Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Had a bad day today  (Read 3477 times)
Chuck_Norris

« on: March 03, 2005, 06:03:13 PM »

I wanted to share this experience with you that I had at work. because of the End result, in the words of Bill Cosby and Fat Albert"if you pay attention, you might just learn something."
I wanted to share and event that took place today at work with someone because of what I learned. I had a real tough day today trying to meet dead lines and promise times. ran into several delays. and a few upset guests along the way. I had developed a grimace on my face and projected a negative vibe around me wondering how I was going to meet the remaining objectives. My lead Tech got my attention and call me to the side recognizing my pain, he told me to extend my hand to him. I did so. He in turn pricked the center of my palm with a sharp nail, Shocked Just enough to get my attention. He then stated " Now imagine that nail 6 times larger and piercing your hand, Remember that he said, Jesus took on something 6 times larger than you are right now, give it to him!.   I called him as I was on my way home and thanked him for the reality check.  Thanks Be to God.
Thanks for letting me share this.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 06:03:30 PM by Chuck_Norris » Logged
Qdawg76
Supreme Member

AKA FLblaster. AKA FLsportsman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2005, 06:07:28 PM »

Amen Chuck, No matter how bad it gets there is always someone out there worse off than you. Thats the way I live my life, And I am thankful to be able to live in this county that is Blessed by God.... Thanks for sharing your story

05 ATP 330
08 Polaris RZR 800
06 Predator 90
07 Polaris Outlaw 525
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2005, 06:57:38 PM »

about 4.5 years ago when I had just figured out that it was time to file for divorce, I had a bad month-end closing at work, I was trying to figure out what I would do with my daughter who was just a year old, and generally feeling downright crappy.  I had stopped at a stoplight very near to my parent's house and saw a woman waiting on a bench for the city-bus with a load of groceries at her side.

Nothing about that was most unusual except that the lady obviously had the face of a mentally retarded person(if you have met one, you know the face).

That was my reality check.  My life (to me) had gone down the tubes at that time, but God showed me that I had family that was not going to let me live on the street,  I had a brain running on all eight cylinders and, I had the capacity to make my situation better.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
dreth

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2005, 07:40:51 PM »

we all get caught up in ourselves sometimes and forget about others, and thats when were at our worst! Jesus is not living for Jesus! He is living for us! in the course of your day try to make a habit out of helping just one person to have a better day and watch your bad days go bye bye. love one another!  we have forgot that!

WHAT IF JESUS FORGOT!
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2005, 09:34:44 PM »

Great stories guy's. Sometimes we really need to reflect on how blessed we are. It really is true "give and it shall be given to you". Everytime we help someone it's His law that we feel better to. You just can't fight it. I feel better already Grin
« Last Edit: March 03, 2005, 09:36:43 PM by eric » Logged
prnstar123

let's ride!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2005, 04:41:47 AM »

interesting story..

2005 yamaha yfz 450 (favorite toy)
2002 yamaha r1 (custom)
1999 Honda cbr 900 (stunt bike)
2004 Honda crf 50 (trick bike)
jbbj220

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2005, 05:17:42 AM »

Here is something that my mother told me many years ago and even got a wall hanging that had this on it. Something to think about!

"I complained because I had no shoes until I met a man that had no feet."

God bless all.

you don't stop rideing because you get old, you get old because you stop rideing
BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2005, 06:27:00 AM »

I had commented to my customer what a crappy day the weather/day was and he stated it was a beautiful day we have life and health. I thought that was awsome VERY eye opening on how we take so much for granted. As for chuck and his bad day man I thought he was a fire man due to the fires he had to put out (hehe)

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2005, 09:02:54 AM »

Something to make you feel good on a bad day  Wink

A little girl had been shopping with her Mom in Target. She must have been 6 years old, this beautiful red haired, freckle faced image of innocence. It was pouring outside. The kind of rain that gushes over the top of rain gutters, so much in a hurry to hit the earth it has no time to flow down the spout. We all stood there under the awning and just inside the door of the Target.

We waited, some patiently, others irritated because nature messed up their hurried day. I am always mesmerized by rainfall. I got lost in the sound and sight of the heavens washing away the dirt and dust of the world. Memories of running, splashing so carefree as a child came pouring in as a welcome reprieve from the worries of my day.

