Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: HELP!Talking to the media about the ATV thefts  (Read 1814 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 02, 2005, 08:42:04 AM »

Hey folk, I have made some calls this morning to Sky Powersports where there were 25-30 atv's and bike stolen day before yesterday at the Lake wales store. I have also called the Ledger and talked to the editor and the reporter doing the story. What I am BEGGING them to do is to raise public awareness and bring the subject of ALL these atv's being stolen to the attention of someone other then your local bubba police. The reporter is going to talk to the editor and call me back. I asked her to go on here and just read some of the post of all the quads being stolen. Sky Powersports got hit hard but our community is being hit that hard on a monthly basis. If anyone would like to have there voice heard or if you are one of the unfortunate victims of the thefts PLEASE pm me with your contact info so I can pass it on to them and they can get the info straight from the horses mouth. If they decide to run with this. She said that FDLE should be involved but after making out a local police report thats up to them to notify the FDLE> and I don't think its being done. I am luckily one of the fortunate and not lost anything but I want to help those who have.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:16:38 AM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
ZRIDER

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 08:50:31 AM »

Are you talking about the Polaris shop in Bartow?
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 10:11:20 AM »

Not Polaris but  skypower of Lake wales got hit for over 100k in bikes. I talked to Rock The mnger at the Lklnd Store. They have a good idea who did it but they have to prove it. We all know what that means with the cops. Taking them to the thieves house with the garage door open with your title in hand including pictures of you on the bike and a DNA test and saying  there is my quad. And make sure you don't have unpaid tickets or you will go to jail when the cop runs your id and lets your quad sit there,lol.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2005, 10:12:27 AM by sport66 » Logged

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
ZRIDER

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2005, 07:56:01 AM »

What I wan't to know is how you transport 30 atv's.  Do you know if they used a semi, or did they have several trailers?
stump66
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2005, 10:34:15 AM »

I'm not sure what they used, I would think it had to be a semi.
I'm gonna look in the paper and see if the article hit yet. I still haven't heard from the reporter. I would think I would hear allot more support on here from people to help bring this to the publics attention. I do not mind taking up a cause for the right reasons. But like I said I am not a victim in this and only want to help those who were and those who are future target which could surely be me. I had plans on contacting the tv media if the ledger sits on thier hand and see if any locals will do anything and if thats unsuccessful I have pleanty of time to go to the networks. But with the way it appears nobody wants to get involved so where is my motivation??

AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com