Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Apopka's best kept secret "CLOSED"  (Read 2919 times)
WAKORB

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: March 06, 2006, 09:58:10 AM »

I went to the Apopka riding area called many things but best described buy the dump across the street. I arrived there about 11:00 am Sunday and found barriers up at all entrances. So I walked out there to find some guys putting up a fence that will eventually go all the way around the area. They will be posting no trespassing signs in the near future they said. It really sucks that that a couple of bad apples messed up this for everyone. They said it was the sheriff's dept. that shut it down as there were drug deals and stolen cars that were being burned as many of you have seen. Well sorry to break the bad news but that’s what’s up in Apopka.
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2006, 11:40:22 AM »

LMAO, we went there Saturday morning around 11. We had just unloaded when a truck pulled up. The driver was the one contracted to put up the new fence. He warned us that the workers at the dump saw us come in and called the cops. He also mentioned that the cops were so sick and tired of being called out there that they went through great lengths to try to set the scene up to charge you with a bit more then just trespassing. I guess there have been burned up cars out there a lot lately, so they left one (a blue truck). The guy said that if they catch anyone out there that they will just arrest them and charge them with grand theft (of the blue truck)... granted that sounds pretty far fetched, but it was enough of a warning to get us to pack up and head back to the house, lol. I have never been out there, but hear its pretty friggin sweet... or at least it was.

It sucks that people (riders) are so immature and arrogant. It's because of them that we are losing everything. I don't blame private land owners and the government for closing down everything, I wouldnt want to deal with peoples stupidity or the risk of getting sued because some dumbazz gets hurt (probable reason that the dump riding area is now closed).

Oh well... at the rate things are going, it looks like we will all be riding at the track or in our backyards.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
novadave

04 yfz450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2006, 07:32:09 PM »

Its not the atv guys that messed up the place . Its the high school kids that are going out there at night and partying / starting fires . And the burning of car. I have been riding there for over a year . All of the stupidity has started over the past 3 months. Im sure gunna miss riding there. Cry

HELP I NEED SOME PLACE TO RIDE!
warrior123

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2006, 07:29:32 AM »

ive only been goin out there about a month now, but it seems from now on when i am riding some place and see burnt vehicles im personally gonna bring my bigt truck and drag them out to the road. sunday morn i was also approached by a gentleman who said he was the owner. after about an hour long conversation it apopears his tractors were stolen and the cops told him he was gonna be responsible for the stolen cars that were burned if he didnt fence it off. he was a very nice gentleman but in fear for his well being had to shut it down. well another riding place bites the dust!!!! looks like ocala is the only place to ride besides croom....... no more in orlando
rickgarcia250

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2006, 01:22:36 PM »

what road is this place off of?
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2006, 01:49:44 PM »

It WAS off of Keene Rd.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com