Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE  (Read 49783 times)
FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2006, 10:22:59 AM »

Let me clarify something.  It does not bother me that the word God is in the Pledge of Allegiance or on our money.  But where will it stop?  Next thing you know the Christian right will start to force their morales on me.  They might try to stop women from having abortions, or not give full civil rights to certain groups ooooor.  Oh, wait a minute THEY ALREADY ARE DOING THAT!  That's the problem.

And for those of you that say " if you don't like it leave it", I will tell you this.  I'm more American and patriotic than any of you because I know what this country was founded on and I believe in those princibles.   I also support our soldiers fighting muslim extremist around the world.  These extremist are no different than you right wing Christians they are forcing your morales on everyone else.  I CAN NOT believe you can't see that!
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2006, 10:39:28 AM »

RESPECT!  Thumbs Up

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2006, 10:48:58 AM »

Respect.

If my daughter's school called and said 'your daughter is not participateing in the Pledge' then she will be in for a rude awakening when she gets home that day!

That is a very small price to pay to live in the greatest country on earth. If you can't show that much respect then 'get the fauck out!!!!!!'

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2006, 10:51:00 AM »

Why can't we just be one nation united?!?!?!

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2006, 11:00:14 AM »

Posted by: wilburz   'get the fauck out!!!!!!'   Spoken by a true Christian  Dunno.
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2006, 11:10:11 AM »

Respect.

If my daughter's school called and said 'your daughter is not participateing in the Pledge' then she will be in for a rude awakening when she gets home that day!

That is a very small price to pay to live in the greatest country on earth. If you can't show that much respect then 'get the fauck out!!!!!!'

Rude awakening for her if the school called huh?  Does that mean some old fashioned physical abuse? I thought the price I payed is what they take out of my check every week.  I never knew that I was required to say the pledge of allegiance.  Hmm.... As a matter of fact, I'm 22 years old and have never said the pledge.  I've read it, but not said the words aloud. Don't remeber the school ever making an issue of it.  Oh, maybe that's because the principals and teachers respected my rights as an American citizen.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:14:31 AM by WPBSMOKA » Logged

MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2006, 11:19:45 AM »

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

Quote from: LOVIN IT
I say The Pledge of Allegiance and  "Our Father" every morning with my son at school and YES I AM PROUD OF IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THE PLEDGE NO MATTER HOW PEOPLE FEEL

I remember saying the Our fathers in school, and I wasn't even in a Catholic school!

I'm not a worshiping man, I do not believe one faith is correct or better than the other.  I do beleive in a supreme being, and in the end I believe everyone worships to the same "God" so to speak.

With that Said I will be one of the first to stand up and say the pledge and the Our Fathers!!!

Also another thing that annoys me is when the National Anthem is played/sang people do not stop talking, stand up, take their hats off, cover their heat with their RIGHT hand!!!  I sing along, but you don't have to just stand there and respect YOUR country!!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 11:23:12 AM by MuddFreak77 » Logged

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2006, 11:20:21 AM »

Posted by: wilburz   'get the fauck out!!!!!!'   Spoken by a true Christian  Dunno.
How do you get off even thinking anyone gives any respect to your opinion. You are sitting here doing exactly what you are accusing these people of doing, being a narrow minded person.
Let me give you a hypothetical. If you are in a club and someone comes in and decides they want to be a part of you group. You let them in, then they decide they want all the benefits but dont want to practice your traditions. Do you let them stay? Probably not. I dont believe anyone wants someone kicked out because of their beliefs. The problem is that most of these "rebels" dont want to hold true the beliefs that founded this country. These beliefs are what made us such a prosperous nation. Why do a select few want to come in and change it? I am with willburz, if i had a call from a school that my child didnt say the pledge, they would be in trouble when they got home. Old fashioned butt whoopin? You bet. I believe in God and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I will pray for everyone on this site whether you want it or not.

VForcedave
Supreme Member

V TWIN FOR THE WIN.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2006, 11:20:57 AM »

Hey Fishhallic (spelled correctly) Its Vforcedave coming back at ya. How is it going??  I enjoy your point of view, but that is yours, and your right to have one. I am a Christian (and not a very good one all the time, but that is for God to decide) Most Christians know who does the judging on judgement day. Some people have to get knocked off the donkey to to get to know God. But we are not the judges of our peers, we just live in the spirit and hopefully, if we can save one person our whole life from eternal damnation, then we did a good job while we were here. Its not our job to judge.  This whole debate is a debate only. Its no big deal. Its just a few, airing out a little. I pray everyday for many things. I am going to pray for you in a minute. Its no big deal. God is good, The Holy Spirit is my personal action figure. My God has saved me from living in the cesspool of life. He is patient with me, because he knows I am a human being and full of faults. Time for a quick prayer and oh by the way, DRETH, if you see this You are a true soldier of Christ and even though I have never met you personally, You are a leader amongst men and that is why God has given you that blessing. I love this site and every single person on it. No exceptions. My, don't we love those ATV's. Lets roll.      

