Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Power motorsports  (Read 9480 times)
tileman

Work Hard but Play Harder

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 18, 2006, 07:02:31 PM »

I use to look forward to going to look at new quads, but I feel that here in Lakeland we have choose between bad or worse. I chose bad. I have been told so many lies about warranty work and dealer setup fees that I am very disappointed. I bought a new 06 raptor 350 about five weeks ago and I had a few little problems nothing major, but even though it is under warranty i have to pay 93 dollars just to have it looked at. I was able to deal my setup fee down to 150. when it was new. My wife had so much fun riding mine she bought a 250 ltz suzuki so she wouldn't have to mess with a clutch. They had a manufactures rebate on the quad and I told them I wanted the same deal on the setup fee and they told me I was crazy they have never done that before, and I told them the manufactures rebate had nothing to do with there setup fee and they still argued about the setup fee price until they pulled out my paper work on the raptor. All I have to say is beware of these people. One more point that still bothers me is while I there a couple of weeks a go buying and oil filter a little old lady came in asking for directions (they're right along the interstate and the old couple was lost) when she ask for direction the punk salemans kind of made fun of her and told her they never heard of the rv dealer they were looking for. I gave them a dirty look and gave her directions. That's my whole experience in a nut shell. Sorry I just had to let off a little steam.

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2006, 07:09:36 PM »

time to find youreself another dealer to deal with, or a local shop.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
tileman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2006, 07:14:39 PM »

I have worked on a lot of cars but never a small engine I guess it is time to learn. my brother says there is nothing to it but he is 1400 mile away

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
tileman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:29:49 PM »

I will keep that in mind. I know where cycles unlimited is and I will do that next time. Iprobably should have kept my mouth shut tonight, my rator is sitting down there right now.

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
Eruption

yo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2006, 04:10:33 PM »

We bought our first 2 quads from them in Lake Wales. Then we found ARS in Okeechobee, its worth the drive. As far as service goto Cycles Unlimited in Winter Haven across from the McD's on Lake Howard. Sky powersports quoted me $7100 out the door on an 06 Wolvering and I got it for $5800 out the door at ARS.

+1 for ARS Thumbs Up

I got my GSXR 600 from ARS for 8200.00 OTD.  Sky in Hudson quoted me 11000.00  OTD for the same bike!  It is well worth the trip down there and they deal with Honda, Suzuki and Yamaha
« Last Edit: April 20, 2006, 04:12:50 PM by Eruption » Logged
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2006, 07:35:48 PM »

i have had work done at sky in lake wales!!!  Thumbs Down Thumbs Down Thumbs Down dive as far away from them as possible!!! they are terrible!

tileman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2006, 09:24:07 PM »

PICKED IT UP TONIGHT. THEY CHARGED ME 223. FOR WHAT I THOUGHT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WARRANTY WORK. THEY SAID NOTHING ON THE BIKE IS REALLY COVERED BY THE WARRANTY BECAUSE IF YAMAHA SAYS THAT IT IS A PART THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DAMAGED BY ME THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO COVER IT. I TOLD THEM IT WAS STILL NEW, STILL HAS THE HAIR ON THE FRONT TIRES, THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T TELL HOW IT HAS BEEN TREATED. PAID MY BILL AND LEARNED MY LESSON

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
Holeshot36

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2006, 08:25:36 PM »

PICKED IT UP TONIGHT. THEY CHARGED ME 223. FOR WHAT I THOUGHT SHOULD HAVE BEEN WARRANTY WORK. THEY SAID NOTHING ON THE BIKE IS REALLY COVERED BY THE WARRANTY BECAUSE IF YAMAHA SAYS THAT IT IS A PART THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DAMAGED BY ME THEY DIDN'T HAVE TO COVER IT. I TOLD THEM IT WAS STILL NEW, STILL HAS THE HAIR ON THE FRONT TIRES, THEY SAID THEY COULDN'T TELL HOW IT HAS BEEN TREATED. PAID MY BILL AND LEARNED MY LESSON
What was wrong with it?
tileman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2006, 07:53:55 PM »

