Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE  (Read 49798 times)
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »

Here ya go!

The wording of the Pledge has been modified three times.

On June 14, 1923, at the First National Flag Conference held in Washington, D.C., under the 'leadership of the American Legion and the Daughters of the American Revolution, changed the Pledge's words. The latter words were added on the ground that some foreign-born children and adults when giving the Pledge might have in mind the flag of their native land.In 1923, the words “the flag of the United States” were substituted for “my flag.”

I pledge allegiance to the Flag of the United States,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

In 1924, “of America” was added.

I pledge allegiance to the Flag
of the United States of America,
and to the Republic for which it stands:
one Nation indivisible,
With Liberty and Justice for all.

On Flag Day June 14, 1954, the words “under God” were added
Wow a whole 52 years.  How could we break something like that. Dude my grand parents are older than under god being in the pledge.

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2006, 04:03:47 PM »

**Keep in mind I am Agnostic, arguing from a religious point of view that requires this of their followers.  **

Can explain your defination of Agnostic please?

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
Pronunciation: ag-'näs-tik, &g-
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek agnOstos unknown, unknowable, from a- + gnOstos known, from gignOskein to know -- more at KNOW
: a person who holds the view that any ultimate reality (as God) is unknown and prob. unknowable; broadly : one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2006, 04:08:18 PM »

Not saying there is, not saying there isn't. Smiley

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »

Anyone else? Boxer 
I am just here to debate.  Like I said before I could care less about what's on the dollar bill or the pledge. 

o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2006, 04:17:33 PM »

Anyone else? Boxer 
I am just here to debate.  . 

What a cool life you live.
bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2006, 04:20:38 PM »

OK OK YOU WIN I CAME FROM APES..

ANYONE HAVE ANY BANNANS??     ITS ALL GOOD
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2006, 04:21:35 PM »

Anyone else? Boxer 
I am just here to debate.  . 

What a cool life you live.
Grin Cool

WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2006, 04:38:57 PM »

Some thing else I would like to point out.   It's not neccesarily the word God that is an issue here.  It's the way it is used.  Let me start off by quoting a selected part of the definition  Chuck provided for the word Agnostic. Smiley
Quote from Chucknorris

Main Entry: 1ag·nos·tic
 one who is not committed to believing in either the existence or the nonexistence of God or a god

[/quote]
As you can see, even this dictionary(which I would consider any dictionary to be considered a reliable source)says, "God or a god".
"one nation under God". This isn't giving much room for flexibility.  Wink
I'm not saying that it could be rewritten at this pont neccesarily, but if it was worded in a different way originally, maybe this would not be such an issue for some people.  Grin

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2006, 04:47:00 PM »

Boy did I miss out?   Grin  I can see that we'll have to agree to disagree on this issue.  And for those of you (Vforcedave) who choose to pray for me, THANK YOU.   Bow  

Now, one last thing.  You guys are not seeing the whole picture.  This is about more than The Pledge of Allegiance or In God we Trust on our currency.  This is about religious fundamentalist trying to ram their values on me.  

Lets look at these subjects.  Abortion, school prayer, creationism, anti-gay rights.  These are just a few things that right wing christians are trying to force on other people.  I'm not trying to force anything on anyone just don't force anything on me.

Yes, I respect your rights to believe in what you want just please respect mine!   I just thank God that we live in this country, oops did I just say that. Grin   Peace brothers, now lets ride! Drive
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: February 09, 2006, 04:48:51 PM »

Man I like your style fish. This will be my last response on here. Peace! Cool
LOL. Just this thread! Grin Grin Grin

FishaHallic
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: February 09, 2006, 05:13:56 PM »

Thumbs Up
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: February 09, 2006, 05:15:56 PM »

FORD OR CHEVY , DEMOCRAT OR REPUBLICAN, PEACE FREAK OR WAR MONGER, OHV RIDERS OR TREEHUGGERS, SHORT OR VERTICALLY CHALLENGED, FISHERMAN OR HUNTER, BUTCHER OR P.E.T.A. MEMBER:Smiley Roll Eyes Roll Eyes Roll Eyes ::)CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PUT THIS DEAD HORSE OUT OF IT'S MISERY.  THIS IS GETTING OLD!!!! The bottom line here is that the largest MAJORITY of the world, whether it be christian, buddhist, muslim, jewish, hindu or whatever "religion", they all beleive in a god, whether they call him God, Muhammad, Buddha or jimmy cricket. IMHO religious types are just an opinion. They all beleive in a God or a higher power, just not written in the same speech. So to shorten this, I beleive the atheist's or agnostics are definitely the minority.
Crispy

2005 400EX

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: February 09, 2006, 07:05:28 PM »

I Agree.

I've said the pledge allegiance every day since kindergarten and I don't plan on stopping now God bless this country.

FREESTYLE . orlando, fl.
dreth

« Reply #113 on: February 09, 2006, 07:38:07 PM »

After reading dreths other thread started "Gain Respect or Lose Friends" (it was inspirational  Wink ): He is right a lot of people have read this and are choosing to stay out of it. I was one of them for the reason that these  matters can sometimes get sticky, as we do not all agree espically on religion.  When I looked and saw 414 people have read it and only 45 responded on either side of it. I decided to stand up for what I beleive in no matter who does not agree with me. 

