Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: ATV community ?  (Read 3290 times)
J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 11, 2006, 10:26:36 PM »

If a "Golf " Community can be built .......an Equestrian community can be built .......an aviation community can be built....why not an ATV community ....?

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2006, 10:36:55 PM »

There is a place in Polk County that has an OHV area in the subdivision. It is only like 400 acres but it is on their property. Its a nice setup. It is not strictly an ATV community but its as close as I have seen

J.D.
Supreme Member

I can see the concrete slowly creepin .

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2006, 11:01:49 PM »

I'd pay more to let my kids be kids than I would to play golf ...atv fees could create a very nice natural area and with a properly managed trail system "and quiet quads !" the local ecosystem would benefit much more than it would benefit from another golf crs .

Arctic Cat 500 man. Dyno Jet , Snoorky , 14's , Cup Holder , Pro-Com CDI , K&N filter , .......To Be Continued ! 2001 Suzuki RM 250 ,Fatty Pipe , FMF muff ...
dreth

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 07:22:12 AM »

If a "Golf " Community can be built .......an Equestrian community can be built .......an aviation community can be built....why not an ATV community ....?

i had this idea 3 years ago.............................and the only thing stopping you is about 70 million dollars.
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 08:08:31 AM »

I live in one of these.  I have access to over 1000 acres of trails and can drive on all the roads.   We also have a small mx track. See the main thing that has let this survivie is that every single resident in the community either has a dirtbike, side by side, or atv. So there is no possible chance for someone to complain.

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Dyno-Jet stage one jet kit
Razrs on the back
2005 Kodiak 400 w/winch(dad's)
2005 Wolverine 4x4 (brother's)
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 12:25:30 PM »

I live in one of these.  I have access to over 1000 acres of trails and can drive on all the roads.   We also have a small mx track. See the main thing that has let this survivie is that every single resident in the community either has a dirtbike, side by side, or atv. So there is no possible chance for someone to complain.

It does not always work that way. For instance, the Yucapan in Cape Coral was closed down because of constant complaints from the residents out there. Well I happen to know one of the complantants because he was a teacher of mine and he owned a couple ATV's and rode them out in the Yucapan and all of his neighbors, also complainers, all own ATV's... Nothing is fool-proof.
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 05:29:37 PM »

I know nothing is fool proof but it seems to be workin very well. and the police have absolutely no jurisdiction over the roads because they are all private

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Razrs on the back
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 05:36:58 PM »

I've been thinking the same thing for quite some time but like dreth said the funding would have to be provided by a developer.  Then there is the other portion mentioned.  It would hvae to be a situation where you could only purchase a home there if you owned an atv or dirt bike, or if you signed a waiver stating that you knew this was an atv community and that they couldn't complain and have the area changed from that.  Also, in the deed restrictions it would be necessary to state some thing regarding pipe levels after 10pm, like the noise ordinance.  That way others around wouldn't be bothered.  I have alot of ideas on this.  North Port on the west coast would be another perfect option for this.  Need OPM though and lots of it.
rappy350

faster than yours

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2006, 05:41:21 PM »

another thing that has also let this community thrive is the lack of outsiders that ride in this area.   It isn't closed off or fenced in but not many people (other than the residents) know where it is.   Also everybody is very courteous and the only people that ride after dark are just taking a leasurely(SP) stroll

2005 Raptor 350(mine)
Hot cams camshaft
K&N High Flow Air filter
Razrs on the back
 Big Red (sister in-laws)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com