VALVES SEEM NOISEY WHEN HOT AND CLUTCH WON'T DISENGAGE WHEN COLD

02 Chevy 2500 HD 4x4
06 Raptor 350
06 Suzuki 250 LTZ
(2)05 Yamoto 110
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2006, 08:37:15 PM »

VALVES SEEM NOISEY WHEN HOT AND CLUTCH WON'T DISENGAGE WHEN COLD

I'd have to say that you could probably handle the small engines preety well.  I think all you would have had to have done was take a look and see if the valves were adjusted to spec, which isn't hard after the first time, but it really is nothing.  As for the clutch not letting go when cold, I think that clutch plates are just naturally sticky to each other when cold.  Maybe a different oil can help that, or just letting the clutch break in and wear a tad, maybe check the slack on the clutch cable.  All I'm trying to say is that it isn't too hard to learn some of the basics around a quad, and that they probably charged you alot for not doing much, sorry about that though, good luck to ya with future dealers or with work you do yourself.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2006, 09:10:32 PM »

I've bought 3 bikes from them and they've treated me well in the sales dept. But I used to ride Streetbikes with alot of the guys there. I have a year left on my warranty and have taken it to them twice and had to pay nothing. My only gripe is that they had my bike for a month to replace the swingarm and 2 months for an electrical problem. Called them and told them my younger cousin was in the market for a bike and they put him on a LTR450 for $7600 OTD. He also purchased the 3 year extended  warranty.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
the/4/horsemen

life is so beautiful when riding

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: May 18, 2006, 02:03:36 PM »

look guys i live in miami and near the cutler ridge area the honda dealer hear don,t even pay attention to you unless you have wades of cash in your hand hear we go i walked in with my dad and started looking at the yfz450 and my dad was looking at the rancher350 i had to go up front and ask for some help on prices and then when the guy was done giving us the prices he just turned his back and walked away while i was telling him something i never let nobody treat me like that or my dad but little did this f$@king $tupid a$$ know we were ready to buy two bikes the honda shop in us1 and cutler ridge don,t ever go there they are major pricks there Grind

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: May 18, 2006, 05:25:30 PM »

As I have posted before, Amber at A.R.S. POWERSPORTS is the only way to go, they are well worth the drive....

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
the/4/horsemen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2006, 05:31:24 PM »

As I have posted before, Amber at A.R.S. POWERSPORTS is the only way to go, they are well worth the drive....
               thanks for the info dude ill look them up

2006 roketa 250 water colled (mine) 2005suzuki king quad 700 snorkel,winch,rims,tires (mybrothers)
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2006, 07:15:20 PM »

A.R.S. POWERSPORTS #800-356-8973   located in okeechobee

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2006, 11:14:59 AM »

I stopped in to sky Powersports last Tuesday to look @ Rhino's, I had been @ RR so I was a little dirty and had on shorts (not a pretty sight I am sure) but I spent 15 to 20 mins ther looking @ the Rhino's and everyone looked @ me and walked by...no one even said we will be with you in a minute. I guess they thought I could not afford one?   mayby they are right Roll Eyes

I did buy my King Quad @ Riders Advantage in Sebring (the sister store to A.R.S.) and also just bought a 7000 watt Honda Genny from them, A+ Kelly you always take good care of me.

GHC motorsports in Lake Placid also did a great job for me on the purchase of my wifes polaris 500 H.O. Wink
« Last Edit: May 19, 2006, 11:17:59 AM by SWAMP_DONKEY » Logged
the/4/horsemen

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2006, 11:18:23 AM »

just found out that my brother did buy his 2005 king quad 700cc from a.r.s. yea he told me they are awsome

Mulchman

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2006, 10:09:00 AM »

As BIGSCRB15 said, for service Cycles Unlimited can't be beat. Shane the owner is a straight up guy and one that I consider a friend. His people are some of the best there is. I will spend more money to get my quads repaired there than to go somewhere else. His service is that good.

The good life is just an ATV ride away !!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com