Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: family / scenic riding/camping  (Read 4783 times)
Daniel

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 23, 2006, 10:15:47 AM »

Hey all - we're a young family of four and just started riding. We're looking for some trail riding for both 4 wheeler and dirt bikes. ONF is okay but very sandy for the kids on the dirt bikes and the trails are over-ridden with whoops. We also found that most of the riding areas are restricted to the power lines and riding in a straight line out in the open is not what we're after. We're hoping to find something better where some real scenery can be found without the danger of fines and getting the vehicles impounded. If you know of a place we can go on an interesting riding/camping trip please let us know.

Thanks!
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2006, 10:28:54 AM »

North Carolina or Georgia? You could come down to holeylands but mostly it's dirt and sawgrass, with a little mud and water too.

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Daniel

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2006, 10:42:57 AM »

I've been reading up on holeylands here on the forum. We're in Tampa and wouldn't mind heading further south at all. The mud sounds good - I'm installing a winch. Anything but sand and power lines would be an improvement. Where can I get directions to holeylands? We have grizzy/kodiak/ttr90&125.

At some point with a little planning we'll have to make a longer trip up into GA/NC too.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2006, 10:47:44 AM »

you can do a search on the  site and you should find directions but is basicly on us27 at the broward/palm beach line.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2006, 11:04:23 AM »

Ah okay, if you're riding utes you'll love it alot more because of the mud and water there. I had the impression you guys rode sports so you would only be able to ride the trails. The dirtbikes will probably have to be loaded up for riding in the water though, can only go so far before you're a foot and a half deep in water. It's pretty dry thought right now..

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
ananomaly

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2006, 11:30:35 AM »

Go to atvpathfinder.com It's a good start.

05 eiger 4x4 manual
04 bruin
05 f150 crew 4x4
Gotta work but wanna ride.
Life should be a journy to the grave, body thoroughly used up,
totally worn out and screaming " Woo-Hoo...What a ride."
maricat

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2006, 07:53:14 PM »

the best thing to do is to start traveling.
here in florida is either ocala or croom
and you get tire of so many woops.

try Durhamtown ,Georgia.you are going to have a blast.

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2006, 08:58:35 PM »

Durhamtown is a great family road trip. You can make it from Tampa to D-town in about 7 hours if you're not riding with my nephew Kip (He's gotta stop like every 1/2 hour for a pee break..no wonder he rides a Yamaha).

They rent cabins that you can ride your quads and bikes right up to.  Great trails, 2 motocross tracks, night rides, and just a total blast.

If you are looking for a good place to ride locally, without the dirtbikes, you might consider river ranch. It's by far the best trail riding in FL. (Only problem is, you have to own a plot out there, and they don't allow dirtbikes). 

Anyway, welcome to the forum Daniel, and good luck!

Uncle Rico

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2006, 08:18:20 PM »

L-Cross Extreme Events has Family events the 3rd Friday of every month. We have one coming up in June Father's day weekend! We have a KIDDIE CAMPING area for families with small children they also have their own mud bog. Visit our web site for more information at  www.l-cross.com
Tampa is about 3 hrs from here!

Thanks,
Mark and Patti Pearce

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2006, 09:20:08 PM »

Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: May 31, 2006, 09:59:24 PM »

Ocala has some nice areas, you just have to know where to go. I have a weekend place up there. We were just up there last weekend for 4 days. It was hot and DUSTY, probably take the boat next trip. How old are your kids? Mine are 5,8,10.

Were you in hog valley? You said you had a place up there in another thread a while ago. I was up there 26th through the 29th, I stayed off of big rack road. We didnt ride much, we actually went to to lake cure (sp?) Saturday and Sunday.
Chillinthemost
Supreme Member

Git it rag

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 31, 2006, 10:12:19 PM »

Were you in hog valley? You said you had a place up there in another thread a while ago. I was up there 26th through the 29th, I stayed off of big rack road. We didnt ride much, we actually went to to lake cure (sp?) Saturday and Sunday.
Yep. I'm just down from the Pig pen (bar).

YFZ  FTR B-Open  #12
Chillin Jr. FTR Super Pee A #12
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2006, 12:08:52 AM »

Yep. I'm just down from the Pig pen (bar).

I was in there friday night. Fun place to be in, specially for kerokee. Cool
Zoomer

It's all about the family!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2006, 07:17:24 PM »

Broad River is great for families.  Try it, we just got back and had a blast!!!
My boys are 16 and 11 and they both had fun.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com