Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: "ATTENTION FAMILY CAMPERS WITH SMALL CHILDREN"  (Read 19526 times)
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: January 15, 2006, 06:54:06 PM »

L-Cross now has a camping area just for you!!!!!!!!!!!!

Featuring a small track with jumps and all!!  You have your own personal mud hole, too!!  Away from the Big Boys with their Big toys. This area
is strictly for small children and their families!  Located in the far Northeast
corner of the park. Bring the kids and their toys and enjoy camping in the woods under Florida's star swept skies!!

Thankyou,

Patti Pearce
L-CROSS EXTREME EVENT

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
themensh

« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2006, 07:35:46 PM »

Thanks for sharing, Pat.
  I just got back from a short "time wise" ride down at "3 lakes W.M.A."
with a couple other members here....and I saw a few other little buggers (kids under 9 years old) riding quads.  Those kids were supervised quite well and appeared to be able to handle their rides with no problem.
   Kids need to have a place to ride also.....and maybe if L-cross is a HIT, other places may join in! Lets hope so.

chuck 'roast
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2006, 04:35:14 PM »

I can't wait to see the little ones play in the mini park!  Mark and the boys spent alot of time planning and building it. I think it is a great addition to the park.  We are always open for suggestions.  We will try to accomidate
any thing with in reason for all to have a better time!

Thanks,

Patti P

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2006, 08:50:06 PM »

The track seems like a really good idea. Just be ready to rebuild it every week before an event.

Great Idea though.. I know if I was a little guy, I would be all over that stuff.

Question though, how much fun could a serious sport guy have out there? I see alot of mud, and when I see mud.. I think how much $$ is it going to cost me to go through that..

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
themensh

« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2006, 08:57:13 PM »

' Kiss'Build it, and they will come."
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2006, 09:49:45 PM »

svtbolt04,

It all depends on you and what you have to tear up!  I think we have seen it all, from Hummer's that were only 2 hours old to cadilacs in the mud pit.

But you don't have to tear it up, at least not on purpose . You can stay on the edges and have a challenge, or really go for it and go all the way across.  Not to many people make it across with out getting stuck, just
make sure you have a good snatch rope and others will help you get out.

There are trail rides too if you don't want to get all muddy. They go 20
miles to the old Kissimmee river and back to the park.  Nice scenery and
cattle,nature & lots of different types of birds to see as well.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2006, 01:47:09 PM »

Perfect weather for the family to come try out the new kiddie park this
weekend. Come play and camp in your own new section.

wwwl-cross.com

Weather man say's it will warm up to the 70's this weekend!

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
svtbolt04
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2006, 06:49:45 PM »

Sorry, another question. I ride a pretty modded sport quad, and those trails seem like somthing I would like to do. Is the trail a one way type of thing, and how packed could it get, incase I open it up a little, will I have to worry about oncoming traffic?

Thanks for the previous post, and I know about people with the hummers, seen it at felda.

823 for life!

Black wheels, plastics, some shiny chrome pieces. Left over dirt from last year, handle bars.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2006, 06:59:23 PM »

When you go on the long trail rides up to the old kissimmee river everyone is going together so no there is not any on comming traffic and you can go as fast as you feel safe remember these are natural trails not paved roads they are uneven and have bull holes as well as ditches in them, but no on comming traffic.

If you ride in the front pasture several people ride out there that want to go fast but again pasture and bull holes.

some people ride on the shell roads there are about 1 mile of these in the front you can go fast on but please be safe!!!

In the camping park and around the mud hole there is a 5mph speed
limit that is ENFORCED! Alot of people and children so don't be stupid there
you will get in trouble.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
themensh

« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2006, 08:15:53 PM »

I just checked out www.l-cross.com

Allot of pictures of mud and quads that have snorkels. My quad has no snorkels etc....are there trails that go around the DEEP soupy stuff?

Thanks for the GPS co-ordinances on the website.   (sounds like a road trip in the future).

chuck 'roast
qt314nfla

« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2006, 09:04:35 PM »

The trail ride we generally follow one another and stay in a line.  The bull holes can get you for sure and they are quite hidden at times.  The last trail had some good mud w/ alot of ppl stuck but they took the 2wd quads on another trail around the mud and met back up w/ us.

As for being snorkeled.  I've rode there several times and I'm not snorkeled.  There are PLENTY of muddy places you can ride w/o a snorkel.  There are however a few GOOD holes that swallow trucks.  If you ride w/ the group in the mud holes you'll learn very quickly where you can and can't go depending on your quad set up.

It's alot of fun and I wish I could go but I sank mine in another hole last weekend and will be rebuilding the rear diff this weekend.  Have fun for me if you go.
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2006, 09:34:37 PM »

Thanks QT I couldn't have said it better!

