Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Please be careful, Boy died riding this weekend in DeLeon springs  (Read 8565 times)
vspec1

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« on: January 10, 2006, 08:55:46 PM »

I'm surprised this was not in the news but here goes.  A bunch of us from orlando got permission to ride on some private property in DeLeon springs. This place is pretty nice and has quite a few trails as well as a track. I had stuff to do this past weekend but some of my buddies went.  Some of the trails are awesome but hard to see whats around the corner. They really need to be oneway. Well to make a long story short, two guys were riding one way and they could hear another guy on a 400ex comming the other way, there is really no place to pull off the trail so they stopped and got over as far as they could. The bikes never hit head on but from what I was told the 400ex may have clippped the rear tire of the second bike. The guy riding the 400ex ( he might have been 16 years old) ended up with the clutch lever of his bike in his eye socket.  911 was called and they came in a helicopter. They had to revive him before it took off, and he died the next morning in the hospital. This guy had full gear on, boots, helmet, chest protector, goggles, helmet and he still died. So please be careful, we all enjoy our sport but we also need to use our heads.  My buddies are all freaked out about it. Even though they didn't know this guy they were pitted next to his dad and younger brother. It was the younger brothers first day of riding. They had said hello and talked with them before the accident.  It was a very sad day of riding.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2006, 09:05:57 PM by vspec1 » Logged

2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc
gery350
Supreme Member

no guts, no glory

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: January 10, 2006, 09:14:40 PM »

man thats tragic.....
thats why you need all you senses out there. if the other guys would not have heard him coming it could have been alot worse.

hey this is klutchbuster350, me and rl400*mostly rl400* made my dad this sig. now lets see how long it takes him to notice lol
hey while im here...........klutchbuster rules!!!!!!
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y235/klutchbuster350/gery350_3.gif
Scramdaddy

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2006, 09:17:49 PM »

Thats terrible. Seems like 2006 is starting off with lots of bad news.

2004 Scrambler 500 4x4 .  Gen3usa.com
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: January 10, 2006, 09:20:45 PM »

dang!!! how the heck did the clutch lever got stuck in his eye! 

that sux

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
vspec1

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: January 10, 2006, 09:31:39 PM »

I'm not sure, like I said I didn't make it there last weekend. From what my buddy said  the guys goggles had a crack in the lens where the lever actually went through. The guys arm was broken and his eye was so far out of it's socket that his eyelid wouldn't close.  He was trying to calm the kid down, telling him he was going to be allright. The dad on the other had was screaming, saying "'oh my god your going to be blind"  Not something his son should be hearing.  My buddy said the dad was covered in tatoo's from head to toe, looked like mr. badass, but was a total ass when it came to this situation.  You always try and keep the person who is hurt as calm as possible, not yell " your going to be blind"  or "turn your head, I can't look at it" 

My buddy was the one who rode the 400ex back to the truck. he said it was perfect, no damage to the bike at all. It was just covered in blood.

2006 Brute Force 750
2005 YFZ 450
2006 Honda Rincon
2006 Honda TRX 90
2005 Predator 50
2006 KTM 525 exc
trx#9
Supreme Member

Manager at Seaman's Sausage House and Adult Movies

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2006, 10:03:46 PM »

This happened to a friend of mine. His name was Randy Howard a pro national rider. He was practicing on a practice track in east tampa the quad flip over on him and the clutch lever inserted in his temple, then he went brain dead his dad had the hard decision to pull the plug. Experts said it was a shot in a million. I think I'm going to order hand guards I think that will help out alot, take the point out of the lever.

"A SPECIAL THANKS TO MY SPONSORS"
Big Knob racing!, NewMembers Mom!
 Sacks Gloryhole at the Little Bar!
Qawd32 Colon massage inc.!
Fuzzy Pickle race team!
T2
Supreme Member

It's Better To Be The Predator Than the Prey

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2006, 10:28:21 PM »

Man that sucks to hear stuff like this. This could have happened to anyone of us. My thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family.  Sad God bless

Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2006, 12:32:01 PM »

It is truly tragic to hear news like this.  Obviously the person whom died was aware of the perils of riding from the fact that he was wearing as much protection as possible.  This reminds us all of the fact that our love for our sport will never completley exclude the dangers of it, no matter the caution we take.  Our prayers should go out to him as we are thankful for our own relative health.  To know that he was doing something he, presumably, loved and that he teaches us such an important lesson in his death makes his life even more valuable than it already was.

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
Asphaltdragon
Supreme Member

Florida Atv Rally Sponsor

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2006, 07:30:02 PM »

perhaps its time to start wearing a full face helmet Lips Sealed (motorcycle helmet). I hate it when im trail riding and a branch hits me between the helmet and my goggles

Yellow '02 Honda 400 EX +ATP
Yellow '01 Bombardier Traxter XT
Orange '02 DS 650 Baja
kfx400rob
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2006, 07:45:36 PM »

dang! this still amazes me that the clutch lever stuck him in the eye!!! thats gota HURT! Dead

06 kfx400
00 ez-go with rotax 503.
01 gmc 2500 d-max.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

I love boating and fourwheeling,salt water fishing

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2006, 04:33:10 PM »

It sounds like that track gncc i have seen in the dirtwheel magzine last year.Is that the place the gncc track, where the kid got hurt at was it on private owner track just on of those mx tracks?

Well it sounds the cluch hit him in the eye near googles it could cuase hitting the bumps on the trail where he was riding and maybe before he crash into atv?anything could happen at that point before he crash.He must been flying at that rate of speed.

