Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a need for A quad only MX series in FL?  If so would you participate?
Yes - 22 (25.3%)
No - 7 (8%)
Yes, Yes I would participate - 53 (60.9%)
Yes. No I would not participate - 5 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Only MX Series  (Read 60270 times)
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: August 22, 2006, 06:07:29 AM »

it should be 25 for the weekend and 25 to practice sat and whatever the race fee is sunday.

53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: August 22, 2006, 10:33:03 AM »

so if i show saterday its 20 for the weekend for each person to camp. Undecided

this looks like its costing more than i thought. Huh

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: August 22, 2006, 03:39:31 PM »

it is no more than any other race i have been to.

arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2006, 12:01:14 AM »

after looking over the schedule of the races, i won't be attending many races. too many of them too soon and too far away. between fuel,tolls,food,lodging,entance fees, race fee, membership fee,practice fee it would cost me over $1500 for the first 3-4 races. not to mention driving back 5-6 hours. sorry. i would love to support it but i can't at that expense. maybe next year if there are closer venues. good luck and to all who live close to these tracks and can afford it, attend and support this 'cause'. it is good for our sport.
miniquad8

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #179 on: August 25, 2006, 12:32:17 AM »

we will only be able to do a couple...i know no one likes dade city(except me i guess)but they do provide a nice facility and one of the cheapest places around to practice and race...not to mention there is always competition...that being said i can't for the life of me figure why several of the races are on the same weekends as dade city..dade city has the mini quad field covered,i'm afraid the result will be the same as ftr mx for the mini quads..noone can race on sat and get up at 5a.m. sun and drive for a sunday race..i know the answer everyone will give,dont race dade city..well its sad to say but i spent thousands of dollars racing the national series the last couple years,even finished 3rd last year and won a championship this year.you recieve next to nothing for all the effort and money(alot to spend for bragging rights)last year at dade city banquet it took 4 trips to the truck to carry all we won,i know randy is about every bad word out there but he takes care of the racers at the end of the year..i guess i'm just babbling but id love to see another place to race with more than a handful of people in each class,i just dont think its gonna happen going against the biggest venue in the state...look at bartow,going head to head with dade city has all but crippled them...is there any reason a series like this can't put on a one day show,why do you need a full day of practice...are the tracks groomed on sat after practice?anyway we will support the series on the dates that don't conflict with dade city,we just love going racing....

cam covil#8
04 dade city unlimited mini quad 2nd place
05 dade city unlimited mini quad 1st place
05 gnc mx 70 production 3rd place
06 gnc mx 70 shifter national champion(round 3,5,6,7,8,9,11 winner)
06 dade city quad youth 1st place
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: August 25, 2006, 02:09:52 AM »

we will only be able to do a couple...i know no one likes dade city(except me i guess)but they do provide a nice facility and one of the cheapest places around to practice and race...not to mention there is always competition...that being said i can't for the life of me figure why several of the races are on the same weekends as dade city..dade city has the mini quad field covered,i'm afraid the result will be the same as ftr mx for the mini quads..noone can race on sat and get up at 5a.m. sun and drive for a sunday race..i know the answer everyone will give,dont race dade city..well its sad to say but i spent thousands of dollars racing the national series the last couple years,even finished 3rd last year and won a championship this year.you recieve next to nothing for all the effort and money(alot to spend for bragging rights)last year at dade city banquet it took 4 trips to the truck to carry all we won,i know randy is about every bad word out there but he takes care of the racers at the end of the year..i guess i'm just babbling but id love to see another place to race with more than a handful of people in each class,i just dont think its gonna happen going against the biggest venue in the state...look at bartow,going head to head with dade city has all but crippled them...is there any reason a series like this can't put on a one day show,why do you need a full day of practice...are the tracks groomed on sat after practice?anyway we will support the series on the dates that don't conflict with dade city,we just love going racing....

"Hi, I'm Randy Yoho and I approve that message!"  LOL

>miniquad8 siad:
>"I'd love to see another place to race with more
>than a handful of people in each class,.."

Well, here's your chance. Show up and talk others into doing the
same.

Change does not happen by doing the same thing over and over.
Which means, that if you and everyone you race with continue to
just go to Dade... than thats where you will race at.

I'm not baggin' on you man, but it would be nice if people were just
more positive on this thread. Afterall, its a rare thing... Quad ONLY
motocross series!!!

This could be the start of something great for all quad racers/riders
OR it could turn out to be just like almost EVERY track owner feels
about quad racing, that we are a watse of time due to NO turnout.

This time it is up to US to bring about change.

If you have the means, either you care that much about OR you DON'T.

Take care all,
Dan

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: August 25, 2006, 04:12:36 AM »

Well I am sorry to hear that some will not be able to attend the races.  I can understand the reasoning behind your decisions.
I know that Dade City seems to have the market on the quads.  Randy does have a good banquet at the end of the year.The facility is nice. Very easy for the fans to watch a race.  These are all true facts.  But here are some facts that you may not know.

• I tried to get a race at his facility
  • I was told that he thought I was doing this a couple of years to early
  • In order for him to even entertaining doing a Sunday race he wanted at least 300 riders
  • We are going to have a nice banquet at the end of the year.  This first year may not match what Randy gives out but it is a start.

