Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 400EX WONT START! HELP!  (Read 4638 times)
300EXRACER

LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 07, 2006, 10:59:04 PM »

HEY GUYS MY BROTHER JUST CAME DOWN TO FLORIDA TO RIDE WITH ME BUT HIS BIKE WAS DISSEMBLED TO GET IT DOWN HERE. HE ALSO HAD TOOK THE ENGINE APART FIGURING TO PUT THE 440 BIG BORE KIT IN. WELL THE 440 KIT NEVER CAME IN AT HONDA SO WE DECIDED TO PUT THE QUAD BACK TOGETHER AS IT STOCK 400. WE PUT THE ENGINE BACK TOGETHER. WE PUT THE CAM FACING DOWN AND MADE SURE THAT THE CHAIN WAS NOT OFF THE SPROKETS.WE PUT THE CARB ON AND THE GAS TANK AND TRIED TO FIRE IT UP. ALL WE GET THE THE ELECTRIC START TURNING THE PISTON BUT IT JUST WONT START. WE FIGURED MAYBE IT WASNT GETTING GAS OR THE SPARK PLUG WAS NO GOOD. WE THEN REPLACED THE SPARK PLUG AND CHECKED ALL THE LINES TO MAKE SURE FOR NO BLOCKAGE.

WERE SITTING BESIDES OURSELVES WITH THIS THING. WE REALLY NEED TO GET IT RUNNING WITH HAVING PLANNED TO GO RIDING THIS WEEKEND OR NEXT BECAUSE HE HAS TO GO BACK UP NORTH.

IF ANYONE COULD HELP US OUT I WOULD BE EXTREMELY GREATFUL.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME, BOBBY

TurboBanshee_kid
Supreme Member

banshee's 4 life and 2stroke's 4 life!!!!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2006, 11:04:03 PM »

This site sucks when it comes to those ?

Sorry wish i could help!

New to the Engine 421cc Cheetah Cubs that are fully race ported, Hot Rods 4mm Stroker Crank, Ricky Stator fly wheel and 200watt stator also timing plate is at +5, NOSS Head with 17cc domes, V force 3 reeds and 36mm MIKUNI Flat Slide carbs
Yamaha72
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2006, 10:12:44 AM »

pull the plug and see if it actually has spark, did you make sure all your seal and gaskets were good..... Even when you just tear your motor down it's always a good idea to replace the gaskets, check if the carb is gummed up, also take the whole intake assembly off and cover up the carburator creating a seal with your hand and then crank it..... I'd should have a vacuum feeling on your hand and should start like this if it has spark and gas getting to it, and if the carb is nice and clean.....  Just some basic easy suggestions.   Wink

2003 Yamaha Raptor 660

2005 Ford F-150
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2006, 09:22:37 PM »

From the sounds of it you completely screwed up the timing just "putting the cam facing down". Wink

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2006, 09:32:10 PM »

make sure your rings are sealing. put a little oil in the cylinder like wd40 or something, and spin it over,good luck
535banshee
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2006, 09:38:09 AM »

if you havent got it running yet, call me at 239-253-2616. i have but a lot of those motors together. my name is jeff
300EXRACER

LIVE TO RIDE, RIDE TO LIVE

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2006, 02:35:44 PM »

we found out my brother on another forum he was on a guy had brought a good point up.
He showed us that when you take the motor apart the decompression spring and plunger can possibly come out, which we then took the engine apart once again and found the spot of where its supose to be located that it wasnt there. were gonna try to get one from honda today but we hope they can get it to us in less then a week or i doubt with all this work were going to be able to ride.

thanks for all your help guys. if yu can let me know which way i can get those two small parts the fastest.

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2006, 01:56:27 PM »

give ATP a call, I'm sure if they don't have the parts in stock that they can get them rather quickly.

407-880-3171

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com