I have been to   pronce de leon while back during last year when i was checking out on farm land for sale during last year during may.Over somewhere in that part of  northwest florida area i'll be moving over there one day to get to some good riding areas in the near future when i get chance move out of live oak and mcalpin sometime in 2 or 3years.I know prices on farm land are cheaper there.

I'm sorry what happen to that kid got hurt on fourwheeler too bad he didn't  get second chance in life Cry. Shocked I always  said teach your kids to ride right and they will learn soming alot from you when they get older and teach about how dangrous atvs can be.

I had uncle long time he was riding in rain one day on his
birthday 8years ago it happen in tenn and he went right off ciff
and atv landed on him and he almost die during that point.But
he only came out with broke rib and he still rides atv untill this day.
But he learn about that long time ago.
But he told me don't ride in the rain when it's
heavy.

thanks,
amhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:43:27 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2006, 04:56:38 PM »

It sounds like that track i have seen in the dirtwheel magzine last year.Is that the place the gncc track, where the kid got hurt at?

Well it sounds the culch hit him in the eye.It could cuase hitting the bumps on the trail what he was riding that could happen and anything could happen at that point.He must been flying at that rate of speed.

I have been to   pronce de leon while back during last year wahen i was check out on farm land for sale.over somewhere in that part of florida i wanna move over there one day to get to some good riding areas in the near future.I know prices on farm land are cheaper there.

I'm sorry what happen to that kid got hurt on fourwheeler to bad he didn't  get second chance in life Cry. Shocked I always  said teach your kids to ride right and they will learn soming alot from you when they get older.

thanks,
amhighlander  Cool

What are you talking about  Huh Huh HuhHuh  Do you not know how to put a sentence together  Dunno 3 StoogesHuh

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
Pastense

Location: The dark side of the moon and when not there try Homestead

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2006, 05:16:27 PM »

Raptor,

Maybe Americanhighlander is an imigrant and does not know how to write english well.

Or perhaps he is learning disabled in some sense, perhaps Dyslexia?

Be considerate, cause ya never know.......
 Smiley

"Hard Core" is after a wicked wreck the first thing you ask is "How's my quad?"
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2006, 05:25:56 PM »

I'm sorry miss place sentences on here.I must been rushing
on typing on here yestday.I had refixed it just now.

But I was born here in the usa and in florida.And my dad was in the
navy for 12years and he borning in brooklyn ny and my mom was borning
from hick town in crossville tenn and my great grandfather bulit the old  first clock rock  tower in crossville tenn long time ago.
Well my old great great grandmothers and grandfathers come from ireland
and dutch and cheorkee indian.But that doesn't make me indian.

Sorry I had give my life history on here and i'm not imigrant.
But i do read dirtwheels magzine and it hads improved my reading skills and learning skills and my spelling in some ways.I use be in ld classes long time ago and on  navy bases they had better schools.
But I have been going to adult school for the last 4months in lake city and
looking into dockmaster one day or become weather man one day in my lifetime.I know when i went school down south longtime they were pretty bad
back in those days and ruff.But it's very long story about that.I'm person loves atvs alot and even 4x4 stuff and watching people doing freesytle stuff on tv.I saw that show on stunt junkies the other night on tv and I'm not too crazy to do
stunt riding i just like riding trails stuff.

thanks,
amhighlander  Cool
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 05:37:41 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

http://widget.slide.com/rdr/1/1/3/W/10000000bb75877/1/320/C3zfUOyy7z9lkQxLVEpqAid4fox1Ohlr.jpg(I always say:Ride Harder Let Your freedom Go!!)
I'm a goat farmer live on 8acrefarmlivingwith my parents.http://www.youtube.com/foxman362
Toomey
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2006, 05:30:30 PM »

You're a unique character nontheless.

Looking for a junker dirt bike project.
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2006, 05:33:23 PM »

Thats true.. Smiley

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2006, 05:39:26 PM »

Undecided I'm sorry about that kid die on the atv.But at least
we learn soming about it.  Embarrassed

raptor426

Its 5'oclock somewhere

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2006, 10:11:03 AM »

VERY unique

2005 Yamaha Raptor 660r #26:AC grab bar, Alba Pro Elite nerfs, Uni filter, UM full body skid, AC swingarm skid, White Bros R4 slipon
2005 Yamaha Grizzly 660:27" Mudlites, 12" C-series rims, 2500# winch
2003 Yamaha YZ426F:stock
2002 Honda Rancher:27"Mudlites
2001 Polaris Scrambler 400
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2006, 10:24:41 AM »

Raptor,

Maybe Americanhighlander is an imigrant and does not know how to write english well.

Or perhaps he is learning disabled in some sense, perhaps Dyslexia?

Be considerate, cause ya never know.......
 Smiley

Not to rob this post but we all could use a lessen in consideration every once in a while. I know I do.  Thumbs Up

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2006, 03:00:40 PM »

Well  I'm not a imigrant
I was born in the usa and
I'm not from outside usa.I was borning
on navy base in penscola fl.

Well at least we learn our mistakes
about riding atvs in this world.

The only why i  got the word highlander
from movie on highlander back few years
ago.I aways like thoses rolling hills with green
grass on the moive. 
 Smiley
I always love lord of rings moives
with shire seen in there. Smiley Wink
« Last Edit: January 26, 2006, 05:14:44 PM by americanhighlander » Logged

americanhighlander
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2006, 05:09:34 PM »

bump  Smiley

geektrx

RedNeck Riders Association/Yacht Club President

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2006, 09:25:49 PM »

RIP and god bless you

Yes, I do talk to myself, it is the only way I can have an intelligent conversation. There is a fine line between genius and insanity, and the only trait that separates the two is the amount of pay.

06 TRX
94 Kawi Bayou
91 Seadoo SP
91 Kawi TS
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com