For those of you that can not make it to every race that is fine. You only need to do 4 to quallify for end of the year product.  But come on out for the races that you can and support this series.  It will give you other places to ride and maybe even open up other opportunities for you in the long run.  The more we have this year the bigger it will be next year.  We have 10 great sponsors and 4 great tracks behind us.  Lets show them that they made the right decision to back this series.

Thank you
Brett
[/color][/list]

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
miniquad8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: August 25, 2006, 09:58:58 AM »

all i'm saying is:there alot of racers that have committed to a season at dade city with only 5 races left,they aren't gonna throw that away...i have the lions share of the miniquad racers that will follow us if we race somewhere else...problem being no one is int in racing on sat nite at dade city and then again sunday morning 2 hours plus away....i know you cant schedule around everyone,but for argument sake look at the mini quad turn out or should i say lack of at the ftr...most kids that race have a parent or older sibling that races also..therefore my reasoning is try to work around some of the problems and you may find some full gates..if it weren't for the mini quad support that i helped start in 2003 at dade city randy would have more than likely abolished the quads again...5 and sometimes 6 full gates of youth racers,you do the math...

cam covil#8
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
310R_Dude

When in doubt, GAS IT!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: August 25, 2006, 04:15:49 PM »

MiniQuad, I was really trying to be partially funny in my previous
reply and NOT offensive or attacking you.

While I realize your previous racing commitments, and
commend you on setting and reaching goals as an example
for children, this new series is not about the past or the
present. It is about the future.

NO amount of scheduling is gonna make all happy. There are just
too many variables(Tracks, organizations and series). I mean,
you have FTR, Dade, GNC, GNCC, Florida Series schedules, etc etc
etc.

So I think saying just adjust the schedule is unrealistic.

Also I have seen mention that the cost is too much, and yet we will
not hesitate to spends thousands on suspension, hundreds on tires etc.

Man, finish out your series at Dade, have a great time. I would not want
you or anybody else to get anything less out racing and life. For real.

This year just make the races that you can and then next year... if we
struggle along enough for it to be around, make it your new committment.
For the future. A future where your whole series is not spent at one track
all year.

As you have witnessed and been apart of at Dade, there is strength in
numbers. Bottom line. Only good things will come if we all join together.

Best of luck to you,
Dan

P.S.
I really do not even care to race. BUT my friends who I ride with DO. So
I will do it for them, and spend the money it takes so that other people
who really love racing can have it better than it is right now, as far as racing
goes for quads.

Never let fear, uncertainty OR doubt hold you back from doing what you KNOW you can do.
TBR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: August 25, 2006, 04:41:27 PM »

Very well said Dano
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: August 25, 2006, 06:13:24 PM »

Dano is the mano!!!!!!!!!! Wink

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: August 25, 2006, 06:24:25 PM »

Just want to give my opinion! Most know that I rarely do so! Wink Grin LOL

Here goes-

Rome wasnt built in a day and neither was Dade City! Neither was Gatorback, or Seminole, or any other succesful track or series.  But here is the thing. If the riders and racers in and surrounding our areas do not support this series out of the gate and support it strong. Then it will fail!  Sacrifices need to be made by the riders and racers that constantly gripe about not having the places to race or a series to do so. Dade City has an awesome turnout all the time and has alot or riders that race there.  At any given race, half the riders that race Dade city could not show up and it still be a good turnout! It has built a following that can support the track without them all having to be there to do it!  That is the same thing that we need to try to do with this series.  Give it all we have the first season of it so that we turn more "riders" to "racers", more racers follow, and more attention is given from the track owners and sponsors!  That way it can grow into a series that we dont constantly have to babysit and worry about having enough attendance or support to keep it going!  My POPS always told me "If it starts out messed up, it ends up messed up".  Lets make a few sacrifices- drive the distance, miss a race or two in the series that your running, talk the series up, bring riders and racers with you! Start it out right and it will end up right. Id love to hear about how many riders was at a race and how I should have been there and how I missed an awesome turnout.  Id also like to be one that contributed in building it to that point as well.  What Im trying to say is- Start strong out of the gate and get excited!  People WILL follow. The more people that follow the stronger the series and the stronger our sport! Im rambling! Too much of this! Drink

jt

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
miniquad8

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #187 on: August 25, 2006, 11:22:44 PM »

ok this is the last post i'll make on this topic...to set the record straight,i'm  not and will not ask for a race to be rescheduled(i know whats involved ive raced for 20 plus yrs)i'm not plugging for dade city i just used them as an example....as far as money and places to race i think my son and i do our tour of duty,this year alone..gncc fl and sc rounds,gnc round 3 through 11,dade city except for the ones that were on national weekends,a few bartow events,and a couple sand mountain shows...i talk to alot of racers and i was merely relaying what i'm getting from the folks at the races...i'd love to see this thing go,i would rather do something like this next yr instead of the gnc mx series..i guess i just dont understand why you wouldnt try to pull from the strongest source of riders,i.e. atleast for the first race so everyone could get the opportunity to come home and tell their buddies what they had missed...just curious,if the mini quads have a small turn out will you give them their own gate or will you do as some of the other series have and race them at the same time as the 300exs and blasters...also we are kicking the idea of driving over after dade city w/the motor home and were wondering if the gates will be open all nite at pax?thanks   no more negative post,i'm sure brett has thought of every thing i've posted....

cam covil#8
06 gncc round 1,4 winner
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com