Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: R.R. fyi  (Read 5975 times)
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: May 22, 2006, 10:48:55 AM »

Everyone knows how I feel about the way RR is heading. I ended my 12yr drought & actually was talked into going back out this past weekend. A buddy of ours was hauling an old travel trailer out to his camp to set up. Keep in mind this was a junker trailer for a good price basically a fixer upper you could say. He lives Alturas/West Lake Wales, only 25 minutes from Sam Keen Rd or the north end gate. On Hwy 60 east of Lake Wales, there is a construction speed zone. Just over the hill at the beginning of the construction area there was a sheriff setting in wait. He immediately pulled out 2 cars behind my friend with the trailer, followed him onto Sam Keene Rd & then pulled him over. The deputy was apparently completely against RR. He started talking about arresting him for no registration on the trailer & no up to date tag. This trailer was sitting in his moms pasture for about 10 years. My friend replaced the tires so he could get it there & we followed closely with 2 trucks & never let anyone between us. The deputy stated "this is the 3rd guy today that I pulled over for the same reason as you" this guy was a local & was apparently against the idea of hauling "junk" to the woods. My friend was let go after a mutual friend/sheriff radioed the arresting officer & said make it a personal favor & just ticket him. BEWARE anyone taking an old trailer out there, the local sheriffs arent too happy about it. BTW it was only 9AM & it was his 3rd untagged trailer going out there Huh. The speed/construction zone was posted 55mph, the sheriff turned his head to the guys in front of the trailer going 75mph+ & went after the trailer instead.
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2006, 10:52:51 AM »

holy crap.

just ticketed him. Huh i dont think they can arrest you for no registration.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2006, 01:25:06 PM »

I know it sounded weird to me too! I also know what he was doing with the trailer was technically illegal by not having it tagged & registered. We took every precaution by following him closely. It was obvious to all of us standing there it was all political BS. It seemed like he was intentionally targeting RR campers. Like I said we were passed at the top of the hill & we were doing 55-60 & he pulled the trailer not the speeders going around us. I think cops under 5'10" have bad cases of small man syndrome so we will chalk it up to that & he will pay the fine.
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2006, 05:10:55 PM »

Im fixing to haul mine soon. Coming from the east to RR. I have No lights, No tag, No registration and No brains. What the heck, Im going for it. 

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Thrasher
Supreme Member

i have a headache...

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2006, 10:01:17 AM »

ditto, in a few weeks myself....

2 x 2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twins, w/Warn 3000/2500 winches, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage,  Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, 27" Outlaws, Mud chunks, a lil tin can Cheesy

Out to pis
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2006, 10:06:54 AM »

i'm not sure but i think you can get a temporary tag/permit for transport. Huh
would be nice to have it when you get pulled over so you can show "napolean" Grin

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
backinsaddle

« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2006, 10:34:00 AM »

i'm not sure but i think you can get a temporary tag/permit for transport. Huh
would be nice to have it when you get pulled over so you can show "napolean" Grin

probably right...I know they have such a thing in ny state...not sure about fl though
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2006, 01:35:24 PM »

waiting for rain so I can bring my camper in also
VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2006, 03:41:48 PM »

A week from tommorow. Were going to cami paint it and sneak it down the Hwy. I might hang the lights anyway. No tag, just a bill of sale. Lets go for it.

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2006, 07:17:51 PM »

Just paint it to look like a Dunkin Donuts truck and you'll have clear sailing! LOL Isn't it cheaper to registered the trailer than pay a fine?

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2006, 07:25:48 PM »

Aintskeered now that's just freakin' funny!

Gary I just saw this and was thinkin' I needed to call you tomorrow about it.  Glad you saw it.

I'm just happy my trailer only needs to be towed from one spot on the property to another.  Now I just need to get a definate on a camp.
ppark350se
Supreme Member

hustle muscle

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2006, 09:10:28 PM »

Tell the cop you just bought it. lol thats what we do all the time with cars bikes all that we ever buy. you can get temp tags for like 10bucks though.

Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2006, 11:07:47 PM »

Freakin hates those cops ! Next time stop by Mc Donald's and pick up an egg mc muffin with cheese. ( If you don't get it,  refer to the Mc Donald's radio ad ) 

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2006, 11:06:27 AM »

Thats freaking funny. I do not want to attract the po po.
Just paint it to look like a Dunkin Donuts truck and you'll have clear sailing! LOL Isn't it cheaper to registered the trailer than pay a fine?

MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2006, 12:16:47 PM »

To attract them you need the Krispy Kream HOT SIGN in the back window!!!

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
rednipj

Just Hanging Around

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2006, 01:37:36 PM »

If you paint it to look like a Dunkin Donut trunk your just going to pizz them off when the catch up and ask you for a dozen.  They'll pull out the taser, mase, and K-9 unit for that.  Then call in the bomb squad to take out the camper, because they obviously hiding some WMD.
YFZ450AndyH

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2006, 10:44:37 AM »

Good Lord, some of you guys are idiots.  I am a law enforcement officer and I ride.  It's funny how were such bad guys, until you need us for something (usually a stupidity issue).  Then you can't call 911 quick enough.  Get a life.... 
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: June 03, 2006, 12:13:35 PM »

I agree with you yfz 450, hell I got a ticket the other day for speeding (which the officer gave me a break that saved me $75) and you don't see me on here compaining about it.  If you break the law and get caught take your lumps and shut up.  Geez these guys have to deal with low life trailer trash everyday and they don't need you guys harpin on em.  Give them a break!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: June 03, 2006, 12:37:30 PM »

YFZandy, I want to thank you for being there for us.
Fishaholic said it best, If you break the law and get caught then take your lumps. I personally think the police should have more freedom. If you run from the police and they yell 'STOP" ,If you don't stop then you get a beating for not listening to the law enforcer.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
LeBlanc Outdoors

« Reply #19 on: June 03, 2006, 01:30:48 PM »

Being a retired police officer, i've always found it funny that when the officer stops the guy who cut you off 3 miles back, (s)he's the greatest.  When you get stopped it's, What you don't have real criminals to chase?.   And of course when I would go into, yes Dunkin Donuts at 3 AM for an orange juice,(The only store that was open in Brattleboro,VT all night) some grossly overweight patron eating their 3-4 donuts would always chime in "Yep, you ever need a cop just come to Dunkin Donuts".
  It's a profession we chose to 'serve and protect' and by far most Law Enforcement Officers take great pride in doing just that, with pride and commitment to their job, and all the sacrifices they willingly choose to accept to keep you and yours safe.  In  over 15 years of Police work I attended the funerals of many officers including one who had been my partner several years before she was killed in the line of duty.  I can guarantee you none of them were chasing a Krispy Kreme truck.
   Bottom line Greenmachine if your buddy got a ticket for breaking the law, grin and bear it.  If you choose to not spend the money to register your trailer before pulling it, you knowingly accept the chance to get a ticket.
   See you all on the trails, or Dunkin Donuts!
« Last Edit: June 03, 2006, 02:05:22 PM by LeBlanc Outdoors » Logged
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #20 on: June 03, 2006, 03:36:04 PM »

Fishaholic said it best, If you break the law and get caught then take your lumps. I personally think the police should have more freedom. If you run from the police and they yell 'STOP" ,If you don't stop then you get a beating for not listening to the law enforcer.

Most of my friends are in Law enforcement and are very laid back until you piss them off (like most of us) But there are a few over zelous rookies that need to understand it's not a contest, who can write the most tickets. Most all law enforcement I know ride as well or are all sportsmen in some aspect, but again you have to understand there are tree huggers in every line of work.

"you can make some people happy all of the time, you can make all the people happy some of the time...But you will never make them all happy all of the time"

Sounds like you got one that had a bad morning, you never know what personal battle he is dealing with, as we all have our own....your's was getting you camper to RR with out getting stopped  Wink   I was lucky when I took mine..............Shift change Grin lol
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: June 03, 2006, 03:49:48 PM »

I was lucky when I took mine..............Shift change Grin lol

I was thinking the same thing when Moose and I drug that 14x28 ft polebarn all the way from St.Pete.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com