Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What's the deal with Holopaw/Suburban Estates??  (Read 22811 times)
YFZRob

TRX250R, Rincon 680, KTM 525 XC Quad, KTM 200XCW

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 19, 2006, 05:32:36 PM »

What area do the land owners ride on out there....everyone elses lots??  If you own a lot in Suburban Estates, are you allowed to ride in the whole area?  I'm very interested in buying a lot if that's the case!  Nothing better than having your own land to camp on and park your vehicle safely on.  It sounds like people are abusing it lately, which is a turn-off.  Hopefully things will shape up around there and land owners will keep it clean and problem free.

Any way to get a parcel map?  I am looking at a few different lots that are currently for sale.

Thanks!
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 06:16:48 PM by YFZRob » Logged

-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.
T_REX_914

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 03:42:24 PM »

I bought a wet lot out there 2 months ago. I paid $3100 that included 2 keys and all the osceola county county fees. I live close by and really do not need to camp out there. If you are a land owner you may access any trail or road. People do have trailers and camps out there. You can not build anything permanent. You can have up to 4 people on your deed which means you will get 4 keys to the gate.
 Everyone I have come across out htere has been quite friendly. There is some trash on the ground in the old pavillion area. Some weekends it can be hard to find a spot to park in the pavillion area. If you have a 4x4 vehicle you can go towards the back and find plenty of places to park. There are people out there riding BIG 4x4's so you do have to pay close attention when riding.
 It is pretty dry out there right now. I was out there last summer and there was a lot of water and mud to play on or around. I will be out there this weekend and I will get the number of the person who runs the association out there. They can give you prices on lots etc. Or you can drive out there if you want and get the number off of the gate. One other note about Suburban Etstates there are no facilities out there. The nearest bathroom is the citgo at 441 and us 192.
Unknownracer

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 04:28:32 PM »

I'd like to know some more information about this location?   Where is it located?
Jford

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2006, 07:39:37 AM »

I rode up there 2 weeks ago. Alot of nice people. They had hair-sramble races going on there also. It's north of Okechobee, just past Kenansville. The only bad thing, was the dust and wind. Very windy weekend when we went. There is alot of trails , and alot of mudholes. Plenty for any style of riding,
PLEDGER#76

1971 Honda CB350, Honda TRX450R

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 23, 2006, 07:33:19 PM »

when we were leaving the hare-scramble races some of the vehicles leaving the place (suburban estates) were going a little to fast on the dirt road heading to the paved road, saw one end up in the ditch and another in the barbwire fence Sad, so be careful when leaving there on a sunday afternoon!!!

1971 Honda CB350 and its mint
Honda TRX450R
MICROPILOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 23, 2006, 08:23:37 PM »

I went there this weekend for the first time and it was awesome but got to be carefull I think is kind of easy to get lost in 16,000 acres.
fattie

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2006, 01:36:13 PM »

You cant get lost in suburban... You just keep riding around in circles and eventually you come out to the pavillion. LOL. You do have to becareful of those holes in the trails that just pop up.

Fattie is not responsible for his comments and/or actions.
MICROPILOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 12:22:52 AM »

Thanks Dave  Grin
garym
Supreme Member

four wheeling or fishing, it always takes gas

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 11:36:29 AM »

who do you contact to buy a parcel???
kawGIRL
is a Florida Mud Rider
Supreme Member

GOT GROG?

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 12:12:36 PM »

I went there this weekend for the first time and it was awesome but got to be carefull I think is kind of easy to get lost in 16,000 acres.

FYI....8800 acres

jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2006, 07:58:28 PM »

Who cares!! 16K or 8K
dudek38

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2006, 12:42:22 AM »

well who knows exactly how many acres? ive been hearing different numbers

modified z400
MICROPILOT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2006, 01:06:49 AM »

Thats what I was told by a guy that ownes land there .But any ways ,the point is that theres plenty of space to ride. Grin
liteandsirens

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2006, 10:09:58 AM »

Are we talking about the same place that FTR had the 4 Play Quad Scramble? I saw guys with rifles on utility quads. Is it a huntin place or a little of everything? Is the Quad scramble area (the race course) included in the property or is that adjacent to it?
suburbangirl

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2006, 06:48:26 PM »

This is why S/E gets a bad name.  You people don't have a clue what it is out there. And by the way, it's for landowners only. 
YFZRob

TRX250R, Rincon 680, KTM 525 XC Quad, KTM 200XCW

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2006, 10:11:37 AM »

This is why S/E gets a bad name.  You people don't have a clue what it is out there. And by the way, it's for landowners only. 

