Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ocala National Forest  (Read 5070 times)
zukzuk21

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 16, 2006, 08:45:28 AM »

Yesterday a couple of us decided to go to Ocala to trail ride. As we going thru the trails there were small swamps and ponds and of course we went on the edges not knowing how deep the middle was, plus there were so many trail so we didn't want to stay in one spot for long. Well when we came out of the trail we followed the power lines back to the trucks, on the way back there was a little flooded mud hole went thru it got mud all over me and the atv.Well when we finaly got back to the trucks a Ranger stop us for riding on the on of the dirt roads, got out of his vehicle took his hand wiped my Arctic Cat and said $1000 fine for any mud or water on your atv. $75 fine, plus no atv's with blade type tires(any mud tires).$300 for riding on dirt roads. He went on and on no spinning tires, no donuts,all kinds of bullsh!t. My fiance got stoped and followed by a ranger for a place to park her atv, just for riding to the bathroom. Over all I'll never go back and they were on everyone on atv's when the people on the dirtbikes is the ones they need to be after.The only good thing is that after all that they didn't give us a ticket. When we were getting the lecure from the Forest lady she metioned some thing about web sites bashing the forest I haven't put any stickers on my atv yet but she picked this site out specificley(i can't spell) saying that everyone hates the forest and not to go riding there. I really don't think it's the forest people don't like it's the people that that try run and own the forest.

2006 ARCTIC CAT
Scramdaddy

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2006, 09:12:02 AM »

Yea they might have sifted through all these post's and found a couple threads that were easily used against us. They should have a little more tolerance for those of us who just want to have some clean fun. I would be mad too if atvers were running away from me all day. It is similar to a cop chasing guy's around, most get away, when he gets one, he's gonna let'em have it. If you dont get obnoxiuos with them, they'll see your ok. Maybe the peep's that run and go into the mud out there are the source of the ranger's anger. It's got to be a tough job to enforce the rules out there.

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
Bigscrb15
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2006, 09:25:39 AM »

.........When we were getting the lecure from the Forest lady she metioned some thing about web sites bashing the forest I haven't put any stickers on my atv yet but she picked this site out specificley(i can't spell) saying that everyone hates the forest and not to go riding there. I really don't think it's the forest people don't like it's the people that that try run and own the forest.

The same lady was gettin on to us New Year's Eve. She was not very nice.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."
themensh

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2006, 04:13:51 PM »

anyone get the "ladies" name?

Does anyone know if "riding on the on of the dirt roads:" " any mud or water on your atv" or " atv's with blade type tires(any mud tires)" or " spinning tires, no donuts,all kinds of bullsh!t". is illegal?
   Just because someone  tells you something  (and then does not right you a ticket) does not mean they are illegal.
  They could be stupid stuff to do.......and you have to be responsible  for yourself.
  The rangers involved may not have had the correct info.......but here we go....
going off on a "ranger lady".
     I rode this weekend with a few others from this site at "3 lakes".  I had read a post about an older, retired guy at 3 lakes.  Some things were posted, and could be considered not to nice about him.
  I got to meet the "old guy".......and he was not so bad (gspkurt....back me up here).
  Sometimes your attitude determines how people react to you.
      Just remember, when you ride your quad....you are representing me.....
and I don't care to clean-up after you.   

Chuck 'roast
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2006, 04:46:40 PM »

Paddle tires are blade type tires also. Where do they draw the line. Stock only.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2006, 05:20:23 PM »

Here is a link telling of how the rangers were harrassing them New Years day.

http://www.atvflorida.com/forum/index.php/topic,9988.0.html

themensh

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2006, 05:27:19 PM »

hardly saw a reference to "ranger abuse"....did see a reference to a "skunk ape" though.....

( I am more concerned with the latter)

chuck 'roast
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2006, 05:36:34 PM »

Maybe you shpuld read it all. It starts with 400mph and Ride1Rob  is the next to mention it.

needforspeed

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2006, 06:16:21 AM »

I would write a letter to Marsha Kerney in Tallahassee, and start complainning about the abuse you took in the forest. Make sure you tell her where you were in the forest, example lake delancy, big scurb etc. I would start flooding her with letters, about the rude rangers. If your not satisfied I would find a lawyer and see if there is a harassment case against the forest, see what evidence you would need to do this. If it looked good I would presede with a harrassment case, let the law be the judge. If you feel that bad about it get a couple of people together and set them up.

I will do some research and see if I can locate Marsha Kerney's address, and post it on here.

Yesterday a couple of us decided to go to Ocala to trail ride. As we going thru the trails there were small swamps and ponds and of course we went on the edges not knowing how deep the middle was, plus there were so many trail so we didn't want to stay in one spot for long. Well when we came out of the trail we followed the power lines back to the trucks, on the way back there was a little flooded mud hole went thru it got mud all over me and the atv.Well when we finaly got back to the trucks a Ranger stop us for riding on the on of the dirt roads, got out of his vehicle took his hand wiped my Arctic Cat and said $1000 fine for any mud or water on your atv. $75 fine, plus no atv's with blade type tires(any mud tires).$300 for riding on dirt roads. He went on and on no spinning tires, no donuts,all kinds of bullsh!t. My fiance got stoped and followed by a ranger for a place to park her atv, just for riding to the bathroom. Over all I'll never go back and they were on everyone on atv's when the people on the dirtbikes is the ones they need to be after.The only good thing is that after all that they didn't give us a ticket. When we were getting the lecure from the Forest lady she metioned some thing about web sites bashing the forest I haven't put any stickers on my atv yet but she picked this site out specificley(i can't spell) saying that everyone hates the forest and not to go riding there. I really don't think it's the forest people don't like it's the people that that try run and own the forest.

needforspeed

« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2006, 06:22:23 AM »

Riding on the numbered roads is illegal you will get a ticket by a law enforcement person, as far as mud on your atv, blade tires that bull. Spinning dounuts if an law enforcement officers sees it he will give you a ticket, as far as that  being in black and white, no.

Everyone can't be wrong about this lady, there seems to be numberous complaints about her. My question is - is she really a ranger, or just a volunteer.

anyone get the "ladies" name?

Does anyone know if "riding on the on of the dirt roads:" " any mud or water on your atv" or " atv's with blade type tires(any mud tires)" or " spinning tires, no donuts,all kinds of bullsh!t". is illegal?
   Just because someone  tells you something  (and then does not right you a ticket) does not mean they are illegal.
  They could be stupid stuff to do.......and you have to be responsible  for yourself.
  The rangers involved may not have had the correct info.......but here we go....
going off on a "ranger lady".
     I rode this weekend with a few others from this site at "3 lakes".  I had read a post about an older, retired guy at 3 lakes.  Some things were posted, and could be considered not to nice about him.
  I got to meet the "old guy".......and he was not so bad (gspkurt....back me up here).
  Sometimes your attitude determines how people react to you.
      Just remember, when you ride your quad....you are representing me.....
and I don't care to clean-up after you.  

Chuck 'roast
needforspeed

« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2006, 06:18:46 PM »

Send your comments to the header person in tallahassee.

Marsha Kearney
Forest Supervisor
325 John Knox Rd
Suite F
Tallahassee, Fl. 32303

or

Will Ebaugh
800-523-8557
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com