The little voice was so sweet as it broke the hypnotic trance we were all caught in "Mom, let's run through the rain," she said.
"What?" Mom asked.

"Let 's run through the rain!" She repeated.

"No, honey. We'll wait until it slows down a bit," Mom replied.

This young child waited about another minute and repeated: "Mom, let's run through the rain,"

"We'll get soaked if we do," Mom said.

"No, we won't, Mom. That's not what you said this morning," the young girl said as she tugged at her Mom's arm.

This morning? When did I say we could run through the rain and not get wet?

"Don't you remember? When you were talking to Daddy about his cancer, you said, 'If God can get us through this, he can get us through anything!"

The entire crowd stopped dead silent. I swear you couldn't hear anything but the rain. We all stood silently. No one came or left in the next few minutes.
Mom paused and thought for a moment about what she would say. Now some would laugh it off and scold her for being silly. Some might even ignore what was said. But this was a moment of affirmation in a young child's life. A time when innocent trust can be nurtured so that it will bloom into faith.

"Honey, you are absolutely right. Let's run through the rain. If GOD let's us get wet, well maybe we just needed washing," Mom said.

Then off they ran. We all stood watching, smiling and laughing as they darted past the cars and yes, through the puddles. They held their shopping bags over their heads just in case. They got soaked. But they were followed by a few who screamed and laughed like children all the way to their cars.

And yes, I did. I ran. I got wet. I needed washing.

Circumstances or people can take away your material possessions, they can take away your money, and they can take away your health. But no one can ever take away your precious memories...So, don't forget to make time and take the opportunities to make memories everyday. To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven.

I HOPE YOU STILL TAKE THE TIME TO RUN THROUGH THE RAIN.

Mrs.Nightbreed

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2005, 09:30:02 AM »

I am having a rotten day today as a matter of fact [smiley=Angry.gif]  Now you went and nade me cry..... Cry
That is a BEAUTIFUL story Kawgirl
THANK YOU [smiley=Hug.gif]

That was just what I needed [smiley=kiss.gif]
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2005, 09:51:15 AM »

It always is great to have a reality check from time to time.  Most things we worry about really aren’t all that important in the big picture.  Here’s another inspirational message:

“I hired a plumber to help me restore an old farmhouse, and after he had just finished a rough first day on the job: a flat tire made him lose an hour of work, his electric drill quit and his ancient one ton truck refused to start.

While I drove him home, he sat in stony silence. On arriving, he invited me in to meet his family. As we walked toward the front door, he paused briefly at a small tree, touching the tips of the branches with both hands.

When opening the door he underwent an amazing transformation. His tanned face was wreathed in smiles and he hugged his two small children and gave his wife a kiss.
Afterward he walked me to the car. We passed the tree and my curiosity got the better of me. I asked him about what I had seen him do earlier.

"Oh, that's my trouble tree," he replied. "I know I can't help having troubles on the job, but one thing's for sure, those troubles don't belong in the house with my wife and the children. So I just hang them up on the tree every night when I come home and ask God to take care of them.

Then in the morning I pick them up again. "Funny thing is," he smiled, "when I come out in the morning to pick 'em up, there aren't nearly as many as I remember hanging up the night before."   --H

big-daddy
Defender of the secret society!
Supreme Member

Home of the Brave

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2005, 10:06:55 AM »

great storys guys and girls. Chuck you need to take it easy. Working at a car dealer. its one of the worst job for stress, next to a air traffic controler. I been there! Ran The Collection Service Department for over 21 Years. I know what the end of the month deadlines are. Dealing with tech, saleperson and Customers on a daily manner. What worked for me was to leave the dealership for a hour for Lunch. get in your truck, turn off your phone and eat your lunch for an hour. I also had a friend that explained to me what I was doing to myself. God Bless and take care.    

I wonder if we can get Cheney to take Obama hunting?
1985 CJ7 Swamp Buggy named Swamp Thing
2001 Yamaha Wolverine 4x4
2005 Kodiak 450 4x4
2007 F150 Super Crew FX4
Proud RR and FMR member
NRA Life Time member
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com