Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ExxonMobil  (Read 8167 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 27, 2006, 06:09:46 PM »

On the news they just said the ExxonMobil had a PROFIT(not sale, but actual profit) of just over $8billion in the 1st quarter of this year. I absolutely can't believe that. And they can't come off the prices at all?

I am calling and canceling my ExxonMobil credit card tomorrow.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2006, 06:18:33 PM »

Yup just sent in my $456 payment for last month to them!!!!!!!

Problem is you by from these third world nation gas-convienience store stations & you never know where your $$$ are going.At least w/big oil it stays in some fat rich guys account in USA instead of some terrorist training camp?Huh?

Gotta have it (fuel) Cry

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2006, 06:36:01 PM »

My ExxonMobil is just a MasterCard. I have a company Chevron card that I use for fuel.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
MJLands.com
Contributing Member Plus

Don't HATE - Participate!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2006, 06:38:11 PM »

This is a bit legthy, but it was sent to me via email and it makes a lot more sense tand last years "Don't buy gas on Thursday" deal:

Remember also...Do Not Buy Citgo either since Chavez wants to put America under.

READ THIS AND DO THIS!!!!!

This was originally sent by a retired Coca Cola
executive It came from one of his engineer buddies
who retired from Halliburton. It's worth your
consideration.

Join the resistance!!!! I hear we are going to hit
close to $ 4.00 a gallon by next summer and it might
go higher!! Want gasoline prices to come down? We
need to take some intelligent, united action.

Phillip Hollsworth offered this good idea. This makes
MUCH MORE SENSE than the "don't buy gas on a certain
day" campaign that was going around last April or May!
The oil companies just laughed at that because they
knew we wouldn't continue to "hurt" ourselves by
refusing to buy gas. It was more of an inconvenience
to us than it was a problem for them. BUT, whoever
thought of this idea, has come up with a plan that can
really work. Please read on and join with us!

By now you're probably thinking gasoline priced at
about $1.50 is super cheap. Me too! It is currently
$2.79 for regular unleaded in my town. Now that the
oil companies and the OPEC nations have conditioned us
to think that the cost of a gallon of gas is CHEAP at
$1.50 - $1.75, we need to take aggressive action to
teach them that BUYERS control the marketplace..not
sellers. With the price of gasoline going up more each
day, we consumers need to take action. The only way we
are going to see the price of gas come down is if we
hit someone in the pocketbook by not purchasing their
gas! And, we can do that WITHOUT hurting ourselves.
How?

Since we all rely on our cars, we can't just stop
buying gas. But we CAN have an impact on gas prices if
we all act together to force a price war.

Here's the idea: For the rest of this year, DON'T
purchase ANY gasoline from the two biggest companies
(which now are one), EXXON and MOBIL. If they are not
selling any gas, they will be inclined to reduce their
prices. If they reduce their prices, the other
companies will have to follow suit. But to have an
impact, we need to reach literally millions of Exxon
and Mobil gas buyers. It's really simple to do! Now,
don't wimp out on me at this point...keep reading and
I'll explain how simple it is to reach millions of
people!!

I am sending this note to 30 people. If each of us
send it to at least ten more (30 x 10 = 300) ... and
those 300 send it to at least ten more (300 x 10 =
3,000)...and so on, by the time the message reaches
the sixth group of people, we will have reached over
THREE MILLION consumers.

If those three million get excited and pass this on to
ten friends each, then 30 million people will have
been contacted! If it goes one level further, you
guessed it..... THREE HUNDRED MILLION PEOPLE!!!

Again, all you have to do is send this to 10 people.
That's all!
(If you don't understand how we can reach 300 million
and all you have to do is send this to 10 people....
Well, let's face it, you just aren't a mathematician.
But I am so trust me on this one.) :-)

How long would all that take? If each of us sends

this
e-mail out to ten more people within one day of
receipt, all 300 MILLION people could conceivably be
contacted within the next 8 days!!! I'll bet you
didn't think you and I had that much potential, did
you! Acting together we can make a difference.

If this makes sense to you, please pass this message
on. I suggest that we not buy from EXXON/MOBIL UNTIL
THEY LOWER THEIR PRICES TO THE $1.30 RANGE AND KEEP
THEM DOWN. THIS CAN REALLY WORK

River Ranch....Access to 70 square miles of the BEST Recreational Property in Florida!
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2006, 06:44:15 PM »

Ive seen that a bunch.Problem is you will get 1 out of 100000 to do it.USA is a pig when it comes to fuel,everyone bitches & nobody does nothing about it!!!!!!

That is why EXXON boasts 8bil............ Free enterprise.........

Why did we go to Iraq?Huh??

We should be sucking that country dry...They pay 10 cent gal & Im sure the US troops pay $4 at the local 7-11 over there.

Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2006, 06:52:23 PM »

they made 8 billion but the goverment made 16 billion on the tax they put on it, gas company makes 9 cents per gallon profit while the federal goverment taxes it 18 cents per gallon, then your state taxes it some more , then epa taxes, it.......... it never ends. Don't be mad at the oil companies be mad at the goverment for taxing it so high  Sad
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 07:33:34 PM by Prairie Master » Logged

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »

they made 8 billion but the goverment made 16 billion on the tax they put on it, gas company makes 9 cents per gallon profit while the federal goverment taxes it 18 cents per gallon, then your state taxes it some more , then epa taxes, it.......... it never ends. Don't be made at the oil companies be made at the goverment for taxing it so high  Sad
The gas company or the gas station makes 9cents a gallon? I can tell you the gas companies make more than 9cents.

AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2006, 07:06:36 PM »

Exxon reportedly paid 15% of that 8 billion as dividends to their shareholders, 30% to exploration/research for alternative energy solutions and 40% to buy back Exxon stock(which is mostly then "paid" to Exxon's top executives as incentives/bonuses). Bend over!

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2006, 07:12:16 PM »

they made 8 billion but the goverment made 16 billion on the tax they put on it, gas company makes 9 cents per gallon profit while the federal goverment taxes it 18 cents per gallon, then your state taxes it some more , then epa taxes, it.......... it never ends. Don't be made at the oil companies be made at the goverment for taxing it so high  Sad
The gas company or the gas station makes 9cents a gallon? I can tell you the gas companies make more than 9cents.

Tell me???

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2006, 07:26:51 PM »

The CEO of EXXON (retired) was raking in the cash,  something like $690million a year(190,000.00 a day) SO ah,,, can you say price gouge
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2006, 07:27:04 PM »

Tell me???

well dang, you can't expect me to back up my comments. I just know they make more than 9cents profit. I would believe the gas stations make 9cents profit, but not the big companies. If they can sell gas for $0.14 ins ome countries then I know it does not cost $2.44 to make a gallon of oil +.37 tax, +.09 profit + .10 profit for the station =$3.00  I just know they make more than 9cents a gallon.

Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2006, 07:39:23 PM »

something like $690million a year(190,000.00 a day) SO ah,,, can you say price gouge

Something like Huh? All I'm saying don't be mad at the gas companies there in it to make money , no one was complaining when they weren't making any money its all supply and demand . Blame the EPA for not letting us drill or make more refinieries, or making special blends in fuel. Blame the Federal and local goverment for taxing it so much. I drive a dually ,so I feel it at the pump to

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:00 PM »

Here is a good link for ya

http://www.gaspricewatch.com/usgastaxes.asp

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: April 27, 2006, 07:42:36 PM »

something like $690million a year(190,000.00 a day) SO ah,,, can you say price gouge

Something like Huh? All I'm saying don't be mad at the gas companies there in it to make money , no one was complaining when they weren't making any money its all supply and demand . Blame the EPA for not letting us drill or make more refinieries, or making special blends in fuel. Blame the Federal and local goverment for taxing it so much. I drive a dually ,so I feel it at the pump to

I believe it is the gov't and the companies fault. They need to work together and solve the problems. I agree we need to drill on our own land and not depend on foreign oil.

duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: April 27, 2006, 09:16:46 PM »

Anyone ever think about the link between the Govt. and the American oil companies??? Alot of same names pop up when comparing the two. Why is it that electric, phone, water and insurance providers, heck even dairies, are all controlled by the govt. when it comes to pricing? Yeah I know about the "free market" crap, but maybe it's time American oil companies should be governed as  those listed above are. The govt. controls, or at least tries to, Wal-Mart, Microsoft, cable and phone companies to avoid monopolies while the oil companies join foeces to form a new form of "poly-monopoly" so to speak! Oh well all I gotta do is sell my 1 year old truck and go out and buy a "hybrid" car or "alternative fuel" car with my gobbs of money that the govt seems to beleive I have. But wait ethanol is not allowed to be sold in florida, hmm? What to do?
tileman

Work Hard but Play Harder

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 09:31:41 PM »

Here is my opinion and remember it is just an opinion but I don't think that we would have enough gas from the smaller oil companies if everyone decide th boycott exxon and exxon would probably just sell to the other companies to fill there demand. and if that didn't happen gas would go even higher and with 8 billion profit exxon could just wait us out

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 10:16:45 PM »

Well everybody that voted for bush give yourself a big pat on the back , you did real good  Wink I guess you didn't remember when bush sr. was in office and gas prices went crazy back in 1990. I remember, I couldn't afford to make it to the races just like now. It went from 89 cents to $1.60 a gallon in a matter of a couple months. Sounds familiar! Maybe they need another tax break. Foot in Mouth

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
Prairie Master

internationaloffroad.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:23:29 PM »

Well everybody that voted for bush give yourself a big pat on the back , you did real good  Wink I guess you didn't remember when bush sr. was in office and gas prices went crazy back in 1990. I remember, I couldn't afford to make it to the races just like now. It went from 89 cents to $1.60 a gallon in a matter of a couple months. Sounds familiar! Maybe they need another tax break. Foot in Mouth

