Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Is Big Scrub part of ONF Closure?  (Read 2929 times)
Mulchman

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 26, 2006, 04:47:02 PM »

Is the Big Scrub area in ONF part of the temporary Linadale Closure that the Forestry Service is talking about on their web site? Was planning on taking the family there in a couple of weeks.

The good life is just an ATV ride away !!!
AintSkeered
Contributing Member Plus
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2006, 09:34:10 PM »

No, it's part. Big Scrub is on the southEAST side, the temporary closure is on the southwest side of the forest. Old news.

2015 Can-Am Outlander XT-P by Perry Performance Group
KB

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2006, 12:10:06 AM »

they  are trying to close big scrub though. the lady in the green truck says the biologist say it should have been already shut down. also i hear that there will be other closures. i ride in the church lake prairie area and from what i been told it will be closed this summer. we'll see! (what there trying to do is move us all to a particular area near lake delancey)
jwscroll
Supreme Member

Singin sweet song, a melody pure and clear

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2006, 05:10:16 AM »

I was just at scrub, if they're shutting it down than why are thay putting in electric and two new bathrooms with showers? Also , they cut all the trees down behind the campground, if  you thought the camp was exposed before try going there now.

Hold
On
Not
Done
Accelerating
Mulchman

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2006, 09:57:20 AM »

Thanks for all the replies.

The good life is just an ATV ride away !!!
KB

« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2006, 01:00:33 PM »

i know there installing showers on the west side of campground. the "campground" will prob. never be closed. but when  they close the riding areas around it. then it will probably just be a "campground" for snowbirds like it use to be. before we started going there. just do some research on ocala national forest atv designated riding access. they came up w/ a few trail systems already. there just trying to work it out. with government it takes awhile. its near delancey where there wanting us to be.
raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2006, 11:13:29 PM »

I was there a week ago and they are putting in showers and new bathrooms.  The park ranger told me that they are planning on closing the whole park down for about a year and they will be completely "redoing" the trails to make the park better.  I dont know when, or if they even will, close down the park, but that is what the ranger said.

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
duroc825
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2006, 03:30:56 PM »

What we all need to think about is how to make a way for the federal govt to make money on ATV use in ONF. Seems to have worked for the timber industry???  Christ an idiot can see that "clear cutting" forests down seriously affects the ecology of our environment, God forbid we have a few dirt trails through a man made forest. We also need to recognize that the main problem in finding riding places is "Urban Sprawl" (not same as growth). We are eventually going to be forced to  exclusively ride on "public lands" for that will be all that's left before long! We're all guilty, including myself, of just sitting back and bitching about ATV issues. We need to do more about working with the govt. to find good places to ride, participate in the rule making of these places and most importantly obide by these rules so some stuffy politician doesn't ban ATV's across the board like 3 wheelers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com