Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Groomed Croom vs. Ungroomed Croom  (Read 5061 times)
UncleRico
Supreme Member

"Crazy, Insane?"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:29:51 PM »

This is from another thread regarding the potential rise in price at Croom...

I contend that they should do a better job of manicuring croom and flatten out some of the areas, however the argument I keep hearing is that they don't groom it to keep speeds down. (as if to suggest that's safer)

However, I feel that it's safer to have a groomed trail with one way directional travel rather than whooped out, unmanicured, free for all riding.

I think it would be really inexpensive to run a grader down the outside boundary near the back fence, and make a loop around the perimeter which would be all one way.

WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK?

I just don't buy that the whooped out trails are safer than manicured trails.

UNLUCKY #13 RACING  "I want to thank my sponsors, Jack Cass Bail Bonds, The Cleveland Steamer Carpet Cleaner Company, The Rusty Trombone Pub, and Dirty Sanchez's Liquor and Check Cashing."
otto

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 08:48:40 PM »

I agree. I think they should make all of the major trails one-way and grade them regularly. I was there on Sunday and had two near misses with other riders. Opening more riding areas would ease the crowding and reduce the frequency of collisions but I am preaching to the choir.

05 King Quad
05 YFZ 450
RR Member
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »

sounds like a good idea to me
 Wink

HONDA CRF450R
FloridaATVs-com

Just a squirrel trying to get a nut.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 11:21:31 PM »

no way you could enforce it..... who is going to stop you from going the wrong way? a traffic cop out there? i don't think so....

if they just leveled the main paths, that would help alot... if they set specific areas for experience levels, that would be even better....

1FasterBlaster

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 11:42:38 PM »

I think it would be a good idea if they flattenned out alot of the area's. Groomed or flattenned, the level of danger will always be the same. Also, why they have the area in the back closed off to riders is stupid.They know more and more people are riding there...open up some space!!!
jocolo

www.cycleworksgraphics.com

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2006, 12:09:12 AM »

Well they were keeping track of how many people where there this sunday 500+ atv and bikes by the time I rolled in my UHAUL  Grin Grin trailer around 12 noon, if they flatened the trails they will just get whooped out again in a short time because the type of terrain,
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2006, 12:45:19 AM »

no way you could enforce it..... who is going to stop you from going the wrong way? a traffic cop out there? i don't think so....

if they just leveled the main paths, that would help alot... if they set specific areas for experience levels, that would be even better....

I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2006, 12:47:13 AM by Dr.Dirt » Logged
qt314nfla

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2006, 12:51:54 AM »

I gotta disagree, I think that if there were one way paths most people would stay going that one way and most people would not be stupid enough to go head on towards the majority of people going the oppisite way. You would have to be really stupid to openly challange a vehicle heading at you from the other direction. I am sure that someone would do it, but not the many people would, common sense will prevail here.  I think the postives of one way trails out-weigh the negitives by a longshot.

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.
apkkfx400

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2006, 08:27:40 AM »

Very well put and well written.  Most states that have one way trails have prevailed and they are followed.

I have to agree with QT and Dr.-No trail officials would need to enforce common sense.  Don't think a one-way trail system will be happening at Croom anytime soon, but if it does I would be willing to pay more to ride there.  Until then, I'll be at Ocala, Hardrock and hopefully checking out Sandmountain real soon!!

Mark
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2006, 12:54:31 PM »

As far as trail Officials/Masters they would have to be us the riders.  If we show that we are responsible, we might stop getting all of this bad press.  At least once a week I read the paper and they are saying something negative about ATV riders.

Just my .01 worth cause giving .02 would leave me broke   Grin

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
wheelie_boy
Supreme Member

Its Fast

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2006, 03:17:53 PM »

I have to agree with QT and Dr.-No trail officials would need to enforce common sense.  Don't think a one-way trail system will be happening at Croom anytime soon, but if it does I would be willing to pay more to ride there.  Until then, I'll be at Ocala, Hardrock and hopefully checking out Sandmountain real soon!!

Mark

i totally agree and it works just fine a durhamtown plantation. 

05 kx 250f
DZ 350
Supreme Member

Lift Your Truck, Fat Chicks Cant Jump

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2006, 03:40:19 PM »

forget about it leave croom natrual and just ride and think of the woops like challenges or obsticles. Wink

-05 raptor Alot of Stuff done to it ( FOR SALE !!!!! )

-98' CHEVY 4X4 SILVERADO W/ TO MUCH TO LIST !

-2007 RINCON 680 4X4 W/ WARN BUMPER, HMF PIPE, AND 26" OUTLAWS

-1987 Jeep Wrangler On 44" tractor Tires ( For Sale )

-2001 F-150 on 9" lift 36" TSL's (For Sale)
Eworm
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »

Mark

i totally agree and it works just fine a durhamtown plantation. 

Yep same here. Just follow the arrows if you dont wanna get slammed, pretty simple in my book. Leave them or take them out, I don't really care.
2006YFZ450
Supreme Member

YFZ 450

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2006, 05:28:16 PM »

It's a good idea but would you think they care(Croom)?? Really??

LostSurf

WWW.RAPTORTRANNY.COM

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2006, 04:25:14 AM »

New to this site. I live in Baltimore Maryland. I went to croom 2 weeks ago i had the time of my life. Id take the whoops and sand over mud and big rocks (east coast) any day.

P.S i diddnt notice the whoops hovering over them in 4th gear on my rappy Cool

flbansheeboy

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2006, 01:44:43 PM »

why have groomed trails at croom, if want  smooth trails, get a golf cart and go to the golf course and ride on flat ground.
Dr.Dirt
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2006, 02:47:35 PM »

why have groomed trails at croom, if want  smooth trails, get a golf cart and go to the golf course and ride on flat ground.

No.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com