Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a need for A quad only MX series in FL?  If so would you participate?
Yes - 22 (25.3%)
No - 7 (8%)
Yes, Yes I would participate - 53 (60.9%)
Yes. No I would not participate - 5 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Only MX Series  (Read 60265 times)
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: July 16, 2006, 10:01:21 PM »

I will be adding that tomorrow.  The membership fee is 25.00 per person.  Will be good for the entire season....

I just wanted to get something up so everyone can believe it is coming!!!

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
450r91

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2006, 04:26:16 PM »

Brett, everything is looking great. The big thing now is getting CJ's but into gear on getting his bike done lol. Im trying to get my work to sponser the series, trying real hard to see if they are want to. Right now its up in the air but im doing as much as I can.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: July 18, 2006, 04:43:47 PM »

Sounds great.  The more sponsors we get the better.
Just a note.  If someones business wants to be a sponsor we will accept cash.  The Money will be used for product at the end of the year.  You should be able to use it as a tax write off . 

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
blindkaeta
Supreme Member

Hey guys watch this........... ouch

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2006, 05:08:47 PM »

LOOKING GOOD BRETT!!!
dreth

« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2006, 08:19:47 PM »

The dates all look good, But I do not see anything about race fees or membership fees, What are we looking at, will it just be one membership or will you need one for every track you race at??, with 3 racers in the family this would be a deciding factor.  KEN

3 racers.....WOW............hope you have deeeeeeeeep pockets Bow
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2006, 10:10:17 PM »

Ken-
The membership fee is $25.00 per person and is good for the entire year(Sept-Aug).  It will also entitle you to ride all NQRA series events and we are also working on some sort of discounts for having the NQRA membership.

The race fee is $25.00 per class across the board.  Except for the Money Class which is $50.00.  100% pay back to riders.  80% gets split for the day and the remainder 20% goes into the pot for the end of the year and will be split between the top 3 in the Money class.
Gate fee's are still up in the air.  Working on that with the tracks.  That will be posted on the web page soon.

Practice will be sat and racing on sundays. (Practice and fees on Sat are run by the tracks)Those will be posted soon also.

Hope this helps and we will see you at the races!!
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 10:27:46 PM by LostCause » Logged

www.SSQSA.net

Trensetter731

Stay on the Gas but don't be a jackass!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: July 19, 2006, 12:29:37 AM »

Dunno Is it true the Florida Quad Series web site is www.SSQSA.com? Afro

Heart & determination makes a Champion.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: July 19, 2006, 07:32:29 AM »

Yes, the site is up.

The series is  called "The Sunshine State Quad Series".

www.SSQSA.net

Trensetter731

Stay on the Gas but don't be a jackass!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: July 20, 2006, 12:30:38 AM »

What is the web site called? (Florida series) Afro

Heart & determination makes a Champion.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: July 20, 2006, 07:27:10 AM »

SSQSA--  Sunshine State Quad Series Association

www.ssqsa.com

www.SSQSA.net

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: July 20, 2006, 10:56:50 AM »

The whole, Racing on Sunday thing, is a God sent for me!  Maybe now I can actually race MX! My whole issue before was scheduling!  When you work most Saturdays, it makes it hard to get to a track by 5-6:00 o'clock! Especially when these tracks are a minimum 2 hrs from me and as far as 4 hrs!
Why couldnt you get Sand Mountain to play!?  Is it because of their uncertainty in being open?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: July 20, 2006, 10:11:43 PM »

Hey I just wanted to post a video of some Old school MX racing with some Legends of MX.  Check it out.

1998 GFTL Open Pro Champion
2006 SFTL Open Class Champion

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n270/scott270r/Race_Mystic.jpg
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: July 22, 2006, 08:56:49 AM »

Some changes have been made to the site.  Check it out!!  It is coming along.  Still adding information.  Hope ya'll enjoy

www.SSQSA.net

TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: July 22, 2006, 10:10:25 AM »

Brett

You are going to have to change your handle to "manwithacause".
I just wanted to say thanks for all you have done putting this together for everyone. I'm sure it will be a HUGE success.
Dale
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: July 22, 2006, 12:25:46 PM »

Hey I just wanted to post a video of some Old school MX racing with some Legends of MX.  Check it out.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/3A547493-F0CD-44B1-9362-031D591C641C.htm

Bless you my son! Awesome video post! That was back when Tracks used to be fast as he L L !

