Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dell Customer Service.  (Read 4533 times)
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 24, 2006, 10:54:00 AM »

I just gotta say how impressed I am with Dell customer service. I have bought 4 computers from them(3 desktops, 1 laptop) and their service is amazing. A couple years ago my first desktop I had was having a hard drive issue. I called them at 3:30pm and at 10:30 the next morning there was a service tech at my office with a new hard drive. He corrected all the problems(bios was causing it). I then had a problem with a monitor and they sent a new one overnight and just told me to throw out the old one. When I bought my laptop last year Dell has changed their policy and they do not include recovery cd's, instead they put the recovery on a hidden partition I called at 4:00pm and said I don't like that and the next morning there was a set of cd's at my desk from DHL. Last night I got online to their chat support at almost 10pm. I have been having a problem with a couple of my keys on my laptop they are overnighting a new keyboard and it shipped out at 9am this morning. They are an awesome company to deal with!

We bought an HP laptop from Staples and the backlight went out it took 2 weeks to mail it off to HP and have it repaired.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2006, 11:18:47 AM »

I'll second that, for a normal consumer Dell has the best customer service around.

on the other hand, if you are a business, HP is the way to go.

There are different levels of warranty repair, but I know at my last company the two or three times a hard drive went bad on one of the servers(we had 26 of them), HP support was at our office WITHIN 2 HOURS of making the first phone call.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Gamer

Yamaha 350cc Wolverine 4*4

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2006, 10:06:22 PM »

I just ordered a Laptop from them online and noticed they tried to charge me sales tax.  I called them up and asked why am I being charged sales tax when it's an internet purchase that is outside the State of Florida.  They tried to give me some excuse that if there is a Dell store in the State of Florida they have to charge Tax even though my order is being handled outside of the State.  I told them that's a bunch of crap and to to take it off.  They did.  I wonder how much extra there making charging everyone tax when there not supposed to be.
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2006, 09:28:42 AM »

I just ordered a Laptop from them online and noticed they tried to charge me sales tax.  I called them up and asked why am I being charged sales tax when it's an internet purchase that is outside the State of Florida.  They tried to give me some excuse that if there is a Dell store in the State of Florida they have to charge Tax even though my order is being handled outside of the State.  I told them that's a bunch of crap and to to take it off.  They did.  I wonder how much extra there making charging everyone tax when there not supposed to be.

They are supposed to charge you tax though because the corporation has operations inside of Florida. That shows you how good their service is. They took that off just to make a customer happy. Even if you buy something out of state you are required to fill out a DR-15MO within a certain amount of time and pay a 6% Use Tax.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2006, 10:11:32 AM »

Gotta give Dell another thumbs up. Just got my keyboard from DHL and they even included the tools to do it, not cheap tools, but a nice little Stanley phillips head screwdriver with the pocket clip, now I can be a real geek Smiley

LT-R450ApK
Supreme Member

Dont Become the Pink Panther

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2006, 10:54:57 PM »

dell is awsome! my digi broke they next day aired one to me and i shipped the other one back they paid for shipping both ways Doesnt get any better than that,just got a new laptop from them!

Zuk 4Fiddy Lots O Stuff
Faster to list whats stock
ATVXtreme

« Reply #6 on: April 15, 2006, 06:30:20 AM »

I'll second that, for a normal consumer Dell has the best customer service around.

on the other hand, if you are a business, HP is the way to go.

There are different levels of warranty repair, but I know at my last company the two or three times a hard drive went bad on one of the servers(we had 26 of them), HP support was at our office WITHIN 2 HOURS of making the first phone call.

Id@

Dell is the only way to go for business also. There business customer service is the best. I have had several computers with problems, gave them a call and they walked me through the process.
Teej

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2006, 08:15:16 AM »

They most certainly are awesome with businesses also.

I purchased a laptop for business which included a "quickbook" program. When purchasing, I was assured that Dell would give me the same price on the program as I could get buying direct from "quickbooks" or from buying in the store.

The week after purchasing and receiving my dell computer, my business received an ad by mail from "quickbooks".  The ad offered the program I purchased for $50 off as a sale.

I contacted Dell about this sale price and the price I paid to them. Dell immideately without any arguments, credited my companies credit card $50.

That is "customer service" that is HARD to beat!! A big thumbs up for DELL!

Teej  Grin

Kawasaki 400 4x4 Prarie, Mine
Polaris 330 Trailboss, Wife's
Honda 250 Recon, Daughters
Kazuma 110 Falcon Mkll, Sons
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com