I think it's pretty obvious it's for land owners only.  I'm sure there are some people on here who ride out there with or without land owners (which isn't related to my post), but I don't understand the problem in asking about the land.  Also, I'm not sure how that gives S/E a bad name?  $4k for land is a joke anyway....I was considering buying a larger dry lot because it's so cheap.   I'll just assume your negative reply was towards someone else's post.  Honestly, if you're a land owner, it looks like you're giving it a bad name.

-Robert-
-2009 KTM 525 XC Quad, FTR #8 Quad 30+
-1988 250R, Almost all original
-2006 Rincon 680
-2008 KTM 200 XCW, FTR #78C C-200.
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2006, 12:59:05 PM »

I think it's pretty obvious it's for land owners only.  I'm sure there are some people on here who ride out there with or without land owners (which isn't related to my post), but I don't understand the problem in asking about the land.  Also, I'm not sure how that gives S/E a bad name?  $4k for land is a joke anyway....I was considering buying a larger dry lot because it's so cheap.   I'll just assume your negative reply was towards someone else's post.  Honestly, if you're a land owner, it looks like you're giving it a bad name.

Agreed
jocolo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2006, 05:43:59 PM »

What's up with all the negative reply's on this site, Someone ask an honest answer and people walk crap all over his/her post, I guess there's a bunch of little kids that cant read or understand, questions, Dammm
BF650

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2006, 06:40:56 PM »

The problem is not with the original post. All of the anger and frustration is because allot of BS has been going on out there lately. Camps tore up, gate tore done, people threatening land owners at the gate who do not let them in, roads tore up, exc, exc. There would not be a problem if people would come with a land owner. The reality is that there are allot of A holes in the world and they read about SE and then try to break in or sneak in. Then they tear it up. If it continues the way that it is going now we will loose that land to ride on also.

The bottom line is if you are not with a land owner do not go. If you are a land owner respect the property. Don't tear up the roads. Don’t leave trash every ware. And respect the other people out there. If you are caught coming in without a land owner you will be trespassed the first time and arrested every other time you are caught. Also just having a key is not going to cut it soon. The keys are starting to get matched up with the deed owner and ID's are being checked.

Sorry for the long rant. Had to get it out of my system.

Mudneck
" It's a State of Mind "
Supreme Member

****FMR****

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2006, 07:09:24 PM »

Good post.
Who or where is a contact to purchase land? I have searched MLS type sites with no luck..

jocolo

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: February 23, 2006, 01:14:37 PM »

The problem is not with the original post. All of the anger and frustration is because allot of BS has been going on out there lately. Camps tore up, gate tore done, people threatening land owners at the gate who do not let them in, roads tore up, exc, exc. There would not be a problem if people would come with a land owner. The reality is that there are allot of A holes in the world and they read about SE and then try to break in or sneak in. Then they tear it up. If it continues the way that it is going now we will loose that land to ride on also.

The bottom line is if you are not with a land owner do not go. If you are a land owner respect the property. Don't tear up the roads. Don’t leave trash every ware. And respect the other people out there. If you are caught coming in without a land owner you will be trespassed the first time and arrested every other time you are caught. Also just having a key is not going to cut it soon. The keys are starting to get matched up with the deed owner and ID's are being checked.

Sorry for the long rant. Had to get it out of my system.

BF650
Well said, I do not own land there but was looking into buying to ride with my family, the problem isnt only limited to SE but to all areas even public that are being shutdown because a few stupid PUNKS, and it sucks I live in Hunters Creek Orlando 5 minutes from Sea World and the same thing happened,
I appreciate your response
Jorge
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com