Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala Thunderbowl Quad Flattrack Sat 5/27, 6/10 plus other dates and news  (Read 64802 times)
derek330
Supreme Member

Thanks to all my CREW!!! 2010 champ!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: May 29, 2006, 01:37:01 PM »

The  old  zuki  500s  are  said  to  be  legends  on  the  oval.  Thats  what  I  hear  anyway. Dunno
they have strong engines, its getting those monsters to handle in the corners thats tricky!!!

2010 SDTA OPEN CLASS CHAMP!
        > Mystic Motorsports<
     The innovators not the imitators!   
     <Performance 2-stroke engines>
     3 TIME open class championship engine
      builder and tuner.
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: May 29, 2006, 01:56:47 PM »

The  old  zuki  500s  are  said  to  be  legends  on  the  oval.  Thats  what  I  hear  anyway. Dunno
they have strong engines, its getting those monsters to handle in the corners thats tricky!!!
I`ll  let  you  show  me  how  to  make  it  work. Wink

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
Hoosier Daddy
Southern Flat Track League
Supreme Member

Team WareRacing Member #07

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: May 29, 2006, 02:11:55 PM »

Well i guess Ill let the cat out off the bag..

SuperstaRR is................................................. quad32x!
About  as  much  as  your  Sliderguy  you  fat  headed  chump. Flaming

OK OK OK its not Quad.... geeezz... beat me over ther head why dont ya!

BLISS Feed, Hay, and Race Fuels Zephyrhills, Fl
"Character is what you have when no one is looking"
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: May 29, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

Well i guess Ill let the cat out off the bag..

SuperstaRR is................................................. quad32x!
About  as  much  as  your  Sliderguy  you  fat  headed  chump. Flaming

OK OK OK its not Quad.... geeezz... beat me over ther head why dont ya!
Thank  you  Mr. Ware.  I  just  dont  want  people  to  think  Im  a  bigger  A-Hole  than  they  do  already. Laugh

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: May 29, 2006, 02:19:22 PM »

my new 330 engine should make 70 hp!!! that is as much as your 400!!! or at least as much as mp racing claimed! i have no doubt in my mind that i will be able to use every bit of it!!!!! (i will prove it when the time comes)  who are you kidding?Huh the more power the better!!! why would you want less power??? thats just retarded Nerd you should never try to detune the motor!! you should get all the motor you can and tune the chassis around it!!!if you think of your bike as an uncontrolable beast than you have it tuned wrong!!!!! Cheesy not good! Wink

70 hp out of a 330cc single cylinder on gas? Im not calling BS, thats just pretty hard to belive.. assuming this is a conservitive dyno your using.. Its just even some of the 500cc Saber cylinders on ALKY are getting 85-90 @ best.  Then again just about every different dyno will give you a different reading..

Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: May 29, 2006, 05:10:59 PM »

Chris,

70 Hp is calculated not RWHP measured. There are alot of inconsistencies with different dynos but Derek is dead on. With the right timing and a motor that can rev and pull while doing so 70 is not out of the question. You just don't want to Trail ride, or MX on an engine tuned like ours will be. Right now we have about 58-60 calculated and we are looking to tweak them track specific to Ocala Tunderbowl.

P.S. RTR_380 You are dead on, dialed in is better than an uncontroled beast especially when you are out of shape like me!

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: May 29, 2006, 05:44:45 PM »

my new 330 engine should make 70 hp!!! that is as much as your 400!!! or at least as much as mp racing claimed! i have no doubt in my mind that i will be able to use every bit of it!!!!! (i will prove it when the time comes)  who are you kidding?Huh the more power the better!!! why would you want less power??? thats just retarded Nerd you should never try to detune the motor!! you should get all the motor you can and tune the chassis around it!!!if you think of your bike as an uncontrolable beast than you have it tuned wrong!!!!! Cheesy not good! Wink

70 hp out of a 330cc single cylinder on gas? Im not calling BS, thats just pretty hard to belive.. assuming this is a conservitive dyno your using.. Its just even some of the 500cc Saber cylinders on ALKY are getting 85-90 @ best.  Then again just about every different dyno will give you a different reading..

wait and see chris, wait and see!!!  I GOT TRICKS DAWG!!!!!!!!  Cool   i am going off of the dyno of my exact engine combo.it has 57.5 hp so all i am saying is i will have 12 hp more than last time i raced!!!  numbers will vary with different dynos for sure. chris, mabey one day i will show you some of these tricks....   Wink

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: May 29, 2006, 07:33:50 PM »

Derek,

Don't you dare....... these guys are fast enough already, we or I need every slight advantage I can get.

