Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Thoughts and Prayers For Moose  (Read 35507 times)
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #100 on: January 12, 2006, 05:54:00 PM »

OK everyone, I'm back at Mike & Jen's house and feeling much better. The surgery went as well as it could, no problems or surprises. They have my arm straped to my chest so it won't move, and that makes my ribs feel quite a bit better also. I guess I will find out tomorrow when the surgery meds wear off how bad it will be. The down side is 6 weeks minimum before I can ride or use the arm.

All you fine people have a good day and ride safe.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2006, 09:32:40 AM by Moose » Logged

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

I found out who my friends are

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: January 12, 2006, 09:16:45 PM »

Bruce,

Were all VERY glad your gonna be ok and everyting went fine!!!!  Cannot wait to ride with you again. 

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

2001 F-250 4X4 Diesel, 6 way hand
dreth

« Reply #102 on: January 12, 2006, 09:30:52 PM »

i cant believe it took me 5 pages before i saw this thread. you need to stop showing off for the ladies Wink get well soon Grin
321GONE

Finally, ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: January 13, 2006, 12:07:45 AM »

PRAYERS OUT FOR A SPEEDY RECOVERY!!!!
Later, 321Gone

2003 prairie 650, You either got a V-Twin or wish you did ! List of mods
2002 300 ex
renmus
Supreme Member

I am a Florida Mudrider

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #104 on: January 13, 2006, 06:38:49 AM »

Happy healing, we will keep you in our prayers.
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #105 on: January 13, 2006, 09:29:25 AM »

i cant believe it took me 5 pages before i saw this thread. you need to stop showing off for the ladies Wink get well soon Grin

Well I did have QT following me, so that might have had something to do with it.  Grin

The operation meds have worn off and the pain is up some, but not as bad as I thought it would. Nothing these little pills won't take care of, if one won't do it, two certainly will. Just a waiting game now, I do feel a little better each day. I am going to look into a steering stabilizer because this is the second time this has happened. lil moose hurt his legs the first time, so this has to stop.

LORD, please keep your arm around my shoulder, and your hand over my mouth. Amen
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #106 on: January 13, 2006, 09:50:45 AM »

Steering stabilizers help just ask QT!!!!    LOL  But they don't work that good when your  Drink Drive  and hit a stump with them.   Grin  Sorry QT I had no choice.....

Freakk

Never argue with an Idiot. They drag you down to their level, and then beat you with experience!

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

bigscrub79
Supreme Member

I'm a Florida Mud Rider!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #107 on: January 13, 2006, 09:54:05 AM »

Well I did have QT following me, so that might have had something to do with it.  Grin

The operation meds have worn off and the pain is up some, but not as bad as I thought it would. Nothing these little pills won't take care of, if one won't do it, two certainly will. Just a waiting game now, I do feel a little better each day. I am going to look into a steering stabilizer because this is the second time this has happened. lil moose hurt his legs the first time, so this has to stop.
I am thinking you should look into a Rhino, with the seatbelts and roll cage. Glad to hear you are feeling a little better, nothing time and some little pills wont fix.

SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #108 on: January 13, 2006, 10:06:30 AM »

Steering stabilizers help just ask QT!!!!    LOL  But they don't work that good when your  Drink Drive  and hit a stump with them.   Grin  Sorry QT I had no choice.....

Freakk

Good point....but two hands help as well, the beverage offers very little control in roll-over situations. Grin We are so glad to hear you are doing better Thumbs Up
Da_Mtg_Man
extraordinaire
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #109 on: January 14, 2006, 12:13:15 PM »

Well, Moose is at home and resting. I haven't checked on him yet this morning but last night he was happy to be home.
Doc said 6-8 weeks of NO riding. He has to wait until the bone grows back together.
We checked out the quad yesterday and a $2 piece of pvc will fix the snorkle (sorry Scott, you're SOL).

FLORIDA MUD RIDER
Moose
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #110 on: January 14, 2006, 05:49:17 PM »

As said by people before I got hurt, "the people of this site are amazing."

I relized I didn't thank you all for the basket & balloons, QT it sure surprised me when I got back to the room and saw it sitting there. Thank you QT and anyone else that had anything to do with it, made me feel much better right then.

QT, you are an angel, thanks. Oh, that blue Dodge is one fine truck. She and bbf drove her truck out to bring me and my quad to camp.

Bigscrb brothers, thanks for getting me to the hospital. They wouldn't leave me untill I told them to go on. Then they stayed a little longer.

05greengriz & your wife for getting my truck and trailer with quads accross state, closer to Mikes house. Thank you.

Chuck, I do remember you calling a little. Thanks, it means a lot to me.

