Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skunk Ape  (Read 17775 times)
m0n5teR

What the heck is a polaris??????

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2004, 07:19:35 AM »

One time in band camp!!!! Heh seriously tho.Years ago down south when most of Homestead Fla city was mostly swampland my father and I had a strange encounter just like the rest of you.We were fishing and where prolly 100yds apart and when it happened to me I got so spooked that I ran to the truck.Few minutes later my dad ran to the truck threw his tackle down and fired  up the engine.When we passed the spot I saw him look in the woods.He didnt say nothing most of the trip home till I brought up if he had any wierd experience.He asked me why and I told him that I felt I was being watched and smelled a very foul odor.He then told me he had the same thing happen to him.Realy wierd to bad we never seen what it was.

Take me Drunk,I'm home!!!!!!
ironside

ignorance is a bad thing!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2004, 07:43:02 AM »

I dated a girl once who's father was an officer with the WFC. He told me that he was sitting in the forest one night watching for poachers and around 2 am he heard something moving through the trees. He said a two legged "thing" ran across the tram road in front of his truck and into a swamp on the other side. The moon was right and he could see it well enough to know it was hairy and not human. He said he tracked it as far as he could but lost it in the swamp. He said he remembers the smell it gave off was very strong and musky.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 07:43:48 AM by kfx400 » Logged
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2004, 08:18:39 AM »

5 years ago I was doing invasive plant control in the water catchment area of west palm " swamp "  it is a protected area most people are not allowed .I was on one of the larger islands " thousands " and I heard a very strange low pitch growl " not a gator or a hog " I have always swore it must have been a bear .With machete in hand i went lookin, not the first track . I hve thousands of hours leading working crews in the swamps of south fl , and I only heard it once . This is not a lie .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: December 03, 2004, 10:18:33 AM »

Thats it, I'm not letting my feet hang off the bed at night anymore. I will also get a running start, flip the light switch and dive from the doorway into bed. Cheesy

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: December 03, 2004, 02:32:25 PM »

If you think that strange listen to this, one day me and a couple my friends (jack and Johnny) we when hunting in big Cypress Swamp, after a few hour walking in the swamp it started to get dark. We found a place to make camp (about 6 miles in from loop road) in a nice wood part of the swamp. There was no moon very dark. I make a fire and started to cook. Then it started! I heard the strangest sound, noise like someone walking. I had this feeling that some one was watching me. The fire started to spin around. I started to go to the tent to get Johnny, but I fell down next to the tent. Went I woke up the morning I lost one of my friends Jack. My head was hurting bad, I looked down and next to the tent and I found Jack empty. But I still had Johnny Walker in the tent. Grin Grin
« Last Edit: December 03, 2004, 04:39:23 PM by hell-blaster » Logged

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
acceler8or

03 Raptor no competition!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: December 03, 2004, 06:53:48 PM »

it kinda looks loke this guy Dave I know who lives in lake county???
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: December 06, 2004, 06:37:45 PM »

well one night i was sitting in my house in new york before i moved here. the fire was burning, snowing outside and then i heard the strangest noise on my roof! then it sounded like it was coming in the house i started freakin out!!!! and then there he was, big white hairy face, red suit, holy .... its santa clause!!!! i gave him my milk and cookies.
stretchy

Wild Turkey, Not just for breakfast anymore!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: December 06, 2004, 06:47:04 PM »

well one night i was sitting in my house in new york before i moved here. the fire was burning, snowing outside and then i heard the strangest noise on my roof! then it sounded like it was coming in the house i started freakin out!!!! and then there he was, big white hairy face, red suit, holy .... its santa clause!!!! i gave him my milk and cookies.

Yeah. A big fat guy tried to break into my house last year too.
 Got him w/ the A.K. Grin
Bush Hog

A pair of '04 330 Outlanders

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: December 06, 2004, 07:21:17 PM »

it kinda looks loke this guy Dave I know who lives in lake county???

Looks like most of the guys that live in Lake County! Shocked
big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: December 07, 2004, 04:46:59 AM »

NYRAPTOR, thats a good one.  Grin

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
grits4x4

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: December 08, 2004, 12:21:01 PM »

Well i def. think ive seen the skunk ape...

One night my friend and I drove out to the haunted house off miller *when it was there* and as we were leaving.. at the same time we both looked at one another and asked if we had seen what we thought we had just seen... what we saw running in the ditch right next to my truck was a huge black and brown hairy animal... it was all slouched down and kinda running like a gorrilla would.. now if that aint the Skunk Ape then i dont know what in the world it could be...
NYRAPTOR
Supreme Member

9/11/01 Never Forget

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: December 08, 2004, 06:06:20 PM »

mike tyson? he is a large bulking scary man
m0n5teR

What the heck is a polaris??????

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: December 09, 2004, 04:28:49 PM »

Hey big Daddy you know where the Ochoppe post office is just past turner river road?I seen a speial a while back about skunkape sightings in that area.I thought I found a skunk ape until a black bear  came crashing through a head one time.

Take me Drunk,I'm home!!!!!!
Robert4570

« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2005, 08:02:21 PM »

I know the ochopee skunkape personally , he's a smart critter who knows when not to show himself  for fear of being shot ie:hunting season.
He , I mean it made a mad dash across turner river road back in July 1997 in front of a van loaded with foreign  tourists and scared the crap out of them. That generated all kinds of attention with the local media.

He , I mean it ran across Burns Rd during that same period and slowed down enough for a pic to be taken.

Heck ,here is his website - http://www.skunkape.info/

The skunkape wears high top converse sneakers for runnin'
My $.02
« Last Edit: January 22, 2005, 05:02:06 PM by Robert4570 » Logged
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com