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
dreth

« Reply #140 on: July 22, 2006, 05:43:53 PM »

Bless you my son! Awesome video post! That was back when Tracks used to be fast as he L L !

fast and no jumps Wink like a big TT track. looks like fun Grin
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: July 22, 2006, 06:09:26 PM »

Jason,

You are my age so you can remember guys like Donnie Banks, Jeff Watts, and especially Jimmy White from the 3 wheeler days. Man, racing was great back then, factory support, good money and all you needed was talent. Unlike now where you need big bucks to play on the big boy level.

......Thanks Derek

Mystic Motorsports - 3 Time Champions....Congratulations Derek on a great 2010 season!!!

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: July 22, 2006, 06:17:41 PM »

fast and no jumps Wink like a big TT track. looks like fun Grin

Like a huge TT Track with some balls to it!!!  Imagine if that type of racing was around when the Banshee came out!!! Shocked
A couple of those step ups and small doubles was all that would slow you down back then!!

Scott,
I remember them boys!  That was back when I used to race w/ Jackie "Holeshot" Meadows!  He's still around the exteme dirt track series. But he still might be the only factory backed 14 yr old ever!  Where'd you find that video!?

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Scott270r

Mystic Motorsports #5

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: July 22, 2006, 06:43:04 PM »

JT,

I dug it up from a search on the internet. I wish I could suit up and try my hand out there now. By the way, any news on Sand Mountain? If it opens in the fall, I plan on coming down and seeing what the LT250R can do in the Open/Expert class. I hope they aren't closing it down like so many other places.

......Thanks Derek

trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #144 on: July 22, 2006, 08:59:03 PM »

Jason,

You are my age so you can remember guys like Donnie Banks, Jeff Watts, and especially Jimmy White from the 3 wheeler days. Man, racing was great back then, factory support, good money and all you needed was talent. Unlike now where you need big bucks to play on the big boy level.
I remember those days, all you needed was about 1000 bucks to trick your quad out and you were ready to go. Your right, Now its all about the money. Cry

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: July 24, 2006, 09:21:13 PM »

Dale--
Thank you.  Grin
This is something that I believe will turn into a big series.  We just need to show the tracks that the need is there.  I understand that all of the races are in the central part of the state this year, but if we get a good turnout from the riders down south and from up north there will be races in their areas next year.
So spread the word.  Get these people to the races!!!!!

Brett

www.SSQSA.net

RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: July 25, 2006, 01:25:07 AM »

Amen Brother, 

With all the riding areas starting to close and alot of tracks getting pressure from county and water managment districs to close down, we should make a strong effort to support the series.  Every level of rider should be made to feel welcome and appreciated in order to gain support and interest.  Most tracks cater to high level competition while overlooking the lower level riders.  If even those riders are encouraged and embraced to come out and race then we should definately have a good turnout!  I think that alot of riders are intimidated by the word "SERIES", thinking that they are not good enough.  The fear to actually take the first step to get started being a "RACER" is sometimes intimidating for beginners!!!  These guys are the future of racing!  Make that effort a strong felt one and I think your series could be set apart and will be a huge success!  Sorry for the rambling, Just had a few too many! Drink

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
A.T.P. RACING

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #147 on: July 25, 2006, 10:14:03 PM »

Amen Brother, 

With all the riding areas starting to close and alot of tracks getting pressure from county and water managment districs to close down, we should make a strong effort to support the series.  Every level of rider should be made to feel welcome and appreciated in order to gain support and interest.  Most tracks cater to high level competition while overlooking the lower level riders.  If even those riders are encouraged and embraced to come out and race then we should definately have a good turnout!  I think that alot of riders are intimidated by the word "SERIES", thinking that they are not good enough.  The fear to actually take the first step to get started being a "RACER" is sometimes intimidating for beginners!!!  These guys are the future of racing!  Make that effort a strong felt one and I think your series could be set apart and will be a huge success!  Sorry for the rambling, Just had a few too many! Drink

Clapper Bow
Very well put JT !!!!
Everyone that has quads and has ever wanted to try their hand at racing should get the word out. How will you ever know if you like it, if you dont try it. Wink QUADS ONLY, how often do you get to hear that these days?

LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: July 28, 2006, 07:16:30 AM »

We have added some more sponsors.  Check out the site.  Links to the sponsors are coming soon.

www.SSQSA.net

LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: July 31, 2006, 09:20:11 PM »

Some of the Classes have changed a little.  The 450 production A, B, C, is now Open A, B, C.
The 90cc mod class age has changed to 8-14.

www.SSQSA.net

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com