Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is there a need for A quad only MX series in FL?  If so would you participate?
Yes - 22 (25.3%)
No - 7 (8%)
Yes, Yes I would participate - 53 (60.9%)
Yes. No I would not participate - 5 (5.7%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Quad Only MX Series  (Read 60275 times)
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: April 16, 2006, 06:02:30 PM »

Um... if you are talking about the "Quad Only" series, we have not implemented the one day series yet. It was discussed and voted on because of such low turn-out. A lot of people do not realize the expense in hosting an event. This will be changed back to a 2 day format when more quadders come out and support what has been created for us. This is a BRAND NEW thing here in Florida. Anything new is bound to need refining. I hope we get a bigger turn out next year.
As for MX, I don't know. After this thread was started I began researching Motocross here in Florida. Lot's of courses throughout  this state. More courses than rec riding areas. Seems more MXers than XCers
Happy Easter

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
TBR

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: April 16, 2006, 07:07:11 PM »

I'm sorry I was not very clear. I was speaking of the MX series. I just think trying to run all the bikes and quads on one day limits the growth in the MX series. I thought we was talking about MX racing.
I am all for any series that promotes either MX or TT quad racing.
dreth

« Reply #52 on: April 16, 2006, 09:03:55 PM »

I'm sorry I was not very clear. I was speaking of the MX series. I just think trying to run all the bikes and quads on one day limits the growth in the MX series. I thought we was talking about MX racing.

I agree with the quads and bikes running on the same day being a bad idea. the bikes create different lines and ruts that make it very unfun (if thats a word) for the average guy who want to try racing.  i for one do not like spending all day at the track just to get my turn and have to ride a beat to death track.

how does it cost so much money to have a race anyway? the way i see it is the track owner has to staff a few extra flaggers a medic and a few people to keep track of the gate drop and placement! big whoop! they are bank rolling off a race day. they are bringing in no less than 6 grand in a day. thats alot of cheese so whats the problem?HuhHuhHuhHuh 
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: April 16, 2006, 09:15:11 PM »

I agree with the quads and bikes running on the same day being a bad idea. the bikes create different lines and ruts that make it very unfun (if thats a word) for the average guy who want to try racing.  i for one do not like spending all day at the track just to get my turn and have to ride a beat to death track.

how does it cost so much money to have a race anyway? the way i see it is the track owner has to staff a few extra flaggers a medic and a few people to keep track of the gate drop and placement! big whoop! they are bank rolling off a race day. they are bringing in no less than 6 grand in a day. thats alot of cheese so whats the problem?HuhHuhHuhHuh 
6 grand a day, more like 16 grand a day.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
mudnuri
Supreme Member

06 YFZ

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: April 16, 2006, 10:30:55 PM »

Whatever help you need, just say the word.

Brian Morris
06 YFZ
FTR#108 SENIOR
Don't litter
Respect life
mud-n-ur-i
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: April 16, 2006, 11:08:25 PM »

Thanks-

Right now we just need to talk this thing up.  Get people interested and excited about it.

Here are a list of classes we are thinking about.  They may change but this will give you an idea.

Expert, A, B, C, 16-24, +25, +30, +40, Women, Stock, Youth 13-15 (200cc 2 stroke/ 300cc 4 stroke), Youth 8-15 modified (71-90cc 2 stroke/ 125cc 4 stroke), Youth 8-15 limited (71-90cc 2 stroke/ 125cc 4 stroke), Youth 6-11 limited (51-70cc), Youth 4-8 limited (0-50cc)
            **** MUST BE 16 FOR: Expert, A, B, C, Women, Stock

We have the ability to control our future.

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: April 17, 2006, 06:12:04 PM »

Classes sound great, how about some age classes as well, like a 16-24, 25+, then like a 35+. That way we could all run 2 classes and get to race more throughout the day. Let me know if any help is needed.
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: April 18, 2006, 07:35:55 AM »

Thanks-

Right now we just need to talk this thing up.  Get people interested and excited about it.

Here are a list of classes we are thinking about.  They may change but this will give you an idea.

Expert, A, B, C, 16-24, +25, +30, +40, Women, Stock, Youth 13-15 (200cc 2 stroke/ 300cc 4 stroke), Youth 8-15 modified (71-90cc 2 stroke/ 125cc 4 stroke), Youth 8-15 limited (71-90cc 2 stroke/ 125cc 4 stroke), Youth 6-11 limited (51-70cc), Youth 4-8 limited (0-50cc)

Wink Cheesy
Shawn Collister

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: April 18, 2006, 10:55:45 AM »

Id show up and race.....

and I think the MX track at Sand Mountain is awesome, I dont understand why no quads show up to race.

There are plenty of other tracks that are "easier"

Personally, I like that feeling you get the first time you clear a big jump you were a lil intimidated by.