Chris,

I spoke with Neil recently and he is getting just over 100HP measured on his Saber Kits and 90+ on gas.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2006, 08:08:40 PM by Scott270r » Logged

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

toofittyr

Team Ware Racing Member #02

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: May 30, 2006, 02:48:54 PM »

Smiley Well with all the talk of HP., I will now tell the secrets of the Cali bike motor. 1988 250r with black painted case,  cyc has been painted silver,(better air flow)   after market pipe (don't know who made it, and don't care)  billet ESR shifter and brake pedals (saves weight), new hose (only because it sprang a leak), over sized air scoops (motor kept over heating) one new ESR motor mount and one stock motor mount (that's for motor torque) three differant tire sizes (and one of them goes flat all time) and with all of this it get a monsterus 37 H.P.   Grin  and that the truth.   and yet it can still run out front with three differant riders. Wink
"TRX250r, Still the Greatest Bike ever produced"

if you don't mix your gas, then you an't fast
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: May 30, 2006, 03:02:50 PM »

explain "measured"... dynoed or no? lets use dyno numbers since most of us understand that. assuming once again its a consertive dyno, not like Trinitys or A&S' inflated dyno numbers. Shocked  Disclaimer: Most of know if you take one bike off a dyno and put it on different dyno its likey to have differnet numbers, i have seen 15% difference from dyno to dyno.. on a 100 hp motor thats 15hp..

Now this is Neils drag bike right? with drag port and drag pipe? were talking about neil from MI right? take off the drag pipe now were back to 90.. like i was saying Wink

I see you two are getting excited over my comment.. dont.. i was just saying its hard to believe for a flat track bike with 330cc's, i didnt say it was impossiable.  Im not stepping on toes.. MY 10mm shee was 130hp awesome drag bike but it wouldnt work as a flat track motor for crap.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:18:22 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: May 30, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »

I say ya'll just need to get out the measuring stick Roll Eyes Roll Eyes

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: May 30, 2006, 03:20:22 PM »

well i know id win that contest hands down..
Im sure quad would want to be the judge!

Trust me Guys, I know what its like when someone doubts your building skills, I wasnt doing that.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 03:22:09 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: May 30, 2006, 03:27:01 PM »

well i know id win that contest hands down..
Im sure quad would want to be the judge!

Trust me Guys, I know what its like when someone doubts your building skills, I wasnt doing that.
Are  you  just  looking  for  a  butt  whoopin  BOY ? Devil

Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: May 30, 2006, 03:50:30 PM »

Chris,

From what I understand Neil has his own or easy access to a dyno(measured). He has been getting Matt Shearer to build his own custom pipes around some different porting configurations. He now claims over 103( Drag only )and about 100( in frame pipe) with his latest setup on alcohol. He is getting around 90+ on gas with an inframe pipe.

As far as what we plan on doing, we are going to change a few things to get more HP and test to see if it can still work well. We don't know if it will be too much and it will be time to tame it down again, but there is only one way to find out. We are trying not to be complacent because the competition is so fierce right now and I suspect will only get faster. Derek knows his stuff and I think our results should speak for themselves. Powerwise, his 330's absolutely rip right now and I would leave well enough alone but that is just not Derek, He is always looking to add more power as I always worry something is going to break.

Anyways, Calculated HP for 2 strokes is just:

BHP = (Brake Mean Effective Pressure x Stroke x Area of your piston x  RPM)/ 33,000

This is obviously not taking into consideration the losses of a real bike but it sure is cheaper than a $5000 dyno. LOL

......Thanks Derek

derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: May 30, 2006, 04:25:59 PM »

Chris,

From what I understand Neil has his own or easy access to a dyno(measured). He has been getting Matt Shearer to build his own custom pipes around some different porting configurations. He now claims over 103( Drag only )and about 100( in frame pipe) with his latest setup on alcohol. He is getting around 90+ on gas with an inframe pipe.

As far as what we plan on doing, we are going to change a few things to get more HP and test to see if it can still work well. We don't know if it will be too much and it will be time to tame it down again, but there is only one way to find out. We are trying not to be complacent because the competition is so fierce right now and I suspect will only get faster. Derek knows his stuff and I think our results should speak for themselves. Powerwise, his 330's absolutely rip right now and I would leave well enough alone but that is just not Derek, He is always looking to add more power as I always worry something is going to break.

Anyways, Calculated HP for 2 strokes is just:

BHP = (Brake Mean Effective Pressure x Stroke x Area of your piston x  RPM)/ 33,000

This is obviously not taking into consideration the losses of a real bike but it sure is cheaper than a $5000 dyno. LOL

what he said!!!!!! Shocked

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: May 30, 2006, 04:31:23 PM »

We seem to do an OK job at tuning!  But it will be great to run w/ some quads that are as fast as ours or faster.
Who would be interested in going to a Sand Mountain practice day one Saturday or Sunday!  We could run their 1/4 mile oval and the TT!  Ill show you boys some TT racing and you can show my some Flattrack racing!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: May 30, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »

so are we talking the same neil or what? I think so if hes dealing with matt.

