicle identification number of the off-highway vehicle).
A form HSMV 82040, Application for Certificate of Title, accurately completed by the applicant.

NOTE: If a lien is shown on the bill of sale, a lien satisfaction is applicable.

Payment of sales tax.

Title fees in the amount of $33.25 ($29.00 title fees & $4.25 service fee), payable to The Division of Motor Vehicles.

New Off-Highway Vehicle Purchased in Florida or Out of State, 07/01/02 or After

A Manufacturer's Certificate of Origin.

Payment of sales tax.

Used Off-Highway Vehicle From Out of State, 07/01/02, or After

Out of state title.
NOTE: If the off-highway vehicle was not required to be titled, then proof of ownership is a dealer's bill of sale or the registration from that state (if applicable) and a bill of sale from the seller to the purchaser.

The certificate of title, the off-highway vehicle registration (if applicable) or bill of sale submitted as proof of ownership must be in the name of the applicant or must be properly assigned to the applicant.

NOTE: If a lien is shown on the proof of ownership, submit the proper lien satisfaction or if the lien has not been satisfied and there is no change in ownership, place lien information on an accurately completed form 82040, Application for Certificate of Title.

Payment of sales tax.

WHERE DO I SUBMIT MY APPLICATION FOR CERTIFICATE OF TITLE?

Applications submitted from July 1, 2002 until November 1, 2002, must be mailed to:

DIVISION OF MOTOR VEHICLES
Direct Mail & Title Correction Section, MS# 72
Neil Kirkman Building - Tallahassee, FL 32399

Applications after November 01, 2002, must be submitted to your local tax collector's office or any license plate agency.

http://www.hsmv.state.fl.us/html/titlinf.html
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2006, 09:56:07 PM »

I went to a Pinellas County tag office and had no problems.  Maybe they should know but it is still new thing, it's not like they get these things everyday.  I went to the office on Gulf to Bay in Clearwater.  Good luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com