Patti P.
L-Cross Extreme events

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
themensh

« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2006, 09:57:04 PM »

SEE!!!!  We need more business people to do this!  Maybe inter-connect the trails?
  Good luck Patricia...........I hope you get allot of support ($ also) from the members of this site.  Maybe even make note of the site in a prominant
area of your business?
   I am looking forward to visiting you all.

chuck 'roast
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2006, 10:05:14 PM »

OH YEAH!!!!!!!!!
We are doing this as we speak!!!!!!!!!
4x8 signs with the names of a couple of the sites and sponsors as you ride into the park so everyone knows where to go to get the latest news about ATV riding as well as MUD!!!!!!!!!!!
These signs will be on the road as you drive into the park for all to see!!

Patti Pearce
L-Cross Extreme Events

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »

YOU ARE WELCOME!!!!!  Alot of great response to the "KIDDIE PARK"

But, for you "EXTREME MUDDERS", It's still as "EXTREME as EVER"!!!!!

www.l-cross.com

Thanks,

Patti P.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2006, 10:00:33 PM »

SORRY, you won't be able to get your advance tickets to the DAVID ALLAN COE concert this weekend, the proofs won't be in till Monday. They will be available at the Feb. event and at the Adult weekend the first weekend in March.  Also check the web site next week to see where we will be selling them in your area.

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2006, 04:30:16 PM »

We had a HUGE crowd this weekend ,KIDDIE PARK was a success!! Go to the web site and look at Jan,06 pictures and the new videos. Alot
of new faces and a really Great time.

www.l-cross.com

Thanks,

Patti P
« Last Edit: January 24, 2006, 04:32:32 PM by Patricia Pearce » Logged

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2006, 02:19:18 AM »

We got alot of thankyous for this, not only do the kids have a place to play away from the big boys, but also their families can camp away from the others right around the kiddie park and watch the kids play from the camp site. It was perfect.. Check out the home page of the web site and you can see a video of some of the first kids playing there!!

wwwl-cross.com

Patti P

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2006, 01:59:14 AM »

We will be marking off the family camping area with signs and maybe a little yellow tape so the families can kind of camp in a circle around the track and mini mud hole. That way it won't be so inviting for the bigger kids,
have you ever noticed when you ask people to not do something it seems to make them want to do it more.  If I was a big kid I would not have been seen dead playing in a KIDDIE PARK.  But as always there are a few, that just have to do it. They just uprooted some of the tires we will fix it.

Thank,

Patti Palways

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2006, 08:36:26 PM »

FEB. 17th, 18th and 19th is a family weekend, come join in on the FUN!!!

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »

Family weekend, sounds great!!

Scott Pearce Grin
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2006, 10:54:36 PM »

Smiley :)Are we related SCOTT PEARCE? Yes this is a family weekend and we have a great band "WILD CARD" for dancing SATURDAY NIGHT 8:00pm.

Patti Pearce

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #22 on: February 15, 2006, 08:19:09 AM »

I do not know?? I have been to your events every weekend when you first started and stopped going when the price doubled and it was no longer a family place to ride but more like the 12 hours of sebring Grin Family weekends are a very good Idea. I used to come and give hats out to everyone as I work for Alan Jay Automotive in Sebring. Anyhow GREAT Idea.!!!

SWAMP DONKEY
Patricia Pearce
Supreme Member

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: February 15, 2006, 08:37:35 AM »

Swamp Donkey,
 Prices have NOT doubled!!! It is still $30.00 to stay the weekend, the only difference IS PEOPLE HAVE TO PAY IT UP FRONT NOW !!!! THEY used to come in on Friday for $10.00 say they were just spending the evening and you would catch up with them and 1,500 more people on SUNDAY morning that had been there ALL WEEKEND for just $10.00!! But you still had to have EMS, SECURITY and every thing else you need for a safe and fun weekend!! The price is $30.00 for Adults for the whole weekend, $5.00 for kids 12 and under, for the Whole weekend or Sunday you can come in for 15.00, actually Saturday night at 12.01 you can come in for $15.00's.
We used to charge 10.00 on Friday, 15.00 on Saturday, and $15.00 on Sunday That's $45.00! Now we get $30.00 for the whole weekend or $15.00 for Sunday. So, tell me how the PRICE HAS DOUBLED?Huh??
the price is less,,the only difference is.....we are getting paid!!!

Patti P
L-CROSS EXTREME VENTS

"ANOTHER EXTREME EVENT"
yunt2ride
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: February 15, 2006, 09:31:06 AM »

Patti, the first time that I brought my kids down there I was charged $25 for me and my two kids. It may have been a special event as its been a long time back, I'm not for sure. That was $75, I almost fell out. The lady at the gate had told us that it was $25 a piece for everyone, including babies. I know it has changed now but it did put a bad taste in my mouth at that time. Especially since the website said different and I had drove so far. It took me a little while to decide to give it another chance but now that I have and now look forward to the events.

1997 Chevrolet 4WD extended cab
2005 Polaris 500HO 4X4 Hunter Edition Camo
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com