Im fairly sure by the seat of the pants feel this 370 i put together isnt even in the
60hp range id be suprised with 55hp. my 4mm cub put out 98hp (gas)  and my 10mm cub was 130hp and was a HANDFULL at the drags with a +10 swinger and wheelie bar. I could keep the front end down no matter what.  I need to get my bike to the dyno since they have an O2 sensor and see what it lays down. But Dyno numbers arent THAT impressive to me because i have seen how much they vary. but i feel they are a good tuning tool.  you guys quit getting so uptight, everyone know you guys have fast bikes, no need to worry..

PS, your right the bigger they are the more they break.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 04:42:26 PM by WareRacing07 » Logged

Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: May 30, 2006, 04:40:39 PM »

Jason,
  I would love to be there on a saturday, Im sure my brother would be there too!

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: May 30, 2006, 04:56:22 PM »

If theres enough interest, I might be able to make it happen!  Anybody else interested???

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Fast66071

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: May 30, 2006, 04:58:52 PM »

What's up guys. We're getting conflicting reports of dates for racing at ThunderBowl. We were told the 10th, but the website says  the 3rd. Anyone have any info?
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: May 30, 2006, 04:59:14 PM »

so are we talking the same neil or what? I think so if hes dealing with matt.

Im fairly sure by the seat of the pants feel this 370 i put together isnt even in the
60hp range id be suprised with 55hp. my 4mm cub put out 98hp (gas)  and my 10mm cub was 130hp and was a HANDFULL at the drags with a +10 swinger and wheelie bar. I could keep the front end down no matter what.  I need to get my bike to the dyno since they have an O2 sensor and see what it lays down. But Dyno numbers arent THAT impressive to me because i have seen how much they vary. but i feel they are a good tuning tool.  you guys quit getting so uptight, everyone know you guys have fast bikes, no need to worry..

PS, your right the bigger they are the more they break.

Chris,

Straight from Eddie they are a little tame. You can tweak them up a little and see some real gains. I don't want to spill any beans here but I am sure you know where I am going with this......... Wink. You are right though, 70 HP on a Banshee is so easy that its ridiculously easy to acheive. At some point though, even a little more power means alot less reliability and more headache ($$$$ too). This is where I am trying to stay away from. Plus as anyone who races will tell you engine certainly isn't everything, your 37 HP cali bike runs really well and twice the power won't equal twice the speed, but it will be alot more money to rebuild etc. I prefer having the extra money to just race more and get into better shape. That's the cheapest way to be faster!

RTR380 (Jason?),

That sounds cool, I could bring my 450R down because my 330 needs a complete engine overhaul. I need the practice anyway and we can get up in Ocala later when my 330 is back up to speed. Cool

......Thanks Derek

HillKiller
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: May 30, 2006, 05:47:02 PM »

What's up guys. We're getting conflicting reports of dates for racing at ThunderBowl. We were told the 10th, but the website says  the 3rd. Anyone have any info?
   The website hasn't been updated since last December so don't pay any attention to their site.

www.SouthernDirtTrackAssociation.Com

Special thanks to my sponsor:
WareRacing Engines

Sunoco Race Fuel Distributor
5 gal pails 110,112,116
See me at the track or email me here
Hoosier Daddy
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: May 30, 2006, 06:21:46 PM »

Jason,
 im game for this weekend if anyone else is!

derek330
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: May 30, 2006, 08:18:48 PM »

ok ok  sorry i started the hp race. nevermind... Wink  the point was it will have more power whatever the number may be!! !! !!  Cool who getting uptight?Huh i am just talkin smack with everyone!!!! Smiley
« Last Edit: May 30, 2006, 08:20:21 PM by derek330 » Logged

> Mystic Motorsports<
      builder and tuner.
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: May 30, 2006, 09:30:18 PM »

Chris,

Right now I wish our bikes handled better. I have been racking my brain to try and do this and it seems like everytime I make some adjustments the track changes on me. Ocala is by FAR the most difficult track to try and dial in. It just moves around on you too much. All the more reason to just find a balaced setup and not worry too much about perfection. Last time Derek raced my bike we changed very little and still did O.K. just a little too wild I want to tame it down some and try and make it a smooth consistent racer (no spinouts) LOL. Anyways, HP isn't where its at, speed is and that is what I hope we can keep getting more of.

P.S. I am intrigued by Banshees these days. I might find one to play with and see if I can get it to work. One thing for sure 70 HP would be easy!

......Thanks Derek

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com