Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Need some opinions on a New ATV  (Read 14439 times)
qt314nfla

« Reply #25 on: February 02, 2006, 10:19:34 PM »

I've riden a polaris for many years and other quads and i still think the polaris is the best, thats my opinions. My son had a honda and it stayed in the shop most of the time. He now has a polaris 325. And Loves it.
Sorry, I'm an idiot.  I hadn't realized you had rode so much.  Seemed from your posts that you were new to the sport.

As for getting tired of a full time 4wd wolverine.  Never happened for me.  Had mine in full time 4wd for 4 yrs.  Just got the warn 424 to unlock the front diff.  Makes the quad more fun around the turns.  It is an option you can buy on all the older wolverines.  Most wolverine owners swear by them.
Want2Ride2

ASK ME ABOUT METAL ROOFING

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: February 02, 2006, 10:27:32 PM »

I've riden a polaris for many years and other quads and i still think the polaris is the best, thats my opinions. My son had a honda and it stayed in the shop most of the time. He now has a polaris 325. And Loves it.
Sorry, I'm an idiot.  I hadn't realized you had rode so much.  Seemed from your posts that you were new to the sport.

As for getting tired of a full time 4wd wolverine.  Never happened for me.  Had mine in full time 4wd for 4 yrs.  Just got the warn 424 to unlock the front diff.  Makes the quad more fun around the turns.  It is an option you can buy on all the older wolverines.  Most wolverine owners swear by them.

no probably, only new to posting on atv sites, hopefully we can ride together soon.

2001 Polaris Sportsman 500HO 4x4
bear7858

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2006, 10:40:41 PM »

in late 2004 our party went atv happy.
 one day my son in law, my son and myself went atv shopping. we first went to sky power sports in lake wales. we stood around IN the showroom for about 30 minutes. we watched sales reps talkin on the phone, talkin to each other, looked directly at us and ignored us. we left. went to fun bike center in lakeland. were promptly met at the door by a young man pierced more times on his face than a pin cushion. every question we asked he had to disappear into an office to get us an answer. but he had no probs bashing anybody elses product not on his showroom floor. we ended the day at bartow motor sports in bartow. (now barry motorsports in lakeland)
 the sales people were courteous, knowedgable, did not bash other brands, allowed us to test ride, made us feel at home. that day we bought a sportsman 600 twin, sportsman 400 and a magnum 300. later in the month friends bought 2 700's another 400, and a 500.
 one of 700's got water in the diffs. had some front end probs with the 330. all taken care under warranty by bms. no serious probs with any of them.
 the best performing of the bunch is 400's and the 600. all are equiped with mud lites and pretty much unstoppable. we've had them in some pretty insane places. mud u couldnt walk or even crawl thru.
 have even pulled a 1 ton chevy 4 door 4x4 out of the mud with the 600. no, he wasnt all the way dug in but he wasnt moving either. the others in the party were already dicussing where they could go borrow a tractor. i said hey....it'll be the equivalent of 10-12 guys pushin on it. lets give it shot. and it worked!
 we like our polaris's. they r a bit heavier than most equally sized machines. but when u look under them u see the difference. they r kinda like the tractors of the atv family. thats just my .02 though. others feel equally as strong about their atv's too. best bet is brand dont really matter. get a good dealer with a good reputation. then when u have probs ( and u WILL) u'll prolly still be happy with your atv.

polaris sportsman 600
27 mudlites
moose box
warn winch
home made mud flaps
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com