Home ATV Florida Forum ATV Florida Where to Ride? ATV Florida Links Advertise

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Live each day to the Fullest, it may be your last!  (Read 3694 times)
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

Enough Bullsh*t... LETS RIDE!

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« on: March 16, 2005, 04:52:24 PM »

I have been riding quads for 6+ years and driving for 4 years now. During this time, I have had my fair share of close encounters when it comes to people hitting me or me hitting someone else (you know the kind... where you are missed by about a foot). I always had that feeling that someone was definately watching over me, almost like I had a bubble around me. Today, has been by far, the BIGGEST example of this feeling. I live/work near Deland, but my companies main office is in Orlando. Today I was driving back from the Orlando office on I4 when in a matter of seconds, the traffic went from 80mph to about 15mph due to a flipped car in the median next to the Sanford mall. Needless to say, I slammed on the brakes and swerved in the breakdown lane a little in order to not hit the car in front of me. Unfortunately, the semi truck behind me couldnt stop as fast. He also went into the breakdown lane, clipping the drivers side mirror of my boss's truck (the one I was driving). This being said, I couldnt help but to freak out, I was litterally an inch away from being in God knows what kind of position. I shed my tears and gave my boyfriend a phone call as soon as I got back to work, I was, and still am, a bit of a wreck, lol. Again, this bubble seems to be around me (at least when it comes to traffic, lol). They say never to live faster then your angel can fly... well if that is the case, mine has got something serious under the hood.

I just thought I would share this with ya'll to remind you to live every day to its fullest because you never know when it could be your last. Also, to remind you to treat everyone you love like it is the first/last day you will be with them. Never stop showing someone how much they mean to you because if they get taken away unexpectedly, you won't want to live telling yourself "I wish I had done more. I wish I would have given her that extra hug, that long kiss, and one more I love you. I wish we wouldnt have gotten into that fight before we left the house... I wish...." [smiley=Hug.gif]
« Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 05:01:47 PM by humrz28 » Logged

The true measure of a man is how high he bounces after hitting the bottom

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

http://www.myspace.com/humrz28
dreth

« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 06:00:30 PM »

thats not a bubble! its GOD! glad your ok and keep that "bubble" close to you Wink
eric
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2005, 11:01:28 PM »

Amen Dreth Wink
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2005, 04:43:03 AM »

I hear ya,,,yesterday must have been the day for accidents on I-4.  Coming home last night about 11:30pm(VERY late night for me) going Westbound on I-4 at the Colonial exit somebody cut me off and sent me into a spin at 60mph and I ended up doing a 540 degree turn.

Everything was allright with the truck and myself except at the end of the turn I was facing the wrong way,,,,so of course I had jackarses honking at me when I was trying to get turned around.

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2005, 04:47:24 AM »

wooohoo! Sounds exciting, lol. I am hoping my drive to Orlando today will be less eventfull.

Proud owner of an '06 LTR and a '00 300EX... both have too many mods to list Smiley

BIGWORM3699 ( ECP RACING)
Supreme Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2005, 05:31:28 AM »

Glad to here your ok, but an event like that puts life in ck and lets us know how short life could be. drive safe

East Coast Performance Mini Quad is your
Official Apex and DRR mini quad dealer, For your mini quad performance parts and tuning needs.
2013 polaris ranger camo
KINGQUAD, 29.5 outlaws,snorkled,rad. relocate, clutch mod.
APEX, stage6 RT 70, elka,mallosi overrange,PVL ign.
LakeMaryKid
Supreme Member

Just a good ole' boy never meanin no harm.

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2005, 05:34:34 AM »

glad your ok babe. You know i love ya ash! Glad you werent hurt physically. Love ya babe

PS: and ida mann! Holy crap bro talk about scary. Did you spin cause the wheels broke loose when you swerved or did her hit you?

Curtis

2003 KFX 400
1994 F-150 - 12" SAS 38.5 Boggers
2007 F-150 Supercrew FX4 Luxury
2004 14' Mirrocraft
Ida_Mann
Supreme Member

Location: There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest.

I own and wear a purple sombrero

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2005, 05:59:44 AM »

glad your ok babe. You know i love ya ash! Glad you werent hurt physically. Love ya babe

PS: and ida mann! Holy crap bro talk about scary. Did you spin cause the wheels broke loose when you swerved or did her hit you?

Curtis

the backend on a regcab f-150 flareside aint exactly heavy, so yeah, the tires broke loose big time.

ABS is only good if you are going straight, but it doesn't do a thing when the wheels are going sideways ;-)

Id@

Id@ M@nn

www.facebook.com/IdaShotMe
'99 Honda 400EX ATP'd (quietly making noise)
'02 Honda Foreman Rubicon
'00 Honda TRX90
8 X 20 Enclosed hauler/camper
"Show me a smooth operation and I'll show you someone who is hiding mistakes, real boats rock."
Honda328i
Supreme Member

I do my own stunts

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2005, 06:11:52 AM »

SkyHigh and Ida, glad to hear you are ok.  Crazy  [smiley=Wacko.gif] drivers in O'town, especially when it rains.  I had a close one too this week.  I stopped at a railroad crossing just prior to the gates going down.  I probably could have made it, but my boy really likes trains and we wanted to watch it.  Unfortunately, the mini-van behind us just had to make it through, swerved into the left lane and just cleared the crossing, nearly clipping my azz end. [smiley=drive.gif]

I think I feel safer riding my quad than driving.  [smiley=banghead.gif]

love_to_roost

LOVE TO ROOST

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2005, 07:54:28 AM »

I'm glad both of you are fine physically.Little worse for wear
mentaly,I can tell you guys as much as I drive everywhere I
have a friend upstairs.That being said when I did drive an 18
wheeler there are a lot of folks who must have an angel with
them in their car.Because the way people drive in Central-
South Florida is like they are qualifying for Daytona.Guys be
safe in all youre travels God bless you

96 warrior alba graphics renthal bars piaa light kit     11 to 1wiseco piston titanium valves 450 high lift cam 36mm mukuni with twist ,dg pipe paddles and holeshots
GreggT

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2005, 08:55:35 AM »

Ash,
Last Tuesday I was driving here in Cape Coral. I was at 45 mph on a main road. A car coming in the opposite direction (towards me) just lost control in the rain. He started doing 360's, jumped the median and slammed into me head on. My SUV is a mess, but he was in a Dodge Neon, so he got the worst of it. Thank God, I was shaken up pretty badly but had only very minor injuries...sprains and bruises. Haven't heard yet if they will total my truck or try to repair it. In any case, you are so right, girl. Life is a gift. We need to treat it as such. Thanks for the reminder.

'04 Z400 LE  ATP'd.
'03 250EX, Pc T-4 pipe, Dynojet jet kit,
K&N filter, DG nerfs & bumper, Shredders front & rear
?? Warrior, K&N filter, Mikuni carb, WB pipe, polished nerfs/grab bar/bumper
CAOSPOP

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2005, 09:27:57 AM »

Man you guys sound like you had a prety interesting week... You know life precious. Thats why you should live now. I guess thats why they call it "The Present"
SkyHighT100
Supreme Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2005, 09:32:43 AM »

Sorry to hear about your wreck Gregg... glad you werent in the Neon though  Wink

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Other Florida sites of interest: www.PinballShark.com