Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Wife's new bike 2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700  (Read 15372 times)
Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: April 22, 2006, 12:41:11 AM »

We just got back from riding it tonight, rained out in Okeechobee but we still had a good time.  We enjoyed the ride except were she stopped short in a ditch and I ran into her with the Rincon.  No mark on her bike but I dented the front bumper on my bike, oh well that the way it goes sometimes.  Her steering is very easy on her bike is it the same on your?  We were thinking about getting a steering stabilizer, do you know one that will fit?

Thanks!

click on picture to make it a bit larger!

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: April 22, 2006, 12:43:30 AM by Bullseye21 » Logged

2006 Honda Rincon 680 Camo w/GPS, ITP 26" XTR's with C-Series Type 7 rims, Warn bumper,
2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700 Red, ITP 26" 589 with C-Series Type 5 rims, Warn winch 2.5ci, Ricochet "A" arm guards
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: April 22, 2006, 06:26:20 AM »

You'll love the KQ. By far it is the best bang for the buck on the big Utes. Is that RL400's  old KQ?

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 22, 2006, 05:33:43 PM »

I don't know rl400, I got the bike from the Honda dealer in Stuart.  What do you know about the steering.  It is extreamly easy and the bar in a hard turn want to keep coming around, any info?

2006 Honda Rincon 680 Camo w/GPS, ITP 26" XTR's with C-Series Type 7 rims, Warn bumper,
2005 Suzuki Kingquad 700 Red, ITP 26" 589 with C-Series Type 5 rims, Warn winch 2.5ci, Ricochet "A" arm guards
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: April 22, 2006, 08:10:45 PM »

Yes the steering on the k/q is the easiest of the big bore quads. Denton is supposed to be making a stabilizer for the k/q, but at this time the only thing available is to take one for the Z400 and grind the bracket to fit the stem on the k/q. There is a steering mod that some owners have done, it actually changes the caster angle. Do a search on "Nyroc" there is alot of helpful info for the k/q in the tech section aswell as the forum.

Jeff

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: April 22, 2006, 08:22:46 PM »

You'll love the KQ. By far it is the best bang for the buck on the big Utes. Is that RL400's  old KQ?

Yeah that looks like Git r done700 (RL400)'s Dad's k/q. They traded it in on their street bikes. That quad barley saw a mud puddle it was real clean !

Jeff

Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2006, 08:30:47 PM »

Story I got from the dealer is the bike was only used for hunting, it had the Georgia red dust on it when I got the bike.  After I cleaned it up it really looked new.  40 hours and 386 miles.....  Thanks for the info about the steering.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2006, 01:50:02 AM by Bullseye21 » Logged

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2006, 08:37:14 PM »

No, the red clay came from their trip to durhamtown, Georgia  which I believe was the last ride they did, that quad never saw a hunt. That's funny.

Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: April 23, 2006, 12:09:26 AM »

I think the person that owned the bike lives in Palm Beach Gardens, I could be wrong.  If it is the guy you say, please tell me the bike was taken care of.

kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2006, 12:21:03 AM »

The bike was very well taken care of and not abused in any way.

Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #34 on: April 23, 2006, 09:12:46 AM »

Small world huh, The reason I asked is because it looked really familiar, I thought hard about buyinig it. As Kawgirl said, It was VERY WELL taken care of.
Other than the belt kept breaking, and the knocking in the bottom end it was great.  Grin
Just kidding dude, It was a prestine quad.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: April 23, 2006, 03:07:27 PM »

Yup, thats our old KQ!
Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: April 23, 2006, 04:20:33 PM »

RL400, nice to talk with you.  My wife is happy with the bike, the only knock she has the the steering, we are going to get a Denton stabilizer soon.  Any chance you purchased the shop manual?  I will probably get one if you don't have it.  I would like to talk with you if you don't mind send me a contact number and I will call you.  Kawgirl thanks for the information on the Nyroc.    I want to do a ride sometimes with a few people from this web site I will have to get up with you after I get out of my outage at work, thats not until the middle of June.  Do any of you ride out in Okeechobee?

RL400
Supreme Member

Keep the rubber side down.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #37 on: April 23, 2006, 04:35:34 PM »

RL400, nice to talk with you.  My wife is happy with the bike, the only knock she has the the steering, we are going to get a Denton stabilizer soon.  Any chance you purchased the shop manual?  I will probably get one if you don't have it.  I would like to talk with you if you don't mind send me a contact number and I will call you.  Kawgirl thanks for the information on the Nyroc.    I want to do a ride sometimes with a few people from this web site I will have to get up with you after I get out of my outage at work, thats not until the middle of June.  Do any of you ride out in Okeechobee?
No, didn't purchase a shop manual.  We don't ride dirt anymore, but we used to ride out at Okeechobee (Prairie).  Most of the riding on that bike was done out there, some at Durhamtown Plantation in Union Point, GA. Glad to hear your wife likes it.  I personally didn't ride it that much, my dad or mom rode it mostly, so I can't relate to what you're saying about the steering.  I used to ride a Honda 400EX.  There's a bunch of great people on the site to ride with.  If you have any questions shoot me a private message.
IneedPOWA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #38 on: May 20, 2006, 08:16:32 PM »

That thing is a beast.  And look at the Camaro and Vette  Roll Eyes
Bullseye21

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2006, 04:48:32 PM »

I got new "A" arms from World Class Racing Products for the Suzuki to take care of the steering problem.  I have not put them on yet.  I will also probably selling the rims and tires off of the Suzuki and also the Honda Rincon too.  We don't really ride in deep mud, mostly trail riding.  If anybody has any interest let me know.  I will be posting them on the selling in a month or so after I get out of my outage at work.  All I do is work midnights for now.  Thanks...
« Last Edit: May 24, 2006, 04:50:54 PM by Bullseye21 » Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com