Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where is you favorite place to ride out of state  (Read 9385 times)
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 29, 2006, 02:06:04 PM »

Post your favorites and a link to there website along with why its great.  I know im always looking for a new vacation spot maybe we can get a pretty big list going.

Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2006, 02:41:42 PM »

http://www.badlandsoffroad.com/

Attica, Indiana

Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2006, 03:42:53 PM »

well, ME favorite place to ride would be Durhamtown in GA.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
WPBSMOKA

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2006, 06:57:06 PM »

Windrock, TN.  Moab, UT.

'04 400ex, frequently bent handlebars, bent bumper, torn seat, rusty chain and some abused plastics

Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2006, 07:16:29 PM »

im with Id@ on this one. Durhamtown.

www.durhamtown.com

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
Chris505

JUST ADD DIRT!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2006, 07:17:56 PM »

well, ME favorite place to ride would be Durhamtown in GA.
up at the top of my list.  Smiley if you own a quad durhamtown is a must..

also upper telico, and surronding area of southwest North Carolina (wayhutta, roy a taylor trail system). awesome mountain scenery

but on the wish list is WV. the town of Man!! (Hatfield and Mccoy trails)<sp?>

05' KFX 700- mine
05' Raptor 350-my sons
04' Quadsport 250- my wifes
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2006, 07:41:32 PM »

Ive been to Durhamtown and the Blairville area Moab seams like to far of a drive. Anyone been to Hatfield McCoy? Im looking for a fun place for a large group of sport quads

Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 09:47:08 PM »

Only place so far is Ga. while hunting there. Plan on going to Tenn. in July then to OK and ARK to ride with family and frinds there. Anyone know of places in ARK or OK to ride a quad ?

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
easyrider

polaris 800, scrambler/International cxt hauler

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2006, 06:24:17 AM »

Will be going to windrock & hatfield&Mccoy in march I will let you know Grin
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2006, 08:25:17 AM »

My favorite place out of Florida is GLAMIS Wink

PaulyV500

Ride on!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2006, 08:59:00 PM »

I have been to multiple areas out of the state and I will rank them in order for you from best to worst.

1. Wisconsin. Many thosand miles of marked and mapped trails to ride. Many areas have atv routes on the streets and allow you to ride into to town. We logged almost 1000 miles in 6 days of riding and only rode in th Chequigen national Forest area outside Park Falls. We also had a great time fishing as we rode along and across so many creeks I lost count. Can you say fresh Walleye Trailside!!!!!!1

2. Tennesee.  Coal Creek mining area in Oliver Springs Tennesee. It was a great place to ride and a very inexpensive trip in comparison to others. The trails were very challenging and fun. There are lots of creek crossings on trail12. We rode about 320 mi. in 3.5 days.

3. Hatfield McCoy trails,  Gilbert WV.  Stayed at the Trailhouse in Gilbert. These trails we stayed on were part of the rockhouse trail system that consists of about 110 miles of trails. This was a very difficult area to ride and I had the worst wreck of my life on a black trail going down and rolled my vinson all the way down this trail on top of myself. I can away a little sore, put some bungee cords around my machine and rode for 3 more days.
This place is fun and beautiful, but not for the family. There are many trail systems there and some are easier. we rode about 300 mi in 3.5 days. Most of the trails were two way with many having very tight switch backs. I have heard that the Waterways is better for the family.

4. Durhamtown Plantation. Union Pt. Ga. A fun place to go with kids. Most of the trails are one way and are fairly safe and easy. Went with my son and rode about 300 miles in 3 days. This place has tracks set up throughout the grounds if you are into that.  Please do yourself a favor and take on of the guided night rides and you will not be disappointed. The guy who works there will take you off the property to all kinds of different trails you can't normally go on. we went on two and they made the trip a very memorable experience. This is a pretty expensive trip compared to all ther others I have been on.

Next Two on the list is Tug Hill N.Y. and Piute in Utah.

2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV
Numkut

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 09:11:44 PM »

I think the riding out in Nevada and Arizona is definatly cool. I mean me and my uncle went to tons of defferent places... they had dunes a dry lake bed everything. You can basically ride anywhere away from civilization they don't really mess with you around them parts. Its not like Florida where you'll be hurting the environment, I'm pretty sure the desert will tear you up before you tear it up. Plus it is so different from FL. I was in shock when I went out there its a totally different world.

otto

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 11:31:48 PM »

Does anyone know if Coal Creek/Windrock (Oliver Springs, TN) is suitable for 2WD (i.e. sport) quads?

05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member
RaptItUp

'04 Raptor - Pro-Circuit, K&N, Pro-Design, PRM,

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: February 01, 2006, 12:06:52 PM »

Hatfield McCoy, Man WV.  We stayed at The Depot in Man.  The town and people are ATV friendly road riding is legal as long as you obey the laws.  You can ride to gas, food etc.  Rode the Rockhouse and Bear Wallow trails. The trails are challenging.  Best bet is to stay off the black trails.  Green and Blue will do just fine.  Lots of rocky trails, tight switchbacks.  Would not recommend ridng any ATV smaller than 200cc.   I crashed there too, but it was my fault.  I didn't see an erosion break they graded across the trail on a downhill until it was too late.  30 mph endo's are not fun. Ouch!!!!   I still plan to make it an annual trip.  Plan to ride ate least 4 or 5 days. You can trailer to different trailheads and also Bracket Drag racing and Hillclimb competition open to everyone on Sat. night at Xtreme Rolling Thunder park in Logan.  There are all types of lodging...motels to campgrounds

www.trailsheaven.com
dj_pizzim
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2006, 10:02:42 AM »

i went to coal creak but never really road it didnt seam like a fun place for sport quads but then again i didnt ride there all i saw were utes covered in mud

BCConviber
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2006, 01:10:34 PM »

Coolest place I've ridden was in Cabo San Lucas, MX. There's some huge dunes right on the southern tip of the Baja pennisula where you can ride the dunes along side the ocean, or shoot off to the inside and rip through the desert trails. There are several outfits that rent quads and take "tours" out there. Their idea of a tour rocks! Your "tour" guide takes you out there, parks in the shade and tells you what time to be back. And of course, he offers to ride over to the market to pick you up cerveza's and bring them back to you. Good fun...

2007 660 Rhino Sport
2007 700 Grizzly, Realtree camo
**FMR FOR LIFE**
eiger_man

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2006, 04:18:12 PM »

On my property in Tennessee Grin Grin

2006 Camo Suzuki Eiger
Maxxis Bighorns
Ricochet Skid Plates

2002 Red Suzuki Eiger
Mud Lites
Ricochet Skid Plates
FMF Pro Line Exhaust
2500 Warn Winch
florida gator

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »

Favorite would be Wyndrock. We rode with a Scrambler 500 and Honda 400ex. They did fine but would have been better on a ute.

Next favorite would be Tanglewood.
PaulyV500

Ride on!!!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2006, 07:34:25 PM »

Does anyone know if Coal Creek/Windrock (Oliver Springs, TN) is suitable for 2WD (i.e. sport) quads?
I would not reccomend a sprt quad at windrock.  It is very steep and rocky, with many a creek crossing.  Some of the crossings are deepand wide.The trails coming up from the creek and steep and long.  you will be happy you show up with a 4x4. Good luck!!!!!

2006 Bombardier Outlander 800 XT advantage timber
2007 Can AM Outlander 500 Max Red
2006 Can AM Outlander 400 Advantage Timber
Mickey Mouse ATV
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2006, 08:22:46 AM »

im with Id@ on this one. Durhamtown.

www.durhamtown.com