Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Will Not Purchase ATV  (Read 17338 times)
apoppple

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 30, 2006, 11:27:05 PM »

It is sad. I am VERY interested in purchasing a few ATV's for my family but will not as I have not place to ride here in teh Northwest Pensacola area. It is ashame that such a great family function has been relegated to a pipe dream.  Disappointed and saddened.

:-(
qt314nfla

« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2006, 11:30:46 PM »

There are several ppl that live in the northern part of the state.  They ride sports and utes.  Somehow they are finding places to ride.  Nice thing about being up there is that you are close to out of state riding areas that are better than what we have down here.  If I were in your shoes I'd take some time on this site and look around for where ppl are riding and meet up w/ some of them.  I'd hate to see you think you have to cut yourself out of a great hobby.
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 01:54:06 AM »

Not sure if this website will be of any help  Roll Eyes  http://www.tallahasseetrailriders.org/
PaulyV500

Ride on!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2006, 06:01:17 AM »

Hell's Tate is not too far from you.  Check it out.

2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV
wilburz
Supreme Member

Tastes like chicken!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2006, 06:53:41 AM »

Get some cajones! Buy bikes first and then find a place to ride. The least you can do is drive donuts in your front yard for a while.  Wink

1978 ridin mower, 48 inch cut, 3.4 hp briggs & stratton
12-6-3 front
14-8-5 back
no muffler
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2006, 07:32:24 AM »

Saying there's no places to ride is like saying there's too much rain or too much cold weather or you're too busy to ride.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2006, 11:22:57 AM »

thats the perfect thing to to is not buy an atv. the manufacturers dont put any money back into the sport, by securing lands for us to ride their bikes, so if theres nowhere to ride, why buy a bike. this guy doesnt want to look over his shoulder to see of the man is coming to ticket him and his family, join the club, there isnt anywhere to ride for free anymore. i thought this was a free country? not anymore

modified z400
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2006, 11:34:01 AM »

Apparentally you can deal with driving around your z400. Grin

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
Sweet Z

Life is to short go slow.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2006, 12:10:23 PM »

If you want to ride real bad. You will find a place to ride.

2004 LTD Black and Yellow Z400 its FOR SALE
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2006, 12:49:39 PM »

I am starting to agree with you. I am seriously considering selling my dirt bike. We have no where to ride and its a losing battle trying to get more places. I just plan on moving west or north where i can snowmobile, atv, and do whatever else i want without getting hassled by the man. believe it or not there are a few places where we still have freedom.

I'm thinking about getting into boating again. Even though my boat isn't as fun as riding my dirt bike I can go anywhere with it and not get hassled.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 12:53:13 PM by njoutlaw230 » Logged
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2006, 04:27:30 PM »

Buy used!!!
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »

Try googleearth.com

and look up on terra server....

I have a web site but their is atv park
 in southern Alabama somewhere you can pay
a fee get into gate and even camping or rv.
http://www.southernridgeatvtrails.com

Check this one out in southern alabama.
This second atv park.
http://www.dirtydogpark.com/index.html

They even got one near dothan AL
Well thats cool if i was living in chipley FL area
If i was over there...
http://www.dirtydogpark.com/id2.html

I have two web site you can see...
theses are up near fl  panhandle areas this right near alabama.

http://www.bloodybear.funtigo.com/?cr=1&rfm=y
New web site
http://www.southernoutlaws.com

I think i saw this on web site forum
while back on northfloridaatv.org
On guys member profile
while back last year during jan 2005...

Thanks,
Amhighlander  Cool

Ps:I hope this info help you out... Smiley
« Last Edit: January 31, 2006, 07:18:17 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 08:37:35 PM »

It is sad. I am VERY interested in purchasing a few ATV's for my family but will not as I have not place to ride here in teh Northwest Pensacola area. It is ashame that such a great family function has been relegated to a pipe dream.  Disappointed and saddened.

:-(

Try this web page

http://www.fl-dof.com/forest_recreation/ohv_public.html

i wish you luck on your search, we ride on private and public property, anytime you like come join us.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
qt314nfla

« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 10:30:45 PM »

Alright guys I'm sick and tired of ppl complaining about not having places to ride.  There are places to ride in Florida.  If you don't like it then pack your crap and get the hell out.  The rest of us like it here and are bored with your useless complaining!  If you consider the size of this state and the number of ppl in this state and the simple fact that there are several riding places w/in 2 hours and some 3 hrs away it's not bad.

Most states in the country take 3-4 hrs to cover the entire state north-south and east to west.  This state takes 8 hrs to drive north-south and 3-4 hrs east-west.  Land is becoming available and ppl are working on it.  If you are not a part of the solution then you are a part of the problem.

NJ-sorry dude you've been talking about selling your bike for a year now.  So just get rid of it and leave the site or decide to keep it and come ride w/ the rest of us.  But please take the negativity somewhere else.  You were doing well on turning things around w/ the bad attitude but it somehow slides back in.  You live w/in 20 min of my house.....I can tell you I have an ample amount of places to ride.