And of course DA_MTG_MAN and his BOSS, and their entire family, I can not put into words the thanks I have you you all. They took me into their home and looked after me until I got stable after surgery. Plus driving many many miles at the oddest hours.

There's got to be more that helped break camp and all. If I missed someone, I'm sorry, I'm on these little white pills that make me feel better.  Grin

smokin_zilla

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #111 on: January 15, 2006, 10:25:27 AM »

Moose, i hope you are feeling better and have a fast recovery.I feel for you im in the same position as you  after my crash.The worst part i think is the waiting to heal, so we can get back out and have some fun.Jason

lt500&z400&yfz450
Hollywood
Supreme Member

Team ATP Racing #8

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #112 on: January 15, 2006, 04:00:23 PM »

GLad to hear your feeling better Bruce. Let us know if you need anythign brother.

'99 4??EX: Laeger +2's, Elka Resi's, Tag bars, AC ProPeg, Sparks X6 exhaust, G-Force axle, Burgard stem/carrier, 250r Hood, Klaw MXR's, ATP Racing engine, LSR, MSR, PEP and the list goes on.

'03 Honda 250EX: Yea it's decked out too!

'03 Yamaha Blaster: Work in pr
KD 428
Supreme Member

FTR #428

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #113 on: January 15, 2006, 04:09:37 PM »

that sucks, ill be prayin tonight

HONDA CRF450R
sk8r_dude
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #114 on: January 15, 2006, 04:57:04 PM »

Wow Moose, I just read what happened. Hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to what you enjoy real soon.

Gerald

05 Grizzly 660, 2500 winch, Garmin 276c GPS, Quad Boss trunk

05 Grizzly 660 Camo, 2500 winch, Quad Boss trunk 

http://www.beachinlineskates.com/
http://www.123skate.com/
http://www.store.yahoo.com/beachinlineskates/
http://www.authorized-sunglasses-watches.com
SWAMP_DONKEY

« Reply #115 on: January 15, 2006, 05:42:08 PM »

Bruce, We are glad to hear your home (at least mike wont be hittin on ya,lol) we continue the prayers. Vicodin is your friend Grin

Swamp and family
qt314nfla

« Reply #116 on: January 18, 2006, 11:42:30 PM »

I'd like to thank the following members and their families in their help w/ Moose's gift basket and assistance w/ getting him to the hospital and taking care of him after.

Indianjoe & renmus, swampdonkey and family, muddfreak77, scrub brothers, 05greengriz and family, bbf, bbf's friend Fern, mtg_man and family.

I hope I haven't forgotten anyone.
Thrumud
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #117 on: January 19, 2006, 11:56:52 AM »

Hey Moose, hope you're doing better.  I just got into a real bad wreck on Sunday here in Ft Myers.  The same thing ... the quad landed on me after flipping three times.  Thank God I was wearing my helmet and my chest deflector or else I would be dead.  " I know what you are going through "  Doctor said I have to stay off my left leg for 4 weeks.  Man - thank God for those pain killers. My ribs and my back kill me even if I smile too much.

Let's not sweat it .... we'll be back on our quads in no time.  Get Well !!!

Dennis

Loven It
Supreme Member

Finally! ATVFlorida.com is here!

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #118 on: January 19, 2006, 11:59:32 AM »

Hey Moose, hope you're doing better.  I just got into a real bad wreck on Sunday here in Ft Myers.  The same thing ... the quad landed on me after flipping three times.  Thank God I was wearing my helmet and my chest deflector or else I would be dead.  " I know what you are going through "  Doctor said I have to stay off my left leg for 4 weeks.  Man - thank God for those pain killers. My ribs and my back kill me even if I smile too much.

Let's not sweat it .... we'll be back on our quads in no time.  Get Well !!!

Dennis

Hope you get to felling better as well. Good Luck with your recoveries guys

99 Honda 400ex
01 Polaris Trailblazer
06 Honda 90cc
05 Kazuma 50cc

https://www.nationalmssociety.org//FLC/personal/default.asp?pa=52649935&pd=FLC0EMS120060429WWT
qt314nfla

« Reply #119 on: January 19, 2006, 03:36:37 PM »

Man seems like there have been alot of injuries around here lately.  I hope everyone heals well.
MuddFreak77
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: January 19, 2006, 06:03:56 PM »

WOW thats like 4 or 5 I know of in the last 2 weeks.  QUICK  put me in a padded room  O wait I'm already in one     Grin  j/k

Hope everyone had a quick and painless (as possible) recovery

Freakk

'07 Suzuki King Quad
3k Warn Winch
GPS

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com