Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: who makes racing engines?  (Read 16139 times)
wired2ride

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 12, 2005, 01:49:29 PM »

well anyone know of a local company (in central florida) that makes complete racing engines? from the bone up? i'm not talking about top-of-the-line but a good racing engine that will stand out in local races. Does atp? i looked them over and i see alot of engine maintnence stuff going on and thats really it? say i bought a junk bike and wanted to turn it around into a racer.. such as bigg_pimpin. he got his engine from atp. correct? so yea anyone know who makes ready to race engines and how much? im not 100% sure ill do this but it sounds like an idea and i want to find the cheapest way to make a racing bike
Seabee

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2005, 04:31:23 PM »

If you have not talked to Mike at ATP yet you should. If anything you can pick his brain. He is gonna do my motor work for me. He is working on CrazyCat's DVX right now, and his prices are good. I rode Bigg-Pimpin's 400ex and that thing is something else. In my opinion, it is worth the call.

2005-Ford F150 Lariat Crew Cab 4x4
2004-Volkswagon Jetta GLI
2005-Honda Rancher 4x4
2003-Honda 3??ex, ATP'd
Nightbreed
Supreme Member

ATP Racing Engines Inc.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2005, 04:43:51 PM »

Thanks Seabee,

Give me a call, I will do everything I can to help you out.
407-880-3171
Mike Walker
ATP Racing

If you have not talked to Mike at ATP yet you should. If anything you can pick his brain. He is gonna do my motor work for me. He is working on CrazyCat's DVX right now, and his prices are good. I rode Bigg-Pimpin's 400ex and that thing is something else. In my opinion, it is worth the call.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 03:01:05 PM by Nightbreed » Logged

What doesnt kill you, Makes you stronger!
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

When the green light drops, all bull$hit stops!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2005, 08:16:21 PM »

what kind of race engine are you looking for?  what style of racing?

Team FBI (Florida Boy's Inc.)
A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
wired2ride

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 13, 2005, 06:05:55 AM »

well id say mx.. drags are banshee things and yfz450. what would be the most important thing to do to a stock engine say the honda 450r or 400ex? get a big bore kit and exhaust kit? and the intake mods.. Huh?
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2005, 11:52:43 PM »

Yea ATP is the way to go. I am very very pleased with the results. Buying an older worn out bike to turn into a racer is IMO the best way to go. Yea I still have a lot in mine but no more than I would have spent to buy a brand new one off the showroom and after all the work mine basically is brand new.  Wink

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
trx250rrider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2005, 07:11:47 AM »

yea atp is the best way to go he has real good prices he did my motor and it rips its so nice and fast reliable too..... i never have any doubts abouot my motor since he did it before i had a lot of doubts i was always worried that it would blow up.......

steve Grin Grin
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:12:39 AM by trx250rrider » Logged
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2005, 09:01:57 AM »

if your looking to drag race then PM, and I will hook you up with some people.  To my knowledge, ATP does not have anything out there that is drag racing.  

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 15, 2005, 09:22:09 AM »

if your looking to drag race then PM, and I will hook you up with some people.  To my knowledge, ATP does not have anything out there that is drag racing.  

Thats because we want you guys to have a level playing field. If we brought a quad out nobody would come back for the next race. lol.... WinkGrin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2005, 10:01:27 AM »

hahaha good one da_mtg_man ..... ive heard alot of stuff about ya'll as far as the motor rippin' it up. go to ATP for them to do ur motor.

2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2005, 11:18:25 AM »

Mike Walker definitely knows his stuff when it comes to making his stuff go fast. If it has a motor he figures out how to make it go faster. If you think I'm kidding you should see his weedeater run on race fuel.  Grin

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: February 15, 2005, 11:44:30 AM »

run a stock 400EX then hop on mine or Steve's, you definately will notice the difference,,,,it aint the same engine.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: February 15, 2005, 11:46:52 AM »

WELL THIS IS AN OPEN INVITATION SO EVERYONE CAN SEE......PUT YOUR MONEY WHERE YOUR MOUTH IS.......Roll anything out of your shop and bring it on over to saltsdale, hazelhurst, or valdosta and come get you some.  All you guys have done is talk about about coming out, but you never do.  Scared?  Seems that way.  Step up to the plate then ATP, if you can't handle the heat, get out the frying pan.  Now, come on over to my thread in racing scene, and talk your smack until March 12th, and then show up "JUNIOR!!"

Enough said, if you want your engine to go fast give me a call, I can put you in touch with the right people....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 15, 2005, 01:31:19 PM »

lol... I love pushing buttons. I have nothing to prove to you, I will come out when I have time.I had a blast the last time and I'm sure I'll have a blast again.  
So, Do I get to run that shee of yours?  