Please everyone try to be more positive or take some affirmative action and ask where you can help.  Life isn't about giving things to us.  We all have to work for our homes and our hobbies.  Why should riding places be any different.  Those other states had to work to get what they have and it took ppl helping the cause to get there.  Please consider your stances and when you decide to complain stop and ask yourself who or where you need to go to find a solution and make change in positive directions that help your cause. 
susieblazer
Supreme Member

It's WHAT the winds blowing!! Git R Dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2006, 11:08:39 PM »

Clapper 

Well said you go girlfriend!!! There are still lots of places....people just need to get off their duff and go.........quit the whining and belly-aching.........if ya want a rocking chair ....get it at Cracker Barrell.......thats where the rest of us will be eating breakfast as we head out on the RIDE!!!!!!! 

2000 Polaris 325 Trail Boss  Red/White/Blue
2005 Polaris 250 Trail Blazer  50 Year Edition Orange
2005 Suzuki LTZ400   White/Blue
Railbuggy Type 4 (4 seater)  Light Burgandy
MIKE D

swamp-n

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2006, 09:23:07 AM »

I am glad you still have places to ride close to your house.In the last 2 years I have lost 3 great riding spots within an hours drive of my house(bad luck,yucapan and bonita)I have off roaded at these places for 30 years. I see you have a yoshimura pipe on you bike, that was part of the reason yucapan was closed down just before x-mass,(less noise =more space to ride)  I bought my son a 50cc for x-mass and no longer have a place to ride with him close by that is legle.When you have to drive 3 hours to ride,you can only ride for 3 or 4 hours and than sit in the truck for another 3 to get home this sux I would rather ride for 8 hours and drive for 2.. When you ,your wife and son each get $75  tickets for tresspassing  it hurts the family budget.You are tresspassing in the state of fl if you dont have the owners permission to ride there.The way building is going in the state of fl you too will some day lose your riding spots close to your house, when this happens to you,you will feel differet about a 3 hour trip to go riding every weekend.
MIKE

03 honda rincon 650 4x4
98 foreman 450 es 4x4
05 yamaha fx cruiser HO waverunner
qt314nfla

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2006, 12:15:51 PM »

I am glad you still have places to ride close to your house.In the last 2 years I have lost 3 great riding spots within an hours drive of my house(bad luck,yucapan and bonita)I have off roaded at these places for 30 years. I see you have a yoshimura pipe on you bike, that was part of the reason yucapan was closed down just before x-mass,(less noise =more space to ride)  I bought my son a 50cc for x-mass and no longer have a place to ride with him close by that is legle.When you have to drive 3 hours to ride,you can only ride for 3 or 4 hours and than sit in the truck for another 3 to get home this sux I would rather ride for 8 hours and drive for 2.. When you ,your wife and son each get $75  tickets for tresspassing  it hurts the family budget.You are tresspassing in the state of fl if you dont have the owners permission to ride there.The way building is going in the state of fl you too will some day lose your riding spots close to your house, when this happens to you,you will feel differet about a 3 hour trip to go riding every weekend.
MIKE
I don't just go riding for the day.  When I drive 2-3 hrs I camp and get 2+ days of riding in.  As for my yosh pipe it's got a quiet core because I don't want to increase the volume of my pipe.  I can see how tickets can ruin the family budget but I have yet to get one and have never had problems of any sort any time I've been riding.  Not sure but I must be doing something right.  I guess if it's too expensive then it might be best to trade the bikes for jet ski's there's plenty of places to play w/ those toys.  Or trade for a sport quad and start racing or hitting the tracks.  As for me I'll continue to ride on and do what ever necessary to help the cause.  It takes time and there will be places shut down along the way but others will be opened up.  It'll just be different than what we have been use to.
mikeE36
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2006, 12:20:52 PM »

MIKE
I don't just go riding for the day.  When I drive 2-3 hrs I camp and get 2+ days of riding in.  As for my yosh pipe it's got a quiet core because I don't want to increase the volume of my pipe.  I can see how tickets can ruin the family budget but I have yet to get one and have never had problems of any sort any time I've been riding.  Not sure but I must be doing something right.  I guess if it's too expensive then it might be best to trade the bikes for jet ski's there's plenty of places to play w/ those toys.  Or trade for a sport quad and start racing or hitting the tracks.  As for me I'll continue to ride on and do what ever necessary to help the cause.  It takes time and there will be places shut down along the way but others will be opened up.  It'll just be different than what we have been use to.

mabey i'm missing something but where can you ride here besides ocala, croom and northport. Yupacan is shut down and northport will most likly be as well.
qt314nfla

« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2006, 01:18:46 PM »

Just like you said we can ride those areas.  So there are places to ride.
MIKE D

swamp-n

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2006, 01:57:53 PM »