Had a war then and have a war now , all those tanks humvees and aircraft need fuel - again we go back to supply and demand

02 Prairie 650
04 Ozark 250
05 Rancher 350
06 Polaris 50 
01 KTM 380
04 Gear Box
03 F350
05 Magnum
76 wife
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 10:20:30 AM »

I no longer buy my gas from exxon or mobil. I get it from BP or Sunoco. The only time I may get gas is when I mix my gas for my race car.  But other than that that's it. I hope those CEO's die of carbon monoxide. -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 10:38:31 AM »

In regards to the email that MJLANDS received "don't buy gas from Exxon/Mobil"  - Correct me if I am wrong but the point of that is if we don't buy gas from Exxon/Mobil they will be forced to lower their prices right? Am I alone that I just don't see how that could happen.  Huh In my opinion if we do that aren't we then going to have a shortage with the other companies Shell,Texaco,7-11 and so on? That will force their prices up to due to supply and demand. So we would really be hurting ourselves. Remember this is just my opinion.

Just a side note as well - There are several people in this country that still boycott Exxon/Mobil since the Exxon Valdez oil spill - that has had no effect on their business why would this??

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
Old_School
Supreme Member

It ain't fast without mixed gas....

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 03:15:50 PM »

In regards to the email that MJLANDS received "don't buy gas from Exxon/Mobil"  - Correct me if I am wrong but the point of that is if we don't buy gas from Exxon/Mobil they will be forced to lower their prices right? Am I alone that I just don't see how that could happen.  Huh In my opinion if we do that aren't we then going to have a shortage with the other companies Shell,Texaco,7-11 and so on? That will force their prices up to due to supply and demand. So we would really be hurting ourselves. Remember this is just my opinion.

Just a side note as well - There are several people in this country that still boycott Exxon/Mobil since the Exxon Valdez oil spill - that has had no effect on their business why would this??

I believe the thought process behind that is cause Exxon/Mobil owns the majority of the market. If they start to see a gradual decline in sales then they may lower their prices in which could set a trend in the whole oil market.  But I don't think it would cause a shortage in gas with the other companies. They are all getting from the same place. -Mark

90' LT500R Quadzilla
Breathing fire and crushing cities

92' LT250R Quadracer
Some stuff done. 75+mph (Sold)

"When this baby hits 88 mph, you're gonna see some serious $%#!" - Christopher Lloyd
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 03:29:20 PM »

The problem is the Oil companies have become a Monopoly.  There used to be 15 American Oil companies which helped keep the market competitive.  Now there are like 5.  Clinton allowed them to merge.  Big Mistake.  I don't buy the whole supply and demand theory because all you have to do to fix it is pump more oil from the ground globally.  It costs the same amount to pump oil out of the ground today as it did 20 years ago.  Plus it's mostly our market that is being affected by high oil prices.  Europe and other countries are not experienceing gas increases like us.  The reason the prices are so high is because some pencil pushing white collar wall street analyst is telling the 5 oil companies what the price of a barrel of oil should be.  It's only taken Bush six years to finally start doing something about it only because of public outcry.  Were getting raped.
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 06:17:24 PM »

Hey what about this idea? Send the 10 to 12 million illegal immigrants from Mexico home to relieve the high consumption of gas in the US. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be able to afford a car in Mexico, let alone the cost of gas there. Gas is more expensive in Mexico than here. Heck send the couple of million illegals from asia back and while we're at it all illegal immigrants and see if that helps!
450rcrazy

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 06:41:23 PM »

IN BRAZIL GAS IS 13CENTS PER GALLON.THE COUNTRIES GOVERMENT OWNS ALL OF THE DRILLING RIGS AND PROCESSING PLANTS.TOTALLY SELF SUFFICIANT NOT RELYING ON ANY FORIGN OIL.DOES ANY BODY REMEMBER THE BUILDING OF THE ALASKA PIPE LINE BACK IN THE 70'S ,WHERE IS THAT OIL GOING? DID YOU HEAR CASTRO IS PAYING CHINA TO BUILD A OIL RIG OFF THE COAST OF CUBA, BETWEEN KEY WEST AND CUBA TO BE MORE EXACT.GOOD THING ENVIROMENTALIST BLOCKED THE DRILLING OFF THE COAST OF FLORIDA,SAVED ALL THE OIL FOR CASTRO. Angry
Alba450
Supreme Member

When in doubt lock em' up!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 06:47:54 PM »

What you expect guys a Cowboy is running the Country TskTsk

Thanks to my Sponsors at.....

***OMF Performance***
***Liquid Performance***
***Fasst Flexx Handlebars***
***Laeger's Racing***
***AMSOIL Racing***
***VORTEX Racing***
***PowerMadd Handgaurds***

"Your mom? Yeah I know her. She took more shots in the mouth than Stallone in Rocky III"
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com