Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Two more idiots to add to the record book!  (Read 4693 times)
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« on: February 21, 2005, 04:38:44 PM »

SARASOTA COUNTY -- A man remained in critical condition Monday after being injured in an ATV crash Sunday afternoon.

Dustin Dawn, 21, was thrown from his ATV when he collided with an ATV driven by 20-year-old Gregory Klein, according to the Florida Highway Patrol.

The crash occurred on 10th Street near Fruitville Park.

Dawn was flown by helicopter to Bayfront Medical Center in St. Petersburg, where he remained in critical condition on Monday afternoon. Klein was taken to Doctors Hospital of Sarasota, where he was treated for minor injuries.

The FHP has charged Klein with operating an ATV on the roadway. No charges have been filed against Dawn.

Jamie Brennan, who lives in the neighborhood and saw the accident happen, said ATVs, motorcycles and scooters frequently race down 10th Street on weekend afternoons. She said neighbors have complained to the authorities and have asked for speed bumps on the street.

Brennan was riding a bicycle Sunday afternoon with her husband and 20-month-old daughter when she witnessed the accident. She said neither driver wore a helmet.

"When I saw them (Sunday) they didn't seem like they were racing, but right after they passed us they sped up," Brennan said.

"I feel so bad for them, but it's frustrating because they are endangering everybody out there," she said.

MadMudder
Supreme Member

Semper Fi

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2005, 05:12:08 PM »

-_-   OH NO THEY ARENT SAFE BAN THEM!!!!!! well they werent wearing a helmate and were on the road. THAT CAN BE OVERLOOKED BANN THEM!!!!    

Man, every time one person gets hurt on these things somebody goes crying to the cops that their atv hurt them. Then this just adds fuel to the fire. I'm sorry the atv is a machine and won't do anything you don't tell it to and when you bought it you should have know where and how to ride it. I wish these people would either not get these things or learn how to use them!  [smiley=banghead.gif] [smiley=angry2.gif]

2013 BF650i 4x4
Stock; for now..
trx250rrider

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2005, 06:20:46 PM »

this is true it will do wat u make it and if ur not responsible enough too ride one then u shouldent and dont race down a road!!!! :-/
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2005, 07:49:03 PM »

Dumb ba@@ards
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2005, 07:56:32 PM »

what next ?  drive a CORVETTE without a seatbelt going 120 mph and crash.  it is the cars problem and has to be banned? what about the MEATBALL that ride his RICE-ROCKET and wrecks it without a hemet now motorcycles have to be banned?  people have to take respoceablty for there actions!!!!!!! Angry
Quad32x
Supreme Member

Work My Sausage !

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2005, 07:29:52 AM »

Can  you  say  Jackass !!! [smiley=stooges.gif]

Team LFG , Local Fat Guys.
Mystic Motorsports Vet Class Rider #32
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2005, 12:06:27 PM »

Could you imagine how much crap this kid would have stirred up if he had hit the woman and 20 month old baby on the bicycle!!

On the other hand, If the local government would stop closing down all the riding spots maybe this wouldn't happen so much. I live in Sarasota County and now that North Port is closed again I've got a two hour drive in either direction to ride my $6000 paper weight.
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2005, 05:45:30 PM »

with ATV sales growing  every yr and the ride areas that we are losing  it will wont be getting better!  for every ATVthat is sold the state gets the tax$$$$ and the title$$$  and we get nothing!!!  STOP THE FL ATV TITLE SCAM !!!!!!!  
Shotgun
Supreme Member

2003 Yamaha Kodiak, 2004 Suzuki Eiger, 2007 Seadoo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2005, 07:32:24 PM »

The whole world sucks ass.
raptorboy954

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2005, 08:40:20 PM »

back home in puerto rico, almost everyday a new story comes out in the newspaper about someone that lost control of the quad and hit something. usually a car or truck or down a cliff. im tired of those jack@#$es who ride really powerfull quads without any experience, without a helmet, and worst of all, on the street!!!   somethings gotta be done

LOOKING FOR A NEW QUAD
weekendwarrior1

WTF

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2005, 06:02:35 PM »

ATV crash kills man, injures girl

STAFF REPORT

EAST MANATEE -- A 21-year-old man was killed and a 16-year-old girl critically injured after an all-terrain vehicle they were riding crashed into a car Sunday.

Daniel J. Guth III of Palmetto was killed, and Delilah G. Corkern was critically injured, police said. Corkern was taken to Tampa General Hospital.

The wreck occurred about 7:25 p.m. on Upper Manatee River Road as a Toyota attempted to turn left onto Glory Way Boulevard.

Any body know these people? This another local one.
500runner

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2005, 07:48:08 PM »

who cares !!!!  he got what he deserves!!!  rideing  down the street at high speed !!!  let me guess no HELMET TO !!   Lips Sealed
LonesomeTriZ

By what ever means necassary.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2005, 02:58:20 PM »

Keep in mind this is our my beloved three wheelers got such a bad name. I agree with every one here, these people were idiots. But WE have to pay the price. Instead of talking, what actions can we take? Any ideas?

Two 85 Tri-Z's,
86 Tri-Z's,
Two 85 YT175's For sale,
83 YTM 225DX,
83 YTM 200L For sale,
82 Tri-Zinger 60,
83 Tri-Zinger For sale,
85 YT 125,
89 Pro Hauler 230,
05 YFZ 450,
99 V-Star,

Moving back to Florida soon.
customrubicon
Supreme Member

It's Time To ride, B4 The Mud Gets Dry !!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2005, 06:54:21 PM »

There is little that we can do. This is disturbing to hear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v333/customrubicon/fmrsig-2.jpg

2003 rubicon
2002 kingquad
2004 LRX 90
2004 LRX 50
1979 bronco
2004 rhino
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com