Glad to here you have a quite pipe.I like to camp and ride all weekend too,but when your local riding spot closes down it cuts into your riding time , I can only leave town once a moth or so.This is the first time I have been ticketed on the bikes in 30 years.I already own a wave runner, manatee zones and speed zones have taken some of the fun of that  too.($100 ticket)I would not sell my bikes for any reason!!!!!!!Have a good one
MIKE

03 honda rincon 650 4x4
98 foreman 450 es 4x4
05 yamaha fx cruiser HO waverunner
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2006, 07:47:49 PM »

"QT314Nfla"  it seems your words are a bit strong, your riding situation might be different from others. it sounds like you only have to worry about yourself. the only place for that is in central florida.
 i personally want a place to go and camp/ ride for 2-3 days at a time without having to pay something or adhere to rules. you havent taken the time to understand YOUR freedom in this state is diminishing.
as far as you saying I'M just complaining and that I'M part of the problem, this last week a bunch of us have been organizing a protest to get back my riding spot in naples, see protest thread.

modified z400
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2006, 08:06:31 PM »

DUDE,

Let's get real BADLUCK is NEVER coming back!!!!  I have friends on the Collier County Board, were NEVER going to see it, period.  I applaud your efforts; many of us have tried the same exact things before.  I can drive 2-3 hours and ride all weekend long and never be bothered by the cops, and not have to pay a D@nm dime!!! 

What is happening is the few bad seeds are ruining it for the rest of us, the ones who don't care about the sport are the people tearing up the lands and making people close their lands and post arrest affidavits for trespassing.  Those of us WHO genuinely care about the sport are doing things to keep riding areas open and to try and open new riding areas, and I'm not talking about a Pl$$ poor 640 acres either.

Also to the original poster why don't you sell your car, boat (if you have one) their are rules that need to be followed for those privileges also, really that’s what a sport is a PRIVILEGE!!!!

Many of us have ridden together, QT and myself have been on many rides together she along with a good size group of us are trying to get our voices heard.  Many of us have found several places to ride and camp all over the state.  Many of us are on VERY EXTREMELY limited budgets, and again have no issues riding when or where we want to.

Carl

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
qt314nfla

« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2006, 10:31:45 PM »

"QT314Nfla"  it seems your words are a bit strong, your riding situation might be different from others. it sounds like you only have to worry about yourself. the only place for that is in central florida.
 i personally want a place to go and camp/ ride for 2-3 days at a time without having to pay something or adhere to rules. you havent taken the time to understand YOUR freedom in this state is diminishing.
as far as you saying I'M just complaining and that I'M part of the problem, this last week a bunch of us have been organizing a protest to get back my riding spot in naples, see protest thread.

Where to start?  Hmm how about your choice in stating that my words are a bit strong.  All I'm suggesting is that I'm tired of hearing ppl complain about having no where to ride.  When in fact there ARE places to ride.  Now these places might not be ones that suit you or are to your liking but there are places.  It's a matter of how important riding is to you.

Very nice wording on the fact that I "only" have to worry about myself.  Really man the jealousy is not necessary.  You are correct in the fact that I only have to pay my way to ride. I've chosen for my life to be like that and I'm happy about it.  I'm happy for those of you that have families.  I enjoy your kids.  I'm sorry that it means you are going to have to work harder to be able to afford the time and money for the sport.  NOT MY FAULT!  I enjoy it as much as I want because I live a simple life.

There's more than just central florida that you can ride and camp.  I know of one that's not too far north of Ft. Myers.  So again this comment is not completely accurate.  If you want to ride w/o any rules then it's simple. Save the heck up and buy some of your own land.  Then you can do as you please and tell the man to go to hell.  Until then it looks like you'll have to follow the rules like the rest of us.  I have laws and rules to follow in my car, why wouldn't I have the same on my ATV.  The only reason they had to finally make laws about it is because people have shown that they are incapable of managing intelligence on their own.

As for my saying you were just complaining.  I never said anything to you about that.  And if you are a part of the solution as you suggest in your other thread then why are you taking offense to my comment. Obviously it wasn't meant for you.  May I quote at this time Carlos Mencia, "duhduduh!"
o4250
Supreme Member

Call me George Foreman..

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2006, 10:35:43 PM »

Roll Eyes
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2006, 12:30:11 AM »

i just feel that guy's pain and anger, and again, im not getting into details, im just pissed about my old spots, but most important is my freedom that doesnt exist anymore. i was born and raised in florida and i believe my time to move to a more rural area has passed me by already. i remember when you could go anywhere in the woods and not bother anyone.  one day i will leave, but until then, you r stuck listening to me..... i live in the keys, so its really far for me anywhere i go. ive been riding at sand mountain lately, by the time i get home its midnight. i bought a piece of land in holopaw. that was my solution. it still would be nice to have a sweet spot in s. florida.

modified z400
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com