Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Where to ride near Winter Haven in Polk County?  (Read 6347 times)
Mulchman

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 18, 2006, 04:02:28 PM »

Anyone know where is a good place to take the family riding? At least not 3-4 hours away. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. And thanks in advance for any and all help.

The good life is just an ATV ride away !!!
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 07:56:26 PM »

River ranch is in polk county. If not, I know its at the very most, an hour away. But you need a camp/deed to get in.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
tekhanto

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 09:58:45 PM »

We used to go to Ocala forest 2 1/2 hours.......

You don't stop riding because you get OLD................... You get OLD because you STOP RIDING.

&
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 11:51:17 PM »

Croom in Brooksville.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 02:10:13 PM »

I live in Winter Haven. We ride at River Ranch and Ocala. River Ranch is on 60 in Lake Wales and about 30-45 minutes depending on traffic. Takes about 2.5 hours to get to Big Scrub in Ocala. Have never been to croom.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
liteandsirens

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 02:16:38 PM »

I live in Winter Haven and I have about 3 places to ride that are all within 30 minutes. One in bartow, one in lake wales, both free. One in lakeland, quick trax, it has a trail and a mx track. 20 bucks a person.
   All you winter haven guys give me a shout.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

RACE LIKE ITS GOING TO BE YOUR LAST RACE!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 02:17:48 PM »

I live in Winter Haven and I have about 3 places to ride that are all within 30 minutes. One in bartow, one in lake wales, both free. One in lakeland, quick trax, it has a trail and a mx track. 20 bucks a person.
   All you winter haven guys give me a shout.

WHERE IN LAKE WALES DO YOU RIDE FOR FREE?

liteandsirens

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 02:34:26 PM »

its not mx or anything, but there are some trails and woops. It on the south side of burns rd. Go east past the highschool and its on your right at the bottom of the hill. I dont know the cross street.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 02:39:02 PM »

thats what i thought we call it bonnie lake. i used to live in Lake Whales. my buddy Mark Granden owns that land! it is a great place to ride! i am not sure but they are supposed to be building 80 homes on the property which sucks!  Cry

liteandsirens

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 02:49:31 PM »

where do you live now. Do you ever ride there anymore? My wife and I go there sometimes to practice xc. My friend and I might go there sunday.
MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 02:55:31 PM »

i live in st pete now. i graduated from webber international university. i was there about a month ago visiting mark. i am probably going back in a month or two. that place is awsome i used to just ride my bike down the street from where i lived on sunset!

WickedBanshee

git r dun

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2006, 12:43:23 AM »

I live in Lake Wales . Bonnie lake is fun to ride but RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The people that live close by will call the police .I have been there 2 times when the police came . 1st time they said just stay away from the back side closest to the houses . Couple weeks later , they came out told us ALL (about 5 of us) to leave and if we are caught there again they was gonna write tickets and impound our quads! I used to live on Mourning side Dr. which dead ends to Bonnie Lake . . Best place to ride is Sand Mountain in Fort Meade......its legal

Pentium D dual core 3.2 extreme
Asus P5ND2 sli mobo
CorsairTwin5400c4 2gb 667 memory
BFG 8600 gt oc PCI-e 512mb
Enermax noisetaker 600w power
Audigy2 zs sound 7.1
bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2006, 10:09:42 AM »

Unless you know someone there is no large amount of land to ride on other than River Ranch, and that is not meant to be an ATV park. Bigscrub is right at 2.5 hours and i think HoleyLands is around 2.5 hours. Holeylands is near Ocechobee. There is supposed to be some mudhole in Lake Wales but i havent been out there to see it yet. If you do find a place send me a PM and let me know. I have been trying to find someplace close to ride.

Mulchman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2006, 04:32:43 PM »

Hey Bigscrub, The mudhole you heard about is probably on Lake Buffum Road. If just I was going I would go there. But not with the family, too many crazies show up about 12:00. Drinking and racing, not a good combination if you ask me.  I used to take the kids to Lake Bonnie, but was run out by the cops. Was told yesterday that Sand Mountain was a good place to go. Took me 2 years to save up to buy the wife and I atvs. Now I just got to go and have fun. By the way I manage Mulch-N-More in Winter Haven by Cypress Gardens.

MOTOCROSS MAVERICK
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 04:41:02 PM »

I live in Lake Wales . Bonnie lake is fun to ride but RIDE AT YOUR OWN RISK. The people that live close by will call the police .I have been there 2 times when the police came . 1st time they said just stay away from the back side closest to the houses . Couple weeks later , they came out told us ALL (about 5 of us) to leave and if we are caught there again they was gonna write tickets and impound our quads! I used to live on Mourning side Dr. which dead ends to Bonnie Lake . . Best place to ride is Sand Mountain in Fort Meade......its legal

they cant ticket you or impound your bike! because there is not no tresspassing signs around and the owner is my best friend and he doesent care if people ride on his land as long as you are careful!!!!! if the cops come just tell them the grandens let me ride here!!! the owner is a quad lover himself and if you asked him he would tell you himself you can ride there!!!! the people do get upset because of the noise so it is best to kinda stay away!
« Last Edit: January 20, 2006, 04:43:01 PM by MOTOCROSS MAVERICK » Logged

UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2006, 02:42:59 PM »

Mulchman, what type of bike do you ride?

If you like Motorcross tracks, there is a small one in Mulberry, off hwy 60.

I'm in Lakeland.

I hear Sand Mountain is pretty cool too. South of Ft Meade

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
Mulchman

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2006, 09:49:30 PM »

UncleRico, just got the wife and I each a Kodiak 400. Mine is a 4x4, while her's is a 4x2.  I mainly like trail riding with some sand and mud thrown in. Thanks everyone for all the suggestions.

Ride1Rob
Supreme Member

YFZ 450!!!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2006, 10:25:31 PM »

How big is the place called Lake Bonnie in LakeWales? I'm also from Winter Haven and love to ride trails.

Also, if the place is owned by your friends MotoMaverick, then the police can't do anything b/c your not breaking any laws. They can come out there all they want and can't do anything b/c it's private land. I'd definitely like to hit this spot if the trails are worth it.

If it'll run... I'm ridin'!!!
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 23, 2006, 08:30:23 PM »

Mulchman, if you like trail riding, you need to hook up with someone who has property at River Ranch....you can ride all day and not pass the same place.

Easy riding too!

Good Luck

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com