Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Sky Powersports 100k Robbery News article  (Read 1858 times)
stump66
Supreme Member

Quads we ride by God we abide

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 03, 2005, 10:58:02 AM »

By Merissa Green
The Ledger

LAKE WALES -- Lake Wales police are investigating the theft of 26 motorcycles valued at $100,000 from Sky PowerSports.

The incident occurred sometime Sunday at the business at 20769 N. U.S. 27, and police said they are sure the burglary was committed by someone who lives in town.

PowerSports General Manager Dave Farina and his staff discovered the missing motorcycles Monday morning. Farina put the value of the missing motorcycles at $100,000.

"We've been in business for 25 years, and this has been the worst break-in in our history," he said.

Motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles and motor scooters were stolen.

Three of the stolen motorcycles were found several blocks from where the business is located. A motorcycle and an ATV fourwheeler were stashed in the bushes on L and M streets, according to police.

Farina said he found a motor scooter west of New Street as he drove around the area where police were searching.

Lake Wales Lt. Pat Quinn said detectives are scouring the county for the stolen motorcycles and they are following leads on potential suspects.

"We're doing our best on it," he said.

Farina said there was an alarm system on the storage units where the motorcycles were kept. He also has a surveillance camera on the property.

"For some reason, the camera malfunctioned," he said.

Quinn said numerous alarms were set off at the property Saturday and Sunday evening. However, the alarm company did not call the police to report any unusual activity, he said.

Quinn said he hopes to wrap up the case by the end of the week. He said that someone in the Lake Wales area committed the burglary.

"We're pretty confident that we are going to get it solved," he said.

Anyone with information should call the Police Department at 863-678-4223. Press 1 when the call is answered.

GOD PUT ME HERE TO ACCOMPLISH CERTAIN THINGS, I'M SO FAR BEHIND I'LL LIVE FOREVER!!!! 
AND ITS NEVER!!!!
TOO LATE TO START!!!!
dvx400#1
Supreme Member

ride hard, ride fast, and ride safe

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2005, 05:05:50 PM »

sounds like a inside job, camaras malfuctioning :-/
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2005, 04:18:23 AM »

that is where i bought my grizz last year, they worked a good deal for me.

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 06:26:20 AM »

That really stinks, I feel bad for that company. But it does sound like an inside job. I mean, that is one heck of a coincidence... the cameras malfunction AND the security company doesnt call the police... hmmmm. I feel bad though, thats a lot of money to have lost.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com