Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: AM I ALONE HERE???  (Read 1421 times)
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2006, 11:03:58 PM »

Guys, I just read the latest issue of atv rider. I read the shootout with the Bombardier 650xt, the rinicon, Prarie, Girzzly, and the King Quad. And if you didnt read it then thats the finishing order starting with the Bomb in first. FIRST OF ALL, a girzzly that hasn't had any updates in years beats out a quad that was raved about by every magazine and was somebodys atv of year?!? I mean COME ON! Dont get me wrong, I dont got anything aginst the grizz. Its just that i don't know how it beat the king quad.. Anyway something else that  Angry Evil Angry Evil Angry Evil me off was the fact that these guys dont have a clue on how to evaluate these machines. If you noticed every quad got a whole paragraph about its handling. The other two were for power and why it got the place it did. Well, lets see, they never once mentioned towing capicity, rack capacity, they were very brief about the 4wd systems, and they hardly said anything about ground clerance or stuff like that. But im not sayin handling isnt important. But it shouldn't be the decidng factor for this group of machines. Its like havin a YFZ vs 450r shootout and them talking about how they did in the mud and what they could tow.. Makes no sense. Im actually glad not to see a polaris in the shootout because they would have ripped it from the winch to the rear diff... Now do i sound like a raving looney here. Mabye im the only one that is thiking this. Anyway tell me either way. And if you havent read the test go get May's copy of ATV RIDER. It has the new quadracer on it. Please read it and tell me what you think.

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2006, 08:39:13 AM »

First off, I never beleive any of these reveiws becasue who ever gives them the most advertising and puts the most money in the peoples pockets that are doing the test is always gonna come out on top. Another thing is that I assure you that these people do not get out there and ride like any one of us and they are always using new quads for the test. How about using 3 or 4 year old quads that been rode as hard as we ride. I own a polaris and consider it to be one of the top of the line quads. Now that being said, I also beleive that if you purchase a top of the line brand ( Honda, Kawasaki, Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Suzuki, Bombadier or Polaris ) you will probably be happy with it and if you service it regularly you will get good service out of it. There is no brand on here that you will not have to work on over time. I know the ins and outs of a polaris and it serves me well so thats all I will ever own.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2006, 09:13:12 AM »

MadMudder - sounds like you have a king quad. If you do, and you're happy with it, who cares what the magazine says. Doesn't affect you or your bike.

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2006, 04:53:34 PM »

Good.. Im not alone. Yunt your right. All of these  quads are good and my dad owns a polaris and i have personally put 700 or so miles on it alone and it is great. And another friend of mine has a 96 sportsman 500 with near 5000 miles on it and it still runs fine. But allot of people that read these magazines probably dont ride these quads so they base their oppion on a quad by how it did. Plus it makes one company look allot better than another. Anyway Alter I wish I had a king quad....

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2006, 05:11:02 PM »

I would have to agree that yamaha is outdated in their utility division. I highly doubt they up their utilitys much any time soon. Because most companys focus on their sport division.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com