Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: whoop day  (Read 15759 times)
gc1008

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2004, 02:59:22 PM »

I agree with hotdog as well. We already had this topic a while back. If you don't like the whoops go to a track.That's right they have whoops too.  $50 dollars a year isn't anything to ride somewhere all year long. There are a lot of places to ride in croom without all the whoops you just have to go off the main trails. If you like the one way Trail idea that eliminates all your freedom of choice and croom isn't large enough. i've seen plenty of dumb@sses fly down the main trails and without some of the whoops you asking for serious trouble .Think of it as natures speed humps or natural selection (which ever you prefer).We ride at least twice a month if not more up there and if you expect something completely flat it's up there but not where eveyone rides.Look at the road on the way in, i'd rather have that graded more often.

my .02
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2005, 09:02:25 PM »

It's not an issue of having completely flat trails, or one way trails. However I for one would like them at least reduced in size as they are not anything like track conditions. If they were no one would want to change it. Those of us that think it needs grooming at least seem to be in the majority. If most of the people that ride Croom would like a change then your go to a track comment is over ruled. We aren't complaining about the annual fee either as it is reasonable. But we should have the right to attempt to better the riding conditions if we want. We aren't saying to raise the price to pay for it. The fee would be nominal and could be raised privately as well as the labor and equipment. And admit it or not, if it is ever done you too would enjoy not having the mountain size whoops to navigate all day. Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but that doesn't mean yours is always right. Don't try to rain on the parade. No one knows if it's possible to get this approved by the state. We are just voicing ideas about how to find out and what to do if it is approved. Constructive criticism appreciated. If you know anything from past attempts or discussions on the subject please post it.

floridaatv.com come join the fun
dreth

« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2005, 04:32:14 AM »

just a side note: i like the whoops! but not all my friends that ride with me do!
i started this post as a joke, just to see what kinda response i would get. suprised to see all the interest and effort that is willing to go into the project.
i just dewhooped a track that is a 1/4 mile long with a box blade in under 2 hours and im not an experienced operator. someone might pose the .......which equipment is best for the job question.......to an expert operator of some kind. and yes the whoops were every bit as big as croom whoops because it had not been seen to in over ten years . its not a leagal track and that is why it recieved no attention.
as far as majority rules goes, make a poll on this site asking the question .....would you rather keep the whoops at croom or get rid of them? i dont think its even close.
lets stay positive and continue to try until a decision has been made one way or the other Grin
« Last Edit: January 02, 2005, 04:52:11 AM by dreth » Logged
Big_Dave

What Ever !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: January 02, 2005, 07:07:40 AM »

Keep the whoop's, they keep the stupid people from getting stupider, this is why they sectioned off the main road with no riding sections.
gc1008

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: January 02, 2005, 09:01:43 AM »

It's amazing when dreth likes the whoops ,admits he hasn't been there in a while and started this to get us going you want to take over. I have been going  to croom since  the late 80's ,there were whoops back then as well, I think they have always been there. I've been there after the rains they aren't as bad and I've been there in the dry season when they get big. Maybe on a ds thet are mountain like but on my pos warrior  they are a not that big in size or issue.  
Croom is a very large area and you know ,if you ever get off the two lane dirt trails and actually ride in the woods it is not that bad. If it was, I think a lot more people would be offering support. My guess is they don't really care.
As far as the fees you said they could spend our money better or some of it on that.  I never brought up you using fees or said anyone wanted to raise them( I believe someone said donate). The state can do that on their own. As far as closing the park to let you all do maintenance or even certain trails, never going to happen. If you want to help out volunteer. They are always looking.
As far as my being negative about this issue that's me. I have two children, a wife and alot of friends that ride with us and the day some jack@ss hits one of them on it's not going to be a good day. It has happened almost already and that's with the way it is now. So if you don't like my opinion T.S.
You all spend all this energy on whoops , why not riding areas or education so safety wouldn't be an issue. I was there a month ago when the idiots arrived and commenced to riding on the road doing donuts and wheelies. Stupid hurts them and us(atver's) . So if you want to help start there.
So to end my rant , I didn't know I couldn't post my negative opinion but to quote a friend and my 9 year old  " whoops seperate the men from the boys "  so take your side.
dreth

« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2005, 03:13:02 PM »

It's amazing when dreth likes the whoops ,admits he hasn't been there in a while and started this to get us going you want to take over.

i was just there about 2 months ago and i said that this was kinda just a joke and im sorry if i started a sore subject but i do feel that it is a discussion none the less so everyone has their right to speak and you have been heard and point well taken.
gc1008

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2005, 04:15:47 PM »

Not that sore of a subject,  just a shame to put all that time and resource into such a trivial thing. I got the lighter side of it from the start . Some people just take it to far and then ignore the bigger issues. All this time could have been spent writing represenatives and people in charge of our future riding areas. Be happy with what you have and work towards the bigger picture. I've written the people on the links hopefully everyone else has as well.

dreth

« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2005, 04:42:04 PM »

the pic was an accident
Its_a_Jeep_thing

ITS A JEEP

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2005, 06:25:58 PM »

I run heavy equpiment and if this got approved I would be more than happy to help out... DONT RAIN ON OUR PARADE!!

