Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Southwest Florida Fox News on ATV riding !!!  (Read 2935 times)
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 14, 2006, 10:24:17 PM »

Channel 4 news in Ft Myers reports that there is a problem with ATV's because the lack of legal riding areas in the county.  County commissioners want to request a legal riding area in Ft Myers.  Also Cape Coral residents blame trash, stolen cars and gun shooting on ATV riders.  The public needs to be a little more educated on our sport. 

Honda250ex
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2006, 07:50:58 AM »

THATS WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT EVEN THOUGH THAT I LIVE PRETTY FAR FROM THER IT SHOULD BE ALOT BETTER FOR EVERY BODY ELSE

'03 F-250 7.3L
Lawn Service 4Sale w/equipment!!
98% of all ATV'ers FLOOR their quads if your the 2% then your GGGGGGGGGGGGGG@@@@@@@@@@yyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2006, 08:33:33 AM »

EXACTLY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE need to take this state wide.If everyone does there part locally the attention is drawn.Then we all set a date while it is a hot topic to stage a protest again same day for all areas county wide in same location for each respective area.Now all of a sudden we have news coverage from every little section of the state on the same day and that gets point across for the real issue of paying registeration fees & not opening more areas!

Bravo!!!!!!!!! 

Warrior

'04 Bombardier Outlander XT 400 H.O.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2006, 12:15:42 PM »

WE need to take this state wide.If everyone does there part locally the attention is drawn.Then we all set a date while it is a hot topic to stage a protest again same day for all areas county wide in same location for each respective area.Now all of a sudden we have news coverage from every little section of the state on the same day and that gets point across for the real issue of paying registeration fees & not opening more areas!

Bravo!!!!!!!!! 

Maybe an Association can be created that will protect our sport. For example, I'm sure many of you have heard of AOPA (Aircraft Owners & Pilot's Association), this is a national and there is also an International group (IAOPA). They defend the private aviation community from ilegal airport closures and extreme measures. They represent them at the local and federal government level. Not just small groups protesting here and there, but a strong group a legal entity.

I cannot say that I would be a good person to start something of this magnitude, but I would certainly not mind at all joining an association of this type and pay my dues, as I have paid my AOPA dues for more than 10 years now. BTW, there are more than 400,000 members today... A group with that weight most certainly has a say in what laws and such passed.

Just a thought....

For more information on the AOPA organization, take a look at www.aopa.org
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 12:18:25 PM by Warrior » Logged

AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2006, 12:31:31 PM »

http://www.atvaonline.com/

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
Warrior

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2006, 02:41:00 PM »

Interesting, I wonder how strong they are and how much they have been able to accomplish... Thats good...

AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2006, 02:42:21 PM »

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,11553.0.html

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2006, 04:22:06 PM »

Bravo!!!!!!!!! 

Well I know your right about we need
take it state wide here. Smiley

And I know we need more private own atv parks
all over state florida and even with atv repair shops and atv outlet stores.

I understand what your saying about lack of riding areas all over of state florida..

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com