2004 Kaw Vforce 700 twin. Mine
2005 Honda Rancher 350 Kev Mans
2002 Yamaha 80 Raptor Kev Mans
2000 Jeep Wrangler 4" lift, 33's, winched
1988 Harley FXRP Dropped and chopped
2003 Chevy Duramax 100+K and still cruising. 18mpg.
Joedirt
Supreme Member

I am a FloridaMud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2006, 11:31:46 AM »

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Anyone want to change Anything in the Preamble to the Constitution while we are ruining our country's traditions?

2005 Vinson 4x4
2003 Big Bear 4x4
2001 Prarie 4x4
1987 Dirty Dakota Mud truck on 35 inch Boggers
Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2006, 11:40:05 AM »

And for those of you that say " if you don't like it leave it", I will tell you this.  I'm more American and patriotic  than any of you because I know what this country was founded on and I believe in those princibles.   I also support our soldiers fighting muslim extremist around the world.  These extremist are no different than you right wing Christians they are forcing your morales on everyone else.  I CAN NOT believe you can't see that!

1st I would like to say that yes you are entitled to an opinion just like the rest of us, but this is not a pissing contest of who more American or more patriotic.

My question is why are you now feeling the need to be ugly and name call those of us who do not beleive in what you do?  Undecided  No one is calling you names, or telling you that you are not entitled to an opinion, or telling you that you are not allowed to feel the way you do. No one is even trying to force their morals on you. How does The Pledge of Alligance force morals on people I ask?

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: February 09, 2006, 11:43:57 AM »

How do you get off even thinking anyone gives any respect to your opinion. You are sitting here doing exactly what you are accusing these people of doing, being a narrow minded person.
Let me give you a hypothetical. If you are in a club and someone comes in and decides they want to be a part of you group. You let them in, then they decide they want all the benefits but dont want to practice your traditions. Do you let them stay? Probably not. I dont believe anyone wants someone kicked out because of their beliefs. The problem is that most of these "rebels" dont want to hold true the beliefs that founded this country. These beliefs are what made us such a prosperous nation. Why do a select few want to come in and change it? I am with willburz, if i had a call from a school that my child didnt say the pledge, they would be in trouble when they got home. Old fashioned butt whoopin? You bet. I believe in God and Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. I will pray for everyone on this site whether you want it or not.
Number one, I did not choose to be born in this country, or even born for that matter.  Not saying I don't want to be here, just making an argument. How is he being narrow minded?  Because you haven't convinced him yet to change his feelings on the subject?  Maybe if you made some valid points besides, "most of these rebels dont want to hold true the beliefs that founded this country."  We have already established that the reason this country was founded, was because everyone wanted to have their own say in what they believe.  It still holds true today.  Noone should be forced into saying they believe in GOD.  I will ask again, we know why people want it off and out(not affiliated with god), but make one valid point why it should stay. How would it  apply to every individual in the nation. It doesn't and it won't. Does it go against your beliefs having it on there? NO!  Does it go against your beliefs NOT having it on there? NO!  Does it go against someones beliefs that doesn't believe in God? VERY MUCH SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!   

AlterEgo

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: February 09, 2006, 11:47:38 AM »

[/quote]
Rude awakening for her if the school called huh?  Does that mean some old fashioned physical abuse? I thought the price I payed is what they take out of my check every week.  I never knew that I was required to say the pledge of allegiance.  Hmm.... As a matter of fact, I'm 22 years old and have never said the pledge.  I've read it, but not said the words aloud. Don't remeber the school ever making an issue of it.  Oh, maybe that's because the principals and teachers respected my rights as an American citizen.
[/quote]

Amazing WPBSMOKA. Never said the pledge in your 22 years as a citizen of the United States? I thought all Americans have recited it at least once in their life. Is that because you don't agree with it, or just haven't been asked to say it?

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: February 09, 2006, 11:59:21 AM »

Well growing up I was asked to participate at school.  At that time(no longer the issue) it was against the religious beliefs that my mother was trying to bring me up with. That was only until 8th grade.  My schools never asked me to do it after 8th grade. And I can't think of any other time it was a request. Would I say it now? Good question.... Umm.... I guess I would have to say no.  Strictly because at this point it seems to me that it does not apply to everyone in this nation.  Why would I recite something that I know is untrue?  I know this nation in a whole is not under God! If it said something like "one nation united, idivisable", then yes!  But why would anyone want to recite something that is, well.... just untrue.  Maybe someone could explain exactly what "under God" means.  I am under the impression that it's saying we all put our faith in God. 