You might can out run me.. but I bet you cant out mud me!!
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: January 02, 2005, 06:58:02 PM »

I think Dreth had a great idea about a poll to see how the majority goes. And if those people want to get together it's their decision. everyone has an opinion, but that doesn't mean that someone that has a different one should be negative and continue to post on a thread where most people agree and want to discuss a topic. I agree about the need for better education and training for beginers, but turning the whoops from mountains into mole hills will not make or prevent accidents. My friend was hit by a 14 year old on a 300 ex not looking and paying attention. my friend was unable to ride for quite a while and needed surgery to fix his hand. Yes it was a bad day, but had nothing to do with whoops. like has been said don't rain on our parade. if we want to look into improving croom and put our time, money , and energy into it you should leave it alone. you have posted you 2 cents. enough said. we respect that , but you should also respect the opinions of others that may differ from yours. if you don't agree with the obvious consensus of this thread don't read or post. If you do please do it constructively even if you don't agree. Be respectful. If that bothers you start a negative attitude, pro-whoop, dictator run post of your own. Roll Eyes

Hot_Dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: January 02, 2005, 07:17:14 PM »

Here's a suggestion put your time and energy into a gym membership and your money into new shocks.If you ride at Croom and don't get sore you have not rode hard enough.   Grin

I may be last ,but I look good !
Michelle
Supreme Member

Bumper {~,~}

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2005, 05:12:02 PM »

If ppl are serious about this get ahold of Tammy at Croom.

Was told FTR does alot of volunteer work out there,by the Park Ranger.He said that would be another way of going about it.Maybe get w/them,is what he said.

I went,I asked,now I'm out ;DIm not gettin' into some big pow-wow Tongue
dreth

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2005, 02:44:19 AM »

how are things going?
dreth

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2005, 02:45:25 AM »

how are things going?
Michelle
Supreme Member

Bumper {~,~}

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: January 08, 2005, 06:46:24 PM »

I know Dreth has posted ,and I know I postED before that.BUT I CANT see a damn thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
450R_Matt
Supreme Member

TRX 250R #18

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: January 09, 2005, 06:46:50 AM »

Huh

Proud to still own one of the badest quads ever built
               The Honda TRX250R
Got rid of the 4 poke and resurrected another dinosaur
shadow

Whatever

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #41 on: January 09, 2005, 07:01:47 AM »

Better yet spend some of that $50 per bike per year and rent a few bobcats and level them all in a weekend without breaking a sweat. Now that would make Merry Christmas for thousands of riders. But then the ACLU and a few anti religion nuts would scream that there is no seperation of church and state and sue to close the whole park down. Danged if you do and whooped if you don't. Ahh America..... land of the free, home of the brave, and tolerant of everyone but the mass majority that constitutes most of it's citizens, founders and their ideals. Put up a manger scene and you get sued, picketed, threatened, mocked, and slandered, but rob someone and trip while running from the cops and get money from the county because there was a pot hole in your get away route.
I apologize as I didn't initially intend to hijack your post, but....

VERRY WELL SAID!!!! I appreciate the flow of words, THANKS,good to know some one feels the way I do.

-Jeff/Shadowmman

01 Rubi- 589's, c-snorkel,un-locker,HL lift kit, lift springs,jetted,HMF exhaust .

Her 05' Rancher 350- 589's on rear,nice rear!
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: January 09, 2005, 07:05:07 AM »

Sorry to be so negative, but if I'm paying $50 to ride there.
They need to fix it. I have never been to an MX track with fees that "you" have to maintain.

How about just a Croom boycott? If they don't fix it, don't ride there. I'm sure one season with less $$$ will make them  listen.
Unlike Ocala Croom is privately owned....
« Last Edit: January 09, 2005, 07:06:52 AM by mars » Logged

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
cain73
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #43 on: January 09, 2005, 08:12:37 AM »

My opinions are obvious, but I think a poll is in order to see what other members think. This is not something that can or should be done by a few. Take a poll and see if there is a consensus and if anyone is interested in getting together on a cooperative effort to do something.

Michelle,
I tried that email you sent me (before you went to croom) but it came back saying it was not valid.

gc1008

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: January 09, 2005, 11:33:41 AM »

I agree with mars .Even though it's not privately owned and every track you ride has a gate and race fee(wonder what they are for?)Everyone should boycott it until they  fix them. Thanks in advance and flame on. Wink

See Cain I can be positive Grin
dreth

« Reply #45 on: January 09, 2005, 03:07:45 PM »

ok , im not a computer guy so who knows how to start this pole and maybe even a petition like they are doing for the squares down south. there is strenght in numbers.
dreth

« Reply #46 on: January 09, 2005, 03:11:06 PM »

i just voted
Hot_Dog

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: January 09, 2005, 05:45:27 PM »

Boycott thats a good ideal.Less people in the way.If they close Croom I still have a place to ride. Grin

I may be last ,but I look good !
Michelle
Supreme Member

Bumper {~,~}

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: January 09, 2005, 07:04:21 PM »

My opinions are obvious, but I think a poll is in order to see what other members think. This is not something that can or should be done by a few. Take a poll and see if there is a consensus and if anyone is interested in getting together on a cooperative effort to do something.

Michelle,
I tried that email you sent me (before you went to croom) but it came back saying it was not valid.

Hum,I have givin that e-mail to several ppl.And have recieved e-mail back.Dont know why it didnt work with you.Here it is again,not sure when I will be going back.I'm wright in the middle of moving.But please send it to me and I'll put it to good use when I do go back.

mdh58789@earthlink.net
Mars
Supreme Member

When I feel athletic, I go to a sports bar.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: January 10, 2005, 07:30:34 PM »

I agree with mars .Even though it's not privately owned and every track you ride has a gate and race fee(wonder what they are for?)Everyone should boycott it until they  fix them. Thanks in advance and flame on. Wink

See Cain I can be positive Grin

Poor wording on my part.. I ment I pay fees at the local tracks but I don't have to pick up shovel there.

I was wrong about it being private or contracted out. They are just screwing you like at B.C. ($50)

04 Z400
99 Foreman 450s, AKA The Pig.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com