Thats how I roll.
CJ321

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: April 18, 2006, 08:43:32 PM »

I would race it...

o yeah and i do and dont agree with the sound limit on bikes, yeah i think 98 is a little on the low side, why not follow national limits?? what are they like 102 or 103?? they should be enforced though, i mean who hasn't lined up next to an old tc shorty pipe thats like 2 inches long and have it hurt your ears, thats kinda a little loud for me but whatever, hope to see this quad only thing take off
Exmx54
Supreme Member

MX rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: April 18, 2006, 10:07:04 PM »

Thanks-

Wink Cheesy

He edited it after I posted!! I sware!!!  Evil
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: May 04, 2006, 10:26:22 PM »

Hey everyone.  Time to update and give some more information.

The meeting in Naples went good.  Everything is falling into place.  I have a meeting to get a web page up next week.  It will have the dates of the events.  Will not have all the tracts listed because I am still waiting to hear from some of them.

Good news is it looks like Waldo and Bithlo are in for sure.  Much thanks to them.

This thing is going to happen cause there is a need and yall want more seat time.  Starting to contact companies for sponsorships so we can have a good year end banquet.  Also looks like it will be a 7 race series.

More info later.
Talk this thing up and lets make it happen.

First Date:         SEPTEMBER 17, 2006 

www.SSQSA.net

Thanks to our sponsors: Walsh Racecraft, X-Tream Clean, Ripixx, Goon with Style, Pit Posse, Amsoil, Equalibryum, Crown Wear, Answer, MSR, AXO, Slackercross, UFO, MXRESULTZ
Mrs.Nightbreed
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: May 04, 2006, 10:28:20 PM »

Clapper You are the man! First Place

I was just thinking about that today. I was going to call you for an update  Grin
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: May 05, 2006, 05:39:48 PM »

sweet i will talk to my ad about it and tell some people at dade

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: May 09, 2006, 09:44:20 PM »

Wink Cheesy

ok, change of wording in the classes.  All the kids classes that said limited are supost to say production.  Sorry

www.SSQSA.net

WOODY_450r
Supreme Member

Lifes better when all 4 wheels are under the quad

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: May 09, 2006, 09:48:23 PM »

im 15,  so that means i cant race in "c" with my 450r?

if not what class can i run?

WHEN IN DOUBT FLOOR IT !!!!!!!!

JOSH WOODS #411

05 450r
01 chevy 4x4
53yfz450
Supreme Member

Following hurts more than Leading!!!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: May 09, 2006, 09:58:24 PM »

none you must be 16.

WEB SITE IS COMING BACK UP SOON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
  http://HTTP://GANDGRACING.COM CHECK IT OUT!!!!!!

http://myspace.com/jakegunn53

motocross is all about momentum if you hit it doin a 100 ya gonna  make it across.
Trend-Setter 731

Stay on the gas, but don't be a jacka**

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: May 18, 2006, 11:47:45 PM »

The arguement was getting good Boxer. But I love the idea, this would be great. I'm all in with you. Will the pipe noise still be a issue? Someone let me know. Afro Drive     
LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: May 19, 2006, 11:03:39 PM »

As of now the pipe issue will not be a issue.  Things are looking good.  I hope to be able to post all the dates with the tracks after this weekend.

One other note:  We are also thinking about making this a qualifier series.  The top 3-5 in each class are going to qualify to go to 1 national race against other series.  As of now it looks like the series in Alabama and in North Carolina will be part of the series.

www.SSQSA.net

LE450-RACER#77
Supreme Member

READY TO SELL ALL PARTS

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: May 20, 2006, 06:28:00 AM »

I say we make the races go to tracks in the south east instead of just staying in FL. Thats my opinion !!!!!!!!!!  Keep us informed on what tracks are running .............

04 YFZ450 #77
Rossier Pipe
Pro Design Intake
Ported & Built By ATP
Walsh LT A Arms w/pull rod on rear
PEP LT Shocks front & rear
Walsh +1 stem
Tag T2 bars
LSR axle
LSR Front Brake Lines
Precision Stabilizer
Holeshots Front & Rear
H.E.P. Race Fender Brackets
ASV Levers
Blingstar Nerfs
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #70 on: May 20, 2006, 06:50:34 AM »

Not everyone has your money Stevee to travel out of state Cheesy, So I'd be happy to stay in Florida only for now until we see how this takes off.

dreth

« Reply #71 on: May 20, 2006, 08:39:22 AM »

Not everyone has your money Stevee to travel out of state Cheesy, So I'd be happy to stay in Florida only for now until we see how this takes off.

thats right Steve! and if T2 isnt there whos gonna pack down the jumps for everyone?HuhHuh Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

had to do Bro Wink you know i luv ya
arod
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: May 22, 2006, 12:52:34 PM »

please post up the results of when and where, i am in.
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2006, 07:26:20 PM »

we need to keep this post up top. and update us on whats going on  and if you need any help let me know email me a flyer or some information on the races and i will get it to the races we go to just like to keep this updated.........

LostCause
Supreme Member

SSQSA is coming back!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: June 06, 2006, 06:34:27 AM »

Sorry I haven't posted anything for a little while.  The flyer is almost done and will be posting more soon. hope to have it up by the weekend.

www.SSQSA.net

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com