I PLEDGE ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG, OF THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, AND TO THE REPUBLIC, FOR WHICH IT STANDS, ONE NATION UNDER GOD, INDIVISIBLE, WITH LIBERTY AND JUSTICE FOR ALL.

I say The Pledge of Allegiance and  "Our Father" every morning with my son at school and YES I AM PROUD OF IT AND WILL CONTINUE TO SAY THE PLEDGE NO MATTER HOW PEOPLE FEEL

thank you Wink

dreth

« Reply #114 on: February 09, 2006, 07:38:56 PM »

Hey Fishhallic (spelled correctly) Its Vforcedave coming back at ya. How is it going??  I enjoy your point of view, but that is yours, and your right to have one. I am a Christian (and not a very good one all the time, but that is for God to decide) Most Christians know who does the judging on judgement day. Some people have to get knocked off the donkey to to get to know God. But we are not the judges of our peers, we just live in the spirit and hopefully, if we can save one person our whole life from eternal d**nation, then we did a good job while we were here. Its not our job to judge.  This whole debate is a debate only. Its no big deal. Its just a few, airing out a little. I pray everyday for many things. I am going to pray for you in a minute. Its no big deal. God is good, The Holy Spirit is my personal action figure. My God has saved me from living in the cesspool of life. He is patient with me, because he knows I am a human being and full of faults. Time for a quick prayer and oh by the way, DRETH, if you see this You are a true soldier of Christ and even though I have never met you personally, You are a leader amongst men and that is why God has given you that blessing. I love this site and every single person on it. No exceptions. My, don't we love those ATV's. Lets roll.      

and thank you too
dreth

« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2006, 07:43:21 PM »

are yall trying kill me or what? i come home to find 7 pages i have to read Huh it looks as though i have inspired a few folks and for that i am very thankful! to both sides of this debate i say it was handled well considering the nature of the subject Wink  i can take home with me that the majority is on my side Thumbs Up

dreth

« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2006, 07:52:17 PM »

one more thing.................................i see that alot of yall still chose not to voice your opinions.........................thats sad, this is your country were discussing
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2006, 11:14:04 PM »

I don't see the words Pledge of Allegiance. Hmm.....
I don't know about you, but my creator was my mother and my father. How we're you created?

I know how I got here, and I also know how you got here too!

Jeremiah 1:5, “Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, before you were born I set you apart; I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
tony pitts
Supreme Member

Life's short, ride hard.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2006, 12:01:08 AM »

another saying written by man doesnt mean a thing

bluesman
Supreme Member

03 ds650baja/03kfx 400/ 03kfx 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2006, 06:22:41 AM »

Its nice to see , we are good enough of a group that we can talk about this
without anyone getting hurt. This is a great debate.We should all thank GOD we live in a country that we could do so. without the fear of a beheading..   I know I am..       JAKE BLUES

Chuck_Norris

« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2006, 06:42:08 AM »

are yall trying kill me or what? i come home to find 7 pages i have to read Huh it looks as though i have inspired a few folks and for that i am very thankful! to both sides of this debate i say it was handled well considering the nature of the subject Wink  i can take home with me that the majority is on my side Thumbs Up

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

GOTTCHA BACK BROTHER Thumbs Up

another saying written by man doesnt mean a thing

OK THAT BEING SAID AND TO YOUR UNDERSTANDING,THEN NOTHING YOU WRITE HAS ANY MEANING, THE LAWS THAT ARE WRITTEN DOCUMENTS MEAN NOTHING. OH WAIT THIS IS THE COMPUTER AGE SO LET TYPE EVERYTHING AND THEN MAYBE IT WILL HAVE SOME MEANING,  BETTER YET SMOKE SIGNALS. CAUSE I SMELL SOMETHING COOK'N
« Last Edit: February 10, 2006, 07:21:43 AM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
greenmachine
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2006, 10:19:02 AM »

There are obviousley more  8)beleivers Cool on here than " >:Dagnostics Evil", so by a majority rule there is a higher power. To keep debating this is trying to change the unchangeable. I beleive in God as most on here & in America do, the ones keeping this useless bickering alive are the ones trying to hit a nerve with the rest of us beleivers. To let this thread keep going is just feeding the flame of agnosticism. GOD BLESS EVERYONE, even the agnostics.
LIV2RIDE
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2006, 10:37:18 AM »

I would rather live my life as if there is a God, and die to find out there isn't, than live my life as if there isn't, and die to find out there is.

Hell is too hot for too long to be wrong!

Check out  --------------------------> www.quadsforchrist.net
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2006, 11:59:27 AM »

I'm kind of amazed that this thread hasnt been deleted/locked yet. All I see is this as is a bickering about religion and politics... arent those no-nos on the discussion boards? We all know that this thread can go back and forth for 10000000 pages... everyone has thier own opinion and considering the gravity of the topic, I HIGHLY doubt anyone is going to change thier opinions anytime soon, not that anyone should.

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
AlterEgo

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2006, 12:31:57 PM »

Thank you SkyHigh!!

Bombardier Outlander Max XT 800
Polaris Predator 50
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: