Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: IDENTITY THEFT SCAM **BEWARE**  (Read 3101 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: May 18, 2006, 02:26:11 PM »

Victims are being called by someone claiming to represent the court system and indicate that the called party has missed their jury duty commitment. Of  course the victim is taken by surprise and responds by saying"I don't have Jury Duty?"
Then the scammer will ask for you Identification to verify that they have the correct person, ie name, address, DL# and SSN# DOB.
BEWARE!!! BE SMART
STUPID HURTS
« Last Edit: May 18, 2006, 03:33:01 PM by Moose » Logged
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2006, 06:33:01 AM »

as though it might have sounded skeptical, My brother got this type of call Tuesday afternoon, A woman claiming to represent the court system recited the scam nearly verbatim. so it is happening. 
05greengriz
Supreme Member

FMR STYLE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2006, 07:50:08 AM »

Thanks for the heads up Thumbs Up

07 Eiger
06 fsc 2800 weekend warrior
06 Rhino       
2005 Scardy Cat 500 4x4
2006 Acrtic Cat DVX 90
http
JayDawg

I am a Christian! Any questions? Just ask!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2006, 01:36:25 PM »

as though it might have sounded skeptical, My brother got this type of call Tuesday afternoon, A woman claiming to represent the court system recited the scam nearly verbatim. so it is happening. 

I would just tell the person on the other end that I don't speak English!

05' YFZ 450
White and Red
Pulse Charger, ESR intake, X Factor pro peg nerf bars, IMS heel guards, Trailtech fat bars, Alba bumper, Noss machine inspection plugs, assorted chrome pieces with more stuff to be added soon in addition to a few other performance parts...
glennd

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »

Just tell 'em if they get your civil rights restored, you'd be happy to do jury duty!   Wink
Round Man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2006, 01:00:22 PM »

Just tell 'em if they get your civil rights restored, you'd be happy to do jury duty!   Wink

........................ Thumbs Up

LIFE IS NOT A JOURNEY TO THE GRAVE WITH THE INTENTION
OF ARRIVING SAFELY IN A PRETTY AND WELL PRESERVED BODY, BUT
RATHER TO SKID IN BROADSIDE, THOROUGHLY USED UP, TOTALLY
WORN OUT, AND LOUDLY PROCLAIMING - -----------

WOW - WHAT A RIDE!!!"
boneman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 05:55:24 AM »

Or just say you believe in the death penalty and you will never be allowed on a jury. That's how a buddy of mine got of jury duty in a murder case. He went in and ranted and raved about how the death penalty is underused and made a big scene. They looked at him cross eyed, said thank you and told him to go home. Works everytime.
deano 177

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2006, 07:00:53 PM »

I served my "civic duty" before. Trial lasted 3 days. Some dude shot his ole lady in the stomach. Gun was double action (no hammer10lb trigger pull) and he cycled the weapon before shooting her (to make sure it was loaded he pulled the slide. since there was a bullet in the chamber, there was a fresh, non-shot bullet laying on the floor of the room.) She didn't die because she was "large". 3 of us wanted attempted murder 1 but the other two didnt think that it was premeditated (chambering of the bullet?) so he got attempted murder 2 which didnt have that much of a difference in sentances.

back to the original topic...I love when I get those phishing emails that ask for you name and pin numbers. I cant print what I say about their moms and sisters but I would love to be a fly on the wall when they open the mail!

arcticcat 500 Automatic
27" mud lites
42 pilot jet, 150 high jet
2" snorkles
warn winch with synthetic line
radiator relocated
garmin GPS on the handle bars
Z71 extended cab
15'X5' utility trailer
Trying to find a place to ride near jacksonville(arn't we all?)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com