As far as the rest of your post, Quit being a little punk.This should be all in fun.LITTLE MAN

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2005, 01:42:13 PM »

You can run that shee anytime you want.  You can't push my buttons, I don't really care.  It is all in fun, you should know that by now.  Quit being a punk, I am just stating facts, you don't build drag racing engines, I know people that do.  Why try to sell someone short, when someone else can give them the opportunity to get more out of their quad than you can.  As far as your post, you know where I am at, LITTLE PUNK.....

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 15, 2005, 01:52:58 PM »

The bottom line is that you have no idea what can be built by ATP.

Wired, You take your quad to whoever you feel comfortable with. We are here to help you if you need it. I guarantee you won't be disappointed.

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2005, 02:28:24 PM »

Mike, your exactly right, I don't know what you guys are capable of building.  I do know that for the money that you guys charged me to port my cylinders, I can get more out of my bike with other engine builders.  I AM ONLY TALKING ABOUT STRAIGHT UP HEADS UP DRAG RACING STREET AND DIRT.  I have absolutely no clue on how your engines are doing mx racing, hare scrambles, circle track, etc.  My point is that if someone is wanting a DRAG RACING MOTOR, unless you are cutting them a heck of a deal to get your name out there, I would not use you guys.  You know as well as I do, that I tried to help you guys in that category, but I ended up paying full price for a set of ported jugs, that were not to the potential that they should of been for the money.  It didn't work out, you guys went your way, I went mine.  I am cordial on this website with you guys, I just want to make sure everyone is getting exactly what they want when the invest money in thier bike.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
400exRacer77

# 71

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2005, 06:31:54 PM »

hahaha i run race gas in my weedeater AND in my go-ped..... hmmmm u smell the sense of aroma when u weedeat?

2000-03 CRF450EX ..... Houser +3 LT a-arms and +1.25 swingarm, Custom Axis fully adjustable suspension front and rear, Walsh radiator, Douglas wheels, CRF450 motor, not quite done yet though......
Triple_R_Cycle_Ski

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2005, 07:01:12 PM »

I am cordial on this website with you guys, I just want to make sure everyone is getting exactly what they want when the invest money in thier bike.I am just stating facts, you don't build drag racing engines, I know people that do.  Why try to sell someone short, when someone else can give them the opportunity to get more out of their quad than you can

I ended up paying full price for a set of ported jugs, that were not to the potential that they should of been for the money

Any bozo can cut metal out of a head  Tongue and charge $300.00 and say i ported and polish it now it race ready

but a real performance  engine builder use flow bench and a dyno with reports of each runner too make sure that all are flowing the same you will need to cc each runner to get the most out of what you have.  you can go way too much with cutting up heads or cylinders .you can make them look pretty and shinny but does it work in the long run  NO! you can clean up a head or jugs and make them flow better but dont try charging customers for race motor when you dont even have the right tools

unless your running drag races you don't need much more than  a pipe,cam and some balls because in MX and H/S you can win with a stock motor I prove it ever race that I win,its all in the rider

Bobby
« Last Edit: February 15, 2005, 07:03:59 PM by Triple_R_Cycle_Ski » Logged

Vet -A  FTR H/S
spankindatazz

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2005, 08:27:01 PM »

i have been sensing lots of hate from triple r.....go with atp....i have no complaints

03 LE A.T.P. Raptor #30...its got some mods...and yes it has a GUCCI seat...
04 GSXR 600....has some chrome on it...more to come
RTR_380/450R
Supreme Member

The older I get..........

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2005, 08:52:29 PM »

I know of a guy!!!!!  PM me if you want some info!
Anybody who has seen us run knows what Im talking about!

RTR PERFORMANCE ENGINES
Specializing in FAST RELIABLE Horspower!!
rtrperformanceengines.com
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 16, 2005, 04:52:13 AM »

RTR, out of curiosity, who does your engines?  what type or racing do you guys do.  I think you race at sand mountain alot and I was talking to fastltz2 about sandmountain saturday morning.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2005, 05:08:16 AM »

maybe I'll bring my 400 out there one of these days to run it.

we'll see what a mild ATP engine does on the track.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
LTZ400ApK

« Reply #23 on: February 16, 2005, 06:54:00 PM »

Hey Smoke,RTR, Stop making post on this thread or it'll be deleted like the rest!!

It's Not about helping people on this site its about making ATP
« Last Edit: February 16, 2005, 07:54:54 PM by LTZ400ApK » Logged
Smoknbanshee
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 16, 2005, 06:59:55 PM »

RTR does Rick Todd do your motors?Huh?

Scooter - 1 mississippi, 2 mississippi, 3 mississippi, 4 mississippi, etc.

A$$ Crack Racing
Choke on my Smoke!
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com