Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: EVERYONE PLEASE READ.THIS JUST IN.WE NEED ACTION: PICAYUNE  (Read 1291 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:00:16 PM »

Ok here we go. For some reason or another, the ARMY corps of engineers has deemed ANY HUMAN ACTIVITY INCOMPATIBLE IN THE PICAYUNE. I have not personally read the report, but i was e-mailed about it. Now for the good news, State Rep MIKE DAVIS, will be meeting with the head of Forestry Mike Long on Monday to discuss this. This is Unacceptable according to mike and im sure we all can agree. Mike will also be asking for a budget ammendmet of 38,000,000 to use that money to give back to the feds. If that happens, we should get Picayune back as it was before. PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE E-Mail governor Bush and ask him to have picayune kept open to all recreational users. WE are making progress, trust me. I had a meeting with the Assistant Collier county manager Late Friday and showed him the presentation i was going to use on 3/28 and he said" You make a very compelling case" " there's going to be a lot of answering to do on 4/11". Please keep the pressure on. We are on to something great here...Rick
dreth

« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 09:22:54 PM »

a link to gov. bush would be helpful Wink
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 09:34:19 PM »

here you go. I just got off the phone with Brian Mchannon. He's the vice president for the Florida Outdoor Alliance. He just got a reply from the Governor himself @ 9:00 on a Saturday night. They will be having the head of DEP reviewing the whole picayune issue. WE need to keep the pressure, we can and will win this if we band together....Rick

http://www.myflorida.com/myflorida/government/contacts/contactGov.html
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com