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2006, 12:05:48 PM »

Number one, I did not choose to be born in this country, or even born for that matter.  Not saying I don't want to be here, just making an argument. How is he being narrow minded?  Because you haven't convinced him yet to change his feelings on the subject?  Maybe if you made some valid points besides, "most of these rebels dont want to hold true the beliefs that founded this country."  We have already established that the reason this country was founded, was because everyone wanted to have their own say in what they believe.  It still holds true today.  Noone should be forced into saying they believe in GOD.  I will ask again, we know why people want it off and out(not affiliated with god), but make one valid point why it should stay. How would it  apply to every individual in the nation. It doesn't and it won't. Does it go against your beliefs having it on there? NO!  Does it go against your beliefs NOT having it on there? NO!  Does it go against someones beliefs that doesn't believe in God? VERY MUCH SO!!!!!!!!!!!!!   
I never said anyone should be forced to believe in God, i was talking about the pledge. Yes it would offend me to take it off. Why is it that because it offends you it should come off. You are not making any valid points either. There is nothing that will satisfy everyone in this nation.

SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: February 09, 2006, 12:08:11 PM »

Ok, lets make this simple and end this nonscense....

If you believe in God, then by all means, say God when you say the pledge.

If you do not believe in God, then say the pledge and leave out God...

why is that so friggin complicated?Huh

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #66 on: February 09, 2006, 12:30:00 PM »

Maybe someone could explain exactly what "under God" means.  I am under the impression that it's saying we all put our faith in God. 

Here ya go!

The wording of the Pledge has been modified three times.

On June 14, 1923, at the First National Flag Conference held in Washington, D.C., under the 'leadership of the American Legion and the Daughters of the American Revolution, changed the Pledge's words. The latter words were added on the ground that some foreign-born children and adults when giving the Pledge might have in mind the flag of their native land.In 1923, the words “the flag of the United States” were substituted for “my flag.”

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

In 1924, “of America” was added.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

On Flag Day June 14, 1954, the words “under God” were added

This was the last change made to the Pledge of Allegiance. The 23 words what had been initially penned for a Columbus Day celebration now comprised a Thirty-one profession of loyalty and devotion to not only a flag, but to a way of life....the American ideal. Those words now read:

“I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America
and to the Republic for which it stands,
one nation under God, indivisible,
with liberty and justice for all.”

The Pledge of Allegiance continued to be recited daily by children in schools across America, and gained heightened popularity among adults during the patriotic fervor created by World War II. It still was an "unofficial" pledge until June 22, 1942 when the United States Congress included the Pledge to the Flag in the United States Flag Code (Title 36). In 1945 the Pledge to the Flag received its official title as: The Pledge of Allegiance

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When the Pledge is being given, all should stand with the right hand over the heart, fingers together and horizontal with the arm at as near a right angle as possible. After the words "justice to all," the arm should drop to the side. While giving the Pledge of Allegiance all should face the flag.

According to Colonel Moss, no disrespect is displayed by giving the Pledge with a gloved hand over the heart, but he calls our attention to the fact that an Army Officer or an enlisted man always removes his right glove upon taking his oath as a witness. The Daughters of the American Revolution follow the custom of having the right hand ungloved.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heres the link in case anyone wants to read the entire article !
http://www.flagday.org/Pages/StoryofPledge.html
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:34:19 PM by Loven It » Logged

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: February 09, 2006, 12:36:23 PM »

"I never said anyone should be forced to believe in God, i was talking about the pledge. Yes it would offend me to take it off. Why is it that because it offends you it should come off. You are not making any valid points either. There is nothing that will satisfy everyone in this nation." Quote from Bigscrb

I never said being forced to believe in God either!!!! I said have on display that they believe in God!!!!!!!And it doesn't offend me if it comes off! It doesn't offend me if it stays on! It offends me that people are being forced to say that they believe in God when they may not have those beliefs at all!!!! My  point is they don't believe in God, and America is forcing them to say they do!!!! How is that not valid!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry

So what's another modification going to hurt if it's already been changed. Especially when originally it did not say under GOD!!!!!! Everyone is talking about how things were started.  Funny what do you have to say now after seeing your precious "under God" was not the original way?!?!?!?! Seems like the nation was doing well without that in the pledge originally. How's that for a valid point.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 12:44:07 PM by WPBSMOKA » Logged

Loven It
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: February 09, 2006, 12:55:03 PM »

It offends me that people are being forced to say that they believe in God when they may not have those beliefs at all!!!! My  point is they don't believe in God, and America is forcing them to say they do!!!! How is that not valid!!!!! Angry Angry Angry Angry
So what's another modification going to hurt if it's already been changed.

NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO SAY THE THEY BELEIVE IN GOD!

NO ONE IS FORCING ANYONE TO SAY THE PLEDGE!

Definition of forced:
forced    (fôrst, frst) KEY 

ADJECTIVE:

Imposed by force; involuntary: was condemned to a life of forced labor; a plane that made a forced landing.
Produced under strain; not spontaneous: forced laughter.

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: February 09, 2006, 01:02:54 PM »

Well growing up I was asked to participate at school.  At that time(no longer the issue) it was against the religious beliefs that my mother was trying to bring me up with. That was only until 8th grade.  My schools never asked me to do it after 8th grade. And I can't think of any other time it was a request. Would I say it now? Good question.... Umm.... I guess I would have to say no.  Strictly because at this point it seems to me that it does not apply to everyone in this nation.  Why would I recite something that I know is untrue?  I know this nation in a whole is not under God! If it said something like "one nation united, idivisable", then yes!  But why would anyone want to recite something that is, well.... just untrue.  Maybe someone could explain exactly what "under God" means.  I am under the impression that it's saying we all put our faith in God. 

At the very least kids these days should stand up and respect the reciting of the Pledge of Allegiance! Just stand up! No one will know if you are talking or not anyways. That is a small price to pay for a public education.  I think youngsters these days that don't stand for the pledge are just looking for a little attention that there families have failed to provide to them.  I am sure there are a lot of kids that don't say the pledge but do participate in the event.     

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
Chuck_Norris

« Reply #70 on: February 09, 2006, 01:10:12 PM »

That is unfortunate that your school did not have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing, Columbine is a perfect example. School systems are so scare of the left wingers, ACLU and other sue happy oraganizations. That is not respect, that is just plain out being YELLOW, and Spineless
There is a sense of integrity that is built into something like the pledge. It allows me to thanks that next soldier that comes into my dealership for his part in keeping My country, My family safe. I make it a point to Shake the hand of every military/veteran man and woman who has contributed to our country.

We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Anyone want to change Anything in the Preamble to the Constitution while we are ruining our country's traditions?
WELL SAID
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:20:39 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: February 09, 2006, 01:14:13 PM »

That is unfortunatethat your school did not have the intestinal fortitude to do the right thing, Columbine is a perfect example. School systems  are so scare of the left wingers, ACLU and other sue happy oraganizations That is not respect that is just plain out being YELLOW, and Spineless
Absolutely Chuck, I couldnt have said it better.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:48:33 PM by bigscrub79 » Logged

WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: February 09, 2006, 01:19:21 PM »

I did stand up, sometimes I was asked to leave the room.  But once again, the money they take out of my check each week is what pays for all these things.  I don't owe anything to anyone! You all got here the same way I did.  I was born out of my mothers womb. 
And Chuck, I really don't understand what you were trying to say. Not saying it's false or anything. I'm just saying I don't quite understand.  Intestinal fortitude? What action, and who is being yellow? please explain Smiley

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #73 on: February 09, 2006, 01:23:38 PM »

I did stand up, sometimes I was asked to leave the room.  But once again, the money they take out of my check each week is what pays for all these things.  I don't owe anything to anyone! You all got here the same way I did.  I was born out of my mothers womb. 
And Chuck, I really don't understand what you were trying to say. Not saying it's false or anything. I'm just saying I don't quite understand.  Intestinal fortitude? What action, and who is being yellow? please explain Smiley
The Left wingers and the ACLU type organization are the first people to sue someone for doing the right thing, intestinal fortitude means having th GUTS to say something and do something with out fear, especially of the above mentioned organizations
I say and this is my opinion and belief, There are Men and Woman fighting for our country so that we can reap what they sow, you can give them the respect of saying  a simple pledge without grief. I am sure your tune would change if you were on the front line as I was so many times before, They make the ultimate sacrifice for us. Jesus Christ made the ultimate Sacrifice on the old wooden Cross, and for that I am faithful to his word. and give the due respect top our service man and woman...  I guess it boils down to just that sacrifice... that'll preach
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 01:32:55 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #74 on: February 09, 2006, 01:30:55 PM »

So what are you saying?  I should be thrown out of public school because my beliefs(at that time) required me to not participate in the Pledge?  Doesn't sound like freedom of religion to me.  And who's to say what's right in that aspect?  Who is, and what action is someone being yellow and spineless about?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com