Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Protest: promised 640 acres in Collier Co. (head count) MARCH 11th!!!  (Read 106894 times)
lswjth2
Supreme Member

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: February 28, 2006, 12:41:49 PM »

Folks, I delivered our speech today and it went very well. On March 28th we will all get a chance to voice our opinion on this agreement, but you must ATTEND. This will take place at the collier county government center starting at 9:00 am. One of the commissioners even sugested opening up the Picayune forest back up until we have our riding area in place. I also spoke with the rep from the SFWMD and they will now be attending the rallye and letting us know what is happening. Please lets be courteous to ALL the speakers at the rally and at the meeting on the 28th. I can assure that many people are keeping an eye on this including the Governor Himself. I was also told by the rep from the SFWMD, that they will let us have substantial input as to what we want to see in the atv park if it does happen over in Lake trafford. They are also willing to give a handful of us a tour of the area later that week. THIS IS WHAT WE ALL HAVE BEEN SCREAMING FOR. THE MOMENT OF TRUTH IS UPON US. EITHER SHOW UP TO THESE EVENTS AND BE COUNTED, OR SQUEAL LIKE A PIG.....Rick
OffroadSS350

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: February 28, 2006, 05:41:54 PM »

Rick, can we show up to these events just for support even if we dont feel comfortable speaking u know id like to help however i can but not to into politics u know just an 18 yr old kid who wants to ride his atv...

'05 F-150 4x4 on Swamperz
'06 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4
'98 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4 on 28x12.5 Outlaws FOR SALE 3k obo PM me for info pics..
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: February 28, 2006, 06:47:16 PM »

Everyone is welcomed. The only thing we ask as a group is act responsible....would love to have you there. This is OUR rallye. We either all swim together or sink together....see ya there.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: March 01, 2006, 12:45:39 AM »

Eworm & lswjth2  you guys have done a great job !  I want to thank you and anyone else involved with this project.  You guys might be our heros.  Thanks for everything and I'LL SEE YOU AT THE PROTEST BABY !

lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: March 01, 2006, 06:26:21 AM »

Here  the link to the article that was posted on foxnews4 website...

http://www.fox4florida.com/news.shtml
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: March 02, 2006, 10:37:24 AM »

WE ARE GATHERING STEAM GUYS!!!!! WE WILL HIT EM HARD!!!!! Everyone please attend, even if you never use the squares. When this works we can do the same for other places!!!!

WHOA WHOA!!

And dont worry, me and Rick have a lot on our minds and we will doing most of the speaking!!!! Anyone is welcome to speak but we are thier just in case!!
OffroadSS350

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: March 02, 2006, 10:43:57 PM »

im rallying my troops as eworm says WE WILL HIT EM HARD do u guys think we should extend the rally parade past the courthouse perhaps toward 5 avenue down town naples or up airport RD. towards north naples but we definately need stop for a while in front of the courthouse theres plenty of parking across the street in albertsons parking lot well ill see u all at the rally

'05 F-150 4x4 on Swamperz
'06 Suzuki Vinson 500 4x4
'98 Suzuki Quadrunner 500 4x4 on 28x12.5 Outlaws FOR SALE 3k obo PM me for info pics..
CannondaleRDR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: March 03, 2006, 09:27:10 AM »

We will be there with my 4 quads and my friends are also coming with about another 6 quads or so. But I have a problem with this 640 acres talk. Why are we giving in we should be able to have all of badluck just like before! I grew up out there and still go there. Why can't the put up a guard house up on the entrance to the prairie and charge a yearly fee of $35 per bike just like the state operated Croom in Central Florida. I want the the "blocks","sign", "the boyscout camp", the "well", and the trail to "Port of Isle". What we need to do is set up a fund so we can hire a very good lawyer. Do we have any four wheeling lawyer's out there? TIME TO STEP UP TO THE PLATE OR LOOSE IT FOR EVER!!!!

Honda rubicons
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:25:37 PM by CannondaleRDR » Logged
CannondaleRDR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: March 03, 2006, 09:44:41 AM »

Which is it the 11th or th 28th? Not too many people are going to be able to show up on a weekday. I hope who ever is going to speak at the meeting doesn't sell out and only shoot for the blocks THAT IS NOT BADLUCK PRARIE. Maybe that is one of the problems of getting people to show up, your not fighting for the right part of badluck. If you just want the blocks why are we fighting you can go to east naples and get the same effect. I want the open prairie, the hedges, the landmarks. I hope our leaderships head is in the right place there is NO reason the state couldn't follow the same lines as CROOM in central florida.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2006, 09:57:27 AM by CannondaleRDR » Logged
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: March 03, 2006, 09:54:34 AM »

The reason for the 640 acres is because we finally have a single agency we can point to. They are in breech of contract. I have already contacted a law firm and there's other things happening in the background that i cannot discuss for obvious reasons. but TRUST ME, THERE'S A BUNCH OF PEOPLE LOOKING AT WHAT WE ARE DOING. One of the things we need to stress and we need to tell the commission on March 28th, is  to either let us ride back in the picayune on their secondary roads, or forego the agreement, or forego the extension they gave the SFWMD. if they forego the extension, I can almost Guarantee that there will be a CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT BROUGHT against that agency. Let's be civil at the rallye, act  professionally. The pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together. The pressure needs to be continued. Depending on how many of us show up to the commission on the 28th, that will be a defining moment for us all. We will see you there....
CannondaleRDR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: March 03, 2006, 10:01:33 AM »

I hope so. I'll be professional and calm but it's getting to a point were we need to show an act of defiance. Maybe schedule a huge riding rally on the prairie on a certain week end, legal or not the can't arrest all of collier. As far as I'm concerned count me in for the class action lawsuit, its time, I think weve been playing too nice.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2006, 09:27:47 PM by CannondaleRDR » Logged
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #236 on: March 03, 2006, 10:08:30 AM »

Let me clarify this for you . On march 11, Saturday,we will hold the rallye. We will meet at the entrance to the Picayune forest, Try to   leave there around 10:00 am or so, drive thru a predetermined path, and eventually end at the Collier County Government center. There is where will be holding our speaches, etc. The local media will be there so we need to be on our best behavior.Remember this is a FAMILY recreational activity we are trying to get back. On March 28th (Tuesday) at 9:00 am, the commission is bringing up the contract between themselves and the SFWMD up for review and hopefully will make some kind of a ruling. This is about personal sacrifice. Is this something worth losing half a day or a day of work? This is something only the individuls can answer. There are people out there like Brian Mchannon from the Florida outdoor alliance who have been working at this for years, never getting a penny from Joe Public or even a thank you. You have to decide how bad do you really want it......
CannondaleRDR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: March 03, 2006, 10:20:10 AM »

Some of us love the prairie so much we want (and will) to be there but it will be alot more than a half a day or even a full day of work lost for us to attend. Not to mention a 500 mile round trip from were I am right now! And don't even get me started on preperations...Your personal case is not every one elses try to remember that.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #238 on: March 03, 2006, 10:41:52 AM »

You are absolutely correct. Ths will take a lot more than 1 or 2 days. It will take a lot of time and money. I'm sorry if i made you feel like this is something personal. This was OUR riding area, and this is OUR rallye. Everyone is welcomed,everyone will have an opprtunity to speak. As soon as i hear back from the law firm, I will post it.....See you soon.....
CannondaleRDR

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: March 03, 2006, 11:19:00 AM »

Let me know if there is an accout set up to help w/ legal fees and other expenses. Also I would like to know who the money is going to. Thanks
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: March 03, 2006, 11:42:46 AM »

No legal fund has been set up yet. However, I would strongly urge everyone to join the Florida Outdoor Alliance. Membership is 35.00 @ year. They will be at the rallye and have been fighting for us for a long time. As soon as i find out more stuff. I will post it...
lisa

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: March 03, 2006, 02:03:07 PM »

WONDERFUL!!! Rick, pm me so I can give you my phone number...I want to work with you.

In His Hands,
Lisa
In the beginning of a change the patriot is a scarce man, and brave, and hated and scorned. When his cause succeeds, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot.
Mark Twain - Notebook, 1904
MachineDog
Supreme Member

Ride Red!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: March 03, 2006, 02:09:18 PM »

Damn, sucks that our dad will be working on the 11th so we won't be able to come. Sad

http://img284.imageshack.us/img284/4291/p517000123ek.jpg
06 Rancher 350 4x4 - K&N, 1.5" Snorkel, 26" Mudbugs.
Spot Reserved for Big Bore.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/machinedogtag/ - Click to see our pics.
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: March 03, 2006, 02:58:49 PM »

Machine dog, why don't you ask around to see if someone from that area might be coming down, maybe one of you buds or someone your parents know and trust. If you cant  make it, try writing letters, making calls, etc. Maybe have your parents join the Florida outdoor Alliance, that's another way of supporting our cause. E-mail the governor, the newspaper, etc...You get the idea. WE all thank you for any support you can provide....
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: March 03, 2006, 07:35:44 PM »

8 more days BABY !   Please remember if you see a tree hugger, wack'em in the head, tie both their legs to a quad and drag'em thru the MUD.  Just be nice and don't go over 40 mph.  Lol

SEE YOU THERE !

lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: March 05, 2006, 08:11:32 AM »

here's the link on the article that came out on the naples daily news website. I DOES NOT mention the 640 acres, but it gives you an idea of how much dissarray there in....

http://www.naplesnews.com/news/2006/mar/05/pumping_problem/?local_news
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: March 06, 2006, 12:33:13 AM »

I e-mailed "DIRT WHEELS" Magazine regarding this event. Waiting for reply.
I think it will be great to have our event on a magazine, don't ya think ?
I will keep you posted

lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: March 06, 2006, 08:53:17 AM »

That's great. This is the kind of things we need to do. Great thinking..See you on Saturday....
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: March 06, 2006, 09:33:35 AM »

We are going to be there but have not decided if we should load up 1 ATV in the truck, or bring the trailer with both atv's. What is everyone else doing?

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
lswjth2
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: March 06, 2006, 11:37:50 AM »

I will be pulling my trailer with both my quads on them...See you there...
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com