Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Raptor 350 Shifter  (Read 1950 times)
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« on: April 02, 2006, 11:00:46 PM »

i have a raptor 350 and the werid thing is that the shifter isn't connected straight to the motor, it is conected to a metal rod that is like a inch long and that little rod broke off the ball joints that is on there, and was wondering if any knows a good site for this part to get one, or if anybody has one that they don't want, or if anybody knows how to fix it , i have the rod still on there and RAD 700r's dad rigged it by putting a bolt there to connect it to the motor and was wondering if that would be fine to ride on for a while until i get the new shifter kit? and if anybody knows were i could find a shifter that comes straight out of the motor at a 90 degree angle and come out at like 45 degree angle or something quite like that, that would be much better then that little rod linkage.

thanks dustin

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
RaptItUp

'04 Raptor - Pro-Circuit, K&N, Pro-Design, PRM,

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2006, 12:28:19 PM »

I have a stock shifter from my '04 Raptor 660 that sounds like it is the same setup.  Does yours attach to the inside of the foot peg?
I thought that setup was sloppy so I bought a Pro Design billet 1 pc that comes directly off the shift shaft (no linkage and ball joint) now it shifts a lot better.   I would recommend replacing it with a 1pc.  They are about 60 - 80 bucks.  Got mine off E-bay, but a lot of the parts places in Dirt Wheels have them.  Try ALBA or Rocky Mountain ATV supply.   I would give you my stock one for free if it is the same part for 350 and 660.  You would have to pick it up or pay for shipping.  I have a feeling that with the different engine, the shifter length or angle would be different.
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2006, 04:04:03 PM »

I have a stock shifter from my '04 Raptor 660 that sounds like it is the same setup.  Does yours attach to the inside of the foot peg?
I thought that setup was sloppy so I bought a Pro Design billet 1 pc that comes directly off the shift shaft (no linkage and ball joint) now it shifts a lot better.   I would recommend replacing it with a 1pc.  They are about 60 - 80 bucks.  Got mine off E-bay, but a lot of the parts places in Dirt Wheels have them.  Try ALBA or Rocky Mountain ATV supply.   I would give you my stock one for free if it is the same part for 350 and 660.  You would have to pick it up or pay for shipping.  I have a feeling that with the different engine, the shifter length or angle would be different.

if u could ship the stock one to me i will pay for the shipping it might just work, if not a friend of mine dad is a handy man a will torch it to make it fit , i will have to look into it...

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2006, 04:12:54 PM »

the same thing happened to me with my 350. i just went to the dealer ship and ordered the parts.

RAD 450r
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2006, 04:30:02 PM »

http://houseofmotorcycles.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/oem_schematic_view~schem_dept_id~1121625~section_dept_id~1~section_dept_name~OEM+%28Stock%29+Parts~dept_type_id~2~model_dept_year~2005~model_dept_mfr~Yamaha~model_dept_id~1119511~model_dept_name~YFM350RT+RAPTOR+350.asp

Here you go, order the parts that you need

XC FTR #28C
-KFX450R